Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
lonely *DELETED*
    #1929353 - 09/18/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: lonely [Re: 0toxic0]
    #1929444 - 09/18/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You'd be suprised at how many of these "dumbasses" you're surrounded by are simply putting up a shield and aren't really all that moronic when you calm them down and stimulate some real conversation.

I learned that many of the people I thought were hopelessly lost in "culture" can really open up and reveal some pretty deep and understandable shit once they understand that you're just as pissed about society as they are... lol its like everybody's afraid to say anything "REAL" in fear of sounding weird, but all of the shit they come up with instead of the real stuff is more demented than the conversations they are withholding - don't know if that makes sense, but you should try loosening up and joining in with the "dumbasses" so you can help them discover that these feelings they're hiding inside aren't unusual and should be expressed.

Here in Los Angeles there are tons of people who have awoken and are willing to have deep philosophical and political conversation but first you have to wade through some bullshit to settle them down

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: lonely [Re: Strumpling]
    #1929736 - 09/18/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"learned alot about myself and learned to be happier wiht who i am. now im perfectly comfortable with who i am."

Good to see your headed in the right direction :wink:

Everyone has something wrong with them in one way or another cuz hey, pobody's nerfect right? Try to look past a person's flaws and try to see that pure, good-hearted soul that lies in EVERYONE. However, I agree with you: SOME people are just plain assholes. Meeting people is easy, but meeting the "decent" ones is another story.
Since your in school still, why not try and make friends with a different group of kids? You will definitely make some new friends if you really want to. 

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1930216 - 09/18/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm kind of in the same boat, lots of my friends just moved out of town, and a few more will be leaving soon. I'm not starting school until next september, and I need to find a way to meet some new friends. I'm just not really sure where to look.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineGOLDEN9locks
day tripper
Re: lonely [Re: Phluck]
    #1930440 - 09/18/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

go to concerts!!! i found out after highschool that a lot of my friends were very egocentric, and self-absorbed.....began hanging out with a lot more heads, traveling a lot, and seeing more music than i had in highschool...and seriously now...4 years later...i have friends all over the country..all over the WORLD!! and im happier than i ever knew i could be....
what kind of music are you into mama?? remember to be happy with yourself...and you'll attract wonderful people to you!! peace!..bear

--------------------
...Time is a stripper and she's doin' it just for you....

OfflineLaxy

Re: lonely [Re: GOLDEN9locks]
    #1937776 - 09/21/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

[edit: this is not appropriate. flaming will not be tollerated in this forum at any level.]

Edited by concretefeet (09/27/03 12:23 AM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: lonely [Re: Laxy]
    #1938098 - 09/21/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just because you're suffering from some self esteem issues doesn't give you the right to be an asshole.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta Flag
    #1939481 - 09/22/03 12:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------

Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
Re: lonely *DELETED* [Re: Laxy]
    #1940296 - 09/22/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Invisibleflatline
psycho + logical

#1940374 - 09/22/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i'm always by myself, always have been really. people in this world just don't seem to have the same mind-set as me. well, i mean, people i've met before because there's obviously people out there somewhere. i dunno. it gets boring and depressive a lot of the times, but it's drama free so that's what i like

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: lonely [Re: flatline]
    #1944005 - 09/23/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Most of my friends, my really good friends, live a good distance away from me. I have friends in Florida, California, Texas, and Germany. These are people that I am very close to and we all became close together. Now our group is spit up all over the world with little chance of ever being reunited. We all communicate through e-mails and the occassional phone call, but chances are we will never all be in the same room again. I have tried to find good people to surround myself with but they all seem to fall short of the close knit group I once had. Most of the people that I meet now all seem to have predjudices, agendas, or are simply against the things that I hold dear. All of these thing make for a very boring college life.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: lonely [Re: Strumpling]
    #1956024 - 09/26/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this is amazingly true...

after i realized this i stopped lying about who I was, and putting up an act for the sake of being able to relate to people. Unfortunately most people are far too wrapped up in the whole ego games thing, and cant really relate, so it just lead to me being reclusive. Im lucky, I have a bunch of freinds, I have had them for years, and we are all different, but all of them are intellegent and open minded, after that, all that matters is building trust.

Anonymous #1

#1956161 - 09/27/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this isnt really anything original, but i figured hearing about other peoples experiences with things im going through makes me feel better, so maybe it will help in some way.  last month i came here to college.  i dont really know anyone up here, there are acquaintances, but no one id consider a friend or someone i know.  i find my roommate weird as all hell and the majority of his interests are completely different from mine.  i can find some reason i shouldnt be friends with just about everyone i talk to, or rather anyone who talks to me as the case generally is.  its not like this is anything new though, when i moved in elementary school it took me quite some time to make friends then as well.  at this point i feel like this is just how i do things.  i take my time meeting people and making friends.  the upside to this is that the people im friends with are actually good friends and they hardly ever piss me off.  unfortunately, on the downside, it takes time for me to meet people and that can be kind of lonely.  after my experience last year with college (another post for another day :grin:) where i tried to force myself into making friends, i foudn that thats not the right thing to do.  when i did this i made "friends" quickly but they were pretty much just people to burn with.  having no real friends and just smokin buddies, i felt just as lonely as i had and i couldnt really figure out why.  to sum up my story, i ended up with a 0.0 and an average of about 18 hours of sleep a day, not a good place to be!  to finish the rest of this up, if you're the kind of person who takes their time meeting people, take that time.  if you're lonely just try to find things that interest you to occupy your time. for example, although ive kind of been forced into it because of last year, ive spent a lot of time studying and going to classes and to be honest, im getting a lot more out of it than i ever have before.  im tired and for some reason never stop typing when i am, so im sorry if this is long winded. ok im done :grin:  anyways, good luck!

edit: my 420th post!  :stash: :spliff: :bong:

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: lonely [Re: ]
    #1956180 - 09/27/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"
everyone i meet has something wrong with them--especially the ppl at my school. where do i meet decent ppl?
"

"
i can find some reason i shouldnt be friends with just about everyone i talk to
"

Okay from those two quotes, I think you have some sort of megomism going on you really need to cut back on.

"
i take my time meeting people and making friends
"

Don't be so sure, if you think everyone is inferior right away you obviously haven't taken time to know them.

I don't want to sound too critical. You sound like how I've been at times, and how some of my loner friends have been. But get over yourself.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: lonely [Re: djfrog]
    #1956216 - 09/27/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well stated djfrog. i don't think you came off negatively critical at all.

we all expect people to live upto our expectations sometimes and they can't. that doesn'tmean they are not good enough, just different. if you get to know wsome of the different people you may come to find those differences not to be all tha important.

a friend rescently told me i was one of the odd people who comes allong and makes them feel better. so i'm thinking maybe us odd people show some promise :smile:.

there are many good people all aroud you if you let yourself get to know them.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous #1

Re: lonely [Re: djfrog]
    #1956307 - 09/27/03 01:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

it seems i left out a key detail, i'll try to do a better job of explaining my situation :grin: first of all, my roommate annoys the crap out of me.  i just dont understand whats running through his head most of the time.  he tells me stuff like "im getting good at doing cartwheels" and i cant tell if hes joking or if hes serious and just dont know how to respond.  so thats frustrating me and im just in kind of a shitty mood in general, so i think i shed a negative light on these aspects of my life in the previous post and i think because of that i was misinterpreted.  most of the people ive met so far are friends of my roommates and they all seem pretty similar to him.  i know its not fair of me to judge them based on that, but after hearing some of the things they talk about they just dont seem like people id want to hang out with.  also, ive made a few acquaintances here as i mentioned in my post.  while at this point i dont really consider these people friends, theyre people i talk to, though not about anything important, and hang out with.  so i dont think id be considered a loner, i really do just take my time making friends.  thanks for the advice though, i really do appreciate it, and if you still have any im open to it.

Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
Re: lonely *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #1956901 - 09/27/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Anonymous #1

#1957112 - 09/27/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by user's request.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: lonely *DELETED* [Re: ]
    #1957122 - 09/27/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by concretefeet

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Anonymous #1

Re: lonely [Re: downforpot]
    #1957130 - 09/27/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by user's request.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale