Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: This new board sucks * 1
    #195510 - 02/06/98 03:25 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

Well, considering people aren't supposed to be incriminating themselves on this board anyway, this shouldn't be a problem.

You aren't required to put in working email addresses, or any TRUE personal info anyway! Put in a fake email address, and fake personal info if you want! Noone is gonna check it to see if the info is real or not. If anything, this board keeps you more secure than the other one. And it's a helluva lot easier for us to manage.

And what's so "user-unfriendly" about it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: This new board sucks
    #195512 - 02/06/98 09:02 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

OK i agree this brd. does suck BAD!!!
the 1 thing i really loved about the Shroomery was its msg.brd. and now this.
I dont get y the other brd. is so hard to maintain all you need to do is make a password that would deleate any msg. right?
PLEASE put back the other brd.!!!!!

Anonymous

#195513 - 02/07/98 02:03 AM (26 years, 1 month ago)

ID Authentication was NEEDED. If people can impersonate others then things will go to hell and a couple of dumbshits can ruin the integrity of the entire forum for everyone.
The new forum software is A **LOT** better than what we had before. There are some differences, none of which are substantiative. Get used to it. No one here is paying any money for this shit and this is a volunteer effort on everyone's part. Ska Maria deserves a lot better treatment than some of the morons on the board have given him lately. Either come up with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (you know, like IDEAS?) or shut the fuck up and go away.

Anonymous

#195514 - 02/07/98 02:25 AM (26 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know (but strongly suspect) that there are a lot of people out there who, once they have taken the new board layout for a spin around the block a few times will find, as I have, that the Ultimate Message Board is far and away superior to the old one in nearly every way.
As was mentioned, you don't have to put real "personal data" into your profile. It's just that- a profile. All this information (bogus or not) does is to give the webmasters a way to identify abuisive, racist, jerkoffs and take steps to prevent their spew from degrading the productive exchange of entheogenic information for which this site is renowned. One thing about the new board that irritates me, however. I can't view the post originator/title information on the left side of the window, and the post body at the same time. I have to either use the slide tool bars, or arrow keys, back and forth, back and forth...Or am I ignorant of a helpful Netscape feature?
I dig the new board, Aphex. Hope your mastering of this site continue for a long time! /Heiki

Anonymous

#195515 - 02/07/98 07:40 AM (26 years, 1 month ago)

This board really is far superior. Registering is easy and safe.
It's faster and you can view everyone's replies at once instead of having to click and click and click...

Anonymous

#195516 - 02/07/98 08:51 AM (26 years, 1 month ago)

i vote you return the old message board as well. respectfully.

Anonymous

#195517 - 02/07/98 09:31 AM (26 years, 1 month ago)

I really like this new board myself. Seems
like a good way to get rid of the morons
that have been plaguing us lately :) L8R
cybin

Anonymous

#195518 - 02/07/98 09:31 AM (26 years, 1 month ago)

I believe this board is far better as well. You can view all the replies as once and jump easily between boards. Just my opinion.

Anonymous

#195519 - 02/06/98 10:46 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

I like the new board its much better than the other. like everyone is saying the idear of reading all the posts at once is good. if it saves us time why not.

Anonymous

#195520 - 02/08/98 12:25 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with bondgrrl. this thing is cheesey as all getout. this place was cool, but i think i'll be occuppying myself with other things now that "improvement" has reared its ugly head.

Anonymous

#195521 - 02/08/98 03:13 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

Billy: I'm not gonna try to persuade you to stay. They changes were necessary. If you have that much of a problem with it, then perhaps you *should* go. Losing one member in exchange for a whole new, and easier message board is well worth it, IMO. This board *will* improve, we're just learning how to tweak it now. Give us a break, will ya?

Anonymous

#195522 - 02/09/98 10:53 AM (26 years, 1 month ago)

hey ska, that was just my pneumonia, nicotine withdrawals, and natural hatred of change speaking. please pay my whining ass no mind. thank you. =)

Anonymous

#195523 - 02/08/98 10:47 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

It's okay. :)

Anonymous

#195524 - 02/09/98 07:12 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

to osiris: Perhapy YOU should go away if you're gonna treat people that way. Ever heard of democracy, buddy? You know, where everyone gets to voice their opinons, whether people like them or not?!?!? BTW, my post WAS contstructive criticism.

Anonymous

#195525 - 02/10/98 12:10 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

bondgrrl: OK, maybe I was a bit harsh. I apologize. Maybe I shouldn't post at the end of a long day when I'm tired and crabby....

Anonymous

#195526 - 02/10/98 01:53 PM (26 years, 1 month ago)

Accepted. Now I'd like to move on to other topics.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom