Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Casing Question...
    #1957629 - 09/27/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well I figured I'd try one casing just for the hell of it. I broke up 3 1/2 pint cakes and put them in a porcelin casserole dish. I put a thin layer of moist sterilized verm on top, just enough so none of the pieces of cakes where visable. I put tin foil over the top and poked 6 holes in it with a pen. I know this is all probably in the FAQ, but I want advice from someone that has done casings before and knows wtf they are doing. Now I will tell you what I think I need to do, tel me if im wrong and correct me if im wrong. I wait 3 days take the tinfoil off and if any of the verm on the top is colonized I patch the spots with casing material. Then I wait about 3 more days and repeat the same thing and then stick it in the pod. Is this correct? Or do I let the whole top casing layer colonize then fruit it, because I have seen pictures that appeared like thats what they did. Thanks in advance.

DaTdAnK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Casing Question... [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1957640 - 09/27/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The thing you want to do is get even growth. The reason you patch is so the foremost growth has some more colonizing to do. And you want it to finish right as the mycelium on other parts of the casing finishes. Patch as much as you need to until you have about 60-70% of the casing colonized. Then fruit like you would a cakem but you only need 80% humidity now.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
Re: Casing Question... [Re: SixCee]
    #1957812 - 09/27/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you need to stick your casing in the fruiting chamber now and mist the verm layer every day. Don't patch until you harvest. The even growth should already happen if the colonized substrate was even before you applied the verm...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags