Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestudent
Stranger

indoor azurescens
    #1954996 - 09/26/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

has anyone used the wood based mycobags before to grow Psilocybe Azurescens indoors?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: indoor azurescens [Re: student]
    #1955448 - 09/26/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

very few have ever cultivated azures inside....your best to stick with cubes especially if your new....or try an outdoor bed at the right time and if you have the right climate for azures

Offlinestudent
Stranger

Re: indoor azurescens [Re: ]
    #1955898 - 09/26/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

would a mini fridge work to maintain a good indoor tempurature if I used mycobags for azures?

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
    #1955948 - 09/26/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ive often thought about a mini fridge for a controlled enviorment
hell, ive seen people do it with their casings, albeit a big fridge instead

i cant really answer your question though

i do know that a fridge with a proper magnetic seal would create a pretty stable enviorment. though you'd run into air exchange problems.
definately controlled, definately stagnant.
on the other hand, simply opening the thing would be sufficient fanning.
air suction outwards and all...

shrugs
good luck in any case

-jb

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: indoor azurescens [Re: dysphoria]
    #1956224 - 09/27/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think its ONLY tempature tho....if all you needed was a fridge there would be many more growing azures successful indoors

Offlinestudent
Stranger

#1956742 - 09/27/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't need huge sucess, I would just like to try those tricky little buggers. I would much rather do it right and go outside, but its a long walk/swim to find them outside, and almost as far to be able to cultivate outside. It seems like there is very little information about Azurescens, so I had to bring it to the people to figure out what might work inside. I find it hard to beleive that all the spores out there were collected in the wild. Something must work.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #1956760 - 09/27/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I don't need huge sucess, I would just like to try those tricky little buggers. I would much rather do it right and go outside, but its a long walk/swim to find them outside, and almost as far to be able to cultivate outside. It seems like there is very little information about Azurescens, so I had to bring it to the people to figure out what might work inside. I find it hard to beleive that all the spores out there were collected in the wild. Something must work.

How do you know what and what doesn't work unless you've given it a shot? As for a refrigerator, you'd need to adjust the temp as per the same in brewing larger. But unlike larger, you'd have to have air flow. Why not do it outside when in season?

As for no info on it, Anno is running an outdoor grow log as you speak. 4th year he's been at it.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #1956781 - 09/27/03 08:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I thinking about getting a 2nd hand bar fridge (they have a nice glass front) and converting it into a indoor azures terrarium.
It would involve replacing the thermostat with something more accurate, cutting trought the casing to install air exhange and humidity. Installing LEDs for light.

The thing is I might just buy the fridge and fill it will beer :smile:

Offlinestudent
Stranger

Re: indoor azurescens [Re: psilomonkey]
    #1956875 - 09/27/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking one could just take beer out of a mini fridge and rely on some OCD for light and air exchange. And change the tempurature as mother nature would in a good location

Anonymous

#1977560 - 10/03/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

wouldnt it be possible to breed for warm loving azures? over the course of a few generations of flushes, raise the temperature in the mini fridge and clone those that flurish. You can breed for any characteristic right? someone should go through the trouble to breed azures to love room temperature, and hook the shroom community up with spore prints.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #1977585 - 10/03/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

why not cold weather and dry cubies. i see your point but how. make one azure magically fruit in a degree warmer then usual. it would take prob 100 years to even get close. but u would moslty likely soem out with some sort or weird mush or somthn i dunno. try though that woudl be sweet necture

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: indoor azurescens [Re: the man]
    #1978195 - 10/04/03 01:27 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

AZURES
are pretty much an outdoor strain until someone comes up w/ a magical recipe. some are grown indoors but not many. if some ones got a good tek ( indoor ) definitely send me a pm.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1978439 - 10/04/03 03:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

it's not the temps, it's something to do with another bug (fungus, bacteria, protozoan, virus, i dunno what) needed to help it fruit, a bug that likes to live outdoors as it's claustrophobic and allergic to humans.

so try and let us all know. you'll be a hero if it works out repeatably. get your temps / humididy etc all perfect, then try some of the great outdoors - a handful of garden earth, taped birdsong, a photo of the moon.... something! if we knew it'd be standard practice and in the faq. good luck  :tongue:   

--------------------
buh

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract