Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMumbling_dumbass
Weed whacko
Male

Loc: Why would I tell you my l...
Poppy questions
    #19544954 - 02/09/14 06:04 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So last year I grew some opium poppies. They flowered premature ( grow lights ) and I got a small amount of pods. I wanna do it right this year, any tips? How to maximize yields? How much resin to expect per sq ft of plants?

Thanks shroomerites

--------------------
Is this real life?
________________________________________________________________________________
Everything mumbling_dumbass says is utter bullshit and may not be held against him. He does not use drugs or engage in any illegal activity, and is a completely brainwashed loyal slave to the government. Any infomation illegally obtained by the NSA is complete bullshit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrdbrewer
Mr
Male

Loc: Galafrey.
Re: Poppy questions [Re: Mumbling_dumbass]
    #19546417 - 02/10/14 01:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

yesterday i went out and spread about 100g of seeds in 3 different fields and 2 wooded areas with open patches i the middle, i just threw the seeds about as if nature did it for me. I would say dont use grow lights and just plant them out in the open if its still too cold where you are wait until the snow stops

happy growing dude

--------------------
Constantly checking my dick and nips to see if im not dying

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Re: Poppy questions [Re: Mrdbrewer]
    #19547216 - 02/10/14 09:58 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Opium Poppy (dial-ups warned)

I think that one is the best, most comprehensive one. But there is also:

Pictorial: How to grow Opium Poppies for Modern Growers, and Poppy Tea

--------------------

Edited by theMallacht (02/10/14 10:00 AM)

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Poppy questions [Re: theMallacht]
    #19549196 - 02/10/14 06:33 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

yeah the best thing to do is utilize the power of the sun and not waste space, time, hope and effort on indoor growing with lighting. they grow like weeds outdoors and typically bloom when they are appropriately triggered to do so. get your grow on... but poppies like strong, powerful and natural light. indoor gear simply wont cut it. get a space in your garden.... fortify the soil.... spread the seeds after the last frost.... be careful water while they are tiny seedlings... then thin as needed until flowering comes about (several thins are necessary throughout the grow).... then harvest before the crowns curl directly upward and the pods lose their ovoid, blueish gray coloring... wheter that be opium or pods. save a few heads for seed harvest.... then drain the seeds, once dry, and utilize those pods for tea as well.

grow on dude. its fun to get a few strains side by side too. the way pops cross pollinate is so cool and easy... that the next grow season with the harvested seed can always be a fun mystery to watch unfold. they cross with each almost effortlessly :thumbup:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

OfflineMumbling_dumbass
Weed whacko
Male

Loc: Why would I tell you my l...
Re: Poppy questions [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #19549227 - 02/10/14 06:40 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ok thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have a lot more opium this year

--------------------
Is this real life?
________________________________________________________________________________
Everything mumbling_dumbass says is utter bullshit and may not be held against him. He does not use drugs or engage in any illegal activity, and is a completely brainwashed loyal slave to the government. Any infomation illegally obtained by the NSA is complete bullshit.

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Poppy questions [Re: Mumbling_dumbass]
    #19549291 - 02/10/14 06:54 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:hug: your in for a treat my brother.... once those hookbuds open up and that brilliant color literally spills out its slit, fucking magic happens :hehehe:

much love dude
:sunny:

--------------------

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

Invisiblebootster
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppy questions [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #19550527 - 02/10/14 10:56 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm growing them for the first time this year and I'm exited. I use a salt (or pepper for celery) shaker to put the seeds in (carrot, radish, celery, cactus, etc) and then you don't have to thin as much. I don't have a field to broadcast seeds in. You could put a couple strains in and shake it up and then you'd be in for a treat. Just a thought. I know it works, I've been doing it for 30 some years.

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Re: Poppy questions [Re: bootster]
    #19550629 - 02/10/14 11:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bootster said:
I'm growing them for the first time this year and I'm exited. I use a salt (or pepper for celery) shaker to put the seeds in (carrot, radish, celery, cactus, etc) and then you don't have to thin as much. I don't have a field to broadcast seeds in. You could put a couple strains in and shake it up and then you'd be in for a treat. Just a thought. I know it works, I've been doing it for 30 some years.

This is actually a pretty damn good idea. Because no matter how well you try to broadcast sow them you always end up with little groups that are all super close together.

--------------------

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Poppy questions [Re: theMallacht]
    #19552300 - 02/11/14 01:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

yeah it kind of sucks to see damn near every seed sprout and only ending up with a handful of them actually making it. not a bad idea indeed. it seems like no matter how hard I try to spread em out, it never seems to help with insane thick spots:tongue:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom