Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Suicide Vs. Jail Time
    #19554216 - 02/11/14 07:52 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Let's say you were facing an unknown amount of jail time for non-violent drug charges. (could be anywhere between 1-20 years)

would you rather go to jail for something you don't believe was wrong or commit suicide?

I hate the fact that my family and friends care about me- if they didn't  I would've already pulled the trigger and I wouldn't have to be facing an unknown amount of time in a cell.

how long is long enough that you would leave the country or pull the trigger.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #19554240 - 02/11/14 07:57 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I would shave my head and run if it was 20 years for sure.
If you get a good lawyer they should be able to strike a plea deal for way less than the max sentence.
5 years I would just serve it. Shit I feel bad for you. What'd you get fucked over for?

OfflineChuckfinely
another round for me an my buddy

#19554246 - 02/11/14 07:58 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Leave the country? 6 or more years

Pull the trigger? Would always try to flee first. You an always save the last bullet for yourself :shrug:

Depending on your age you would probably still be alive (barring a shanking :lol:) after a 20 year. I suppose alive and 50 is better than dead and 30, depending on family/job/place to stay situation.

Facing jail time really makes you wanna :imafirinmahlazer: at everyone doesnt it?

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Chuckfinely]
    #19554308 - 02/11/14 08:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

20 years is a long fucking time. I'd flee for sure.

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.

Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: i like cow poo]
    #19554330 - 02/11/14 08:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I would never kill myself because of external forces. If you run you would never be able to come back, statue of limitations stops running when you run. And if it was over a year sentence you would be going to prison not jail. I would serve my sentence and try to find positives in the negatives.

Anonymous #2

#19554347 - 02/11/14 08:26 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

This is hypothetical of course and I don't recomend breaking laws.

I've often wondered why some people who commit suicide don't also do a murder suicide instead. Take care of some rats. An exterminator who exterminates themselves does a poor job. If someone betrayed you and you kill yourself then they escape any punishment for their treachory. If you whack them or shoot them in the spine so they would spend the rest of their life in a a chair they will spend the rest of their miserable life not walking, pooping in a bag, and knowing they ratted on the wrong guy.

What would I do you ask... Whatever seemed appropriate for the situation. Whatever I thought was in the order of things. Its hard to entertain these hypotheticals as the world of material is vexing enough.

Edited by Anonymous (02/11/14 08:44 PM)

Offlinespore baby
Male

#19554371 - 02/11/14 08:32 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Do this when they come:

Edited by spore baby (02/11/14 08:34 PM)

Anonymous #1

Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: i like cow poo]
    #19554608 - 02/11/14 09:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i like cow poo said: What'd you get fucked over for?

possession and distribution of psilocybin and LSD

I FUCKING hate what is happening to my life right now.  I can't believe i'm going to be put in a government cage for this, I know I'm preaching to the choir but I was doing this for all the right reasons.

I refuse to go to jail for something I dont think is wrong, but I can't leave the country :sad:  I can't leave my family.

shroomery i dont know what to do

OfflinePeteza34
Myco-enthusiast
Male

Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #19554693 - 02/11/14 09:42 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Well if you care so much about your family then suicide shouldn't be an option at all.  That is the one that would hurt your family the most.

--------------------

OfflineDavieDanklin
Non-russian

Loc: CT Flag
Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Peteza34]
    #19554717 - 02/11/14 09:50 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I am not sure. I think if I would get raped to death in person 20 years it alot of time. I hope I never have to pick ether of them

--------------------
" Everything was safe and warm. It was very fluid and what you imagine the sun would be like. I cried for some reason"

Anonymous #1

Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Peteza34] * 1
    #19554737 - 02/11/14 09:55 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Peteza34 said:
Well if you care so much about your family then suicide shouldn't be an option at all.  That is the one that would hurt your family the most.

I would tell them I left the country but really I'd take a fatal overdose in a national forest somewhere I'd never be found

InvisibleMr. Bojangles
Breathe In
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty
    #19554903 - 02/11/14 10:44 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

While I don't know the exact details of your predicament, from what you've said so far I can tell you that I was in a similar position sometime ago.  Never kill yourself...that's just not an option.  Ever.  Especially when you care about your family and they care about you.  If your family didn't have to put up a house (or a similar large sum of money) to get you out on bond then running is even better than suicide.  Family can visit wherever you go.

My advice, get a good lawyer, shit works out.  It will take a very long time to work out, you'll go through some ups and downs and some days you'll feel like you're being crushed under the weight of it all while others will feel like normal.  However, I guarantee that whatever happens to you through the legal system will be much less harsh than whatever you're thinking is going to happen. 

Unless you're a minority and have priors...then I'd run for sure.

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#19554941 - 02/11/14 10:57 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck suicide dude. If I was facing 20 years for pot or shrooms I would fucking change my look, carry a gun on me at all times and be on the run and try to go to a country that won't deport me back to the USA.

Fuck that, 20 years in Prison for getting high? That is almost my entire lifespan as of current, no way I would spend all that time being locked up like I'm some kind of evil criminal.

I'd turn into the very thing they want to prevent. :facepalm:

OfflineChernobyl
Stranger
Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Uzziel]
    #19555373 - 02/12/14 12:36 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Run Forrest Run.

Anonymous #1

Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Uzziel]
    #19555378 - 02/12/14 12:37 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Uzziel said:

rest assured if they put me in prison for a long time all they're going to do is create a very angry very intelligent anarchist.

as it stands i was ready to be a bitch for the man my whole life, paying taxes and driving slowly.

InvisibleForest Sprite
fuck you
Female

Loc: asdf
    #19555678 - 02/12/14 02:36 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely run. Suicide is weak. And it's not what your family would want. Start looking into different locations in the world you wouldn't mind making a new life at.

Maybe move to Cambodia or somewhere tropical and beautiful and smoke buds and fish for a living? haha idk.

Good luck and you really really shouldn't end your life over this. It's very fucked up that there are powers in the world that would lock you up for victimless crimes... but don't let them have so much power over you that you chose to end your life early because of it. Either serve the sentence or gtfo of the country. I'd chose the latter

InvisibleFragment

Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #19555907 - 02/12/14 04:17 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
This is hypothetical of course and I don't recomend breaking laws.

I've often wondered why some people who commit suicide don't also do a murder suicide instead. Take care of some rats. An exterminator who exterminates themselves does a poor job. If someone betrayed you and you kill yourself then they escape any punishment for their treachory. If you whack them or shoot them in the spine so they would spend the rest of their life in a a chair they will spend the rest of their miserable life not walking, pooping in a bag, and knowing they ratted on the wrong guy.

What would I do you ask... Whatever seemed appropriate for the situation. Whatever I thought was in the order of things. Its hard to entertain these hypotheticals as the world of material is vexing enough.

+1000

This is very good advice for people who are about to jump I basiclly can get a human dog and even though I have a couple this is tons better first things first is to rob the bank or maybe take care of the woman I hate at the......

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #19556002 - 02/12/14 05:01 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

Uzziel said:

rest assured if they put me in prison for a long time all they're going to do is create a very angry very intelligent anarchist.

as it stands i was ready to be a bitch for the man my whole life, paying taxes and driving slowly.

Don't run, don't kill yourself.  Get a good lawyer, get a good sport coat and slacks and a tie.  Look like you are a good citizen.  If you are ready to be a bitch for the man, now is your most important time to start.  Don't cave in like you are doing now and think these toads are actually going to give you 20 years.  Fuck that, you want local time, 1 year in JAIL, and then probation.  If not, take the fucker to trial with a different lawyer. 

Delay, delay, delay.  Officially called a "continuance".  You need more time.  Get a private detective.  Build a case even if you don't have one.

Time to buckle down OP, start reading the laws, what's likely to really happen in terms of a plea.  OK maybe jail time is out, and they are going to nail you with prison.  3 years and 1/2 time off for good behavior and your out in 18 months.  But I would seriously use the jail only approach.  Tell them you are allergic to getting ass raped in so many words.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleFragment

Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #19556007 - 02/12/14 05:04 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ill pay off the judge or murder him before I become meek and mild. Consider it business.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Suicide Vs. Jail Time [Re: Fragment]
    #19556010 - 02/12/14 05:06 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fragment said:
Ill pay off the judge or murder him before I become meek and mild. Consider it business.

Sure you will.  BTW this guy is in real trouble, don't give him any more stupid ideas like that or pretend this is Philosophy channel.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag