Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinexbloodwhipx

I feel like time is passing me by
    #19545936 - 02/09/14 10:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Days after days pass faster and faster. They just keep passing, and passing and passing. I feel like imma be dead or at the end of my life every soon. Imma look back and feel like i never did anything in life. Idk, im about to just say fuck everything and quit my job and go travel the world, party skydive climb mountains what the fuck ever i want to do. Im going to get drunk at 10 in the morning and get hooked on heroin. What the fuck does it matter anyway?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: xbloodwhipx] * 7
    #19545942 - 02/09/14 10:25 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Every moment that passes by becomes a smaller percentage of the life you've lived as a whole, and that's the reason why time passes by more quickly with age.

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: Sheekle]
    #19545961 - 02/09/14 10:31 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck, I feel the same way but what are you gonna do? Keep trying to live a good life I guess man. I think of it as well trying however shitty I do it is at least better than going off the deep end, so keep going brother... Something good's out there.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: showme]
    #19545985 - 02/09/14 10:37 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I relate to this post. A few weeks ago, I was with my Father and we watched home movies from way back in the day. I haven't seen this stuff in a very long time, since before I even started using any drugs. It was very intense to say the least. Haven't felt so much emotion in a long time, seeing myself as an innocent child and what I've become now.

It got pretty depressing, I got home and it took me awhile to process what I saw. How long ago that was, how much simpler life was at that age, and all the things I took for granted, shit, all the time I wasted rather than trying to accomplish my dreams. All we can do is try to move on, try to roll with it, we live and then we die. I don't see death as such a bad thing, I almost embrace it at this point.

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: showme]
    #19545990 - 02/09/14 10:38 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Im going to sleep. Then imma wake up tomorrow and life another repeat of today. :suicide: goodnite

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #19545999 - 02/09/14 10:39 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:
Im going to sleep. Then imma wake up tomorrow and life another repeat of today. :suicide: goodnite

Shit man, why can't I find people like this? You have no clue how much I relate. Don't worry man, you aren't alone, trust me on that.  :hugitout:

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #19546045 - 02/09/14 10:54 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I for one welcome my old age where i wont be expected to do things and will get prescribed whatever i want.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: Apostle]
    #19546058 - 02/09/14 10:58 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I think I'll accept it when it comes. I do think that there are moments where it just hits home, how much time has passed.

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #19546079 - 02/09/14 11:07 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

leggo, ill go with!

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

OfflineThe5thElement
Smile Friends :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: xbloodwhipx] * 2
    #19546129 - 02/09/14 11:34 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:
Days after days pass faster and faster. They just keep passing, and passing and passing. I feel like imma be dead or at the end of my life every soon. Imma look back and feel like i never did anything in life. Idk, im about to just say fuck everything and quit my job and go travel the world, party skydive climb mountains what the fuck ever i want to do. Im going to get drunk at 10 in the morning and get hooked on heroin. What the fuck does it matter anyway?

Fuck this noise, if you guys have shit lifes do something about it. I've felt like shit, apathetic, all that stuff and yeah; I too relate to this post but at the same time I see it for what it is... Total bullshit. You all have the power to change, DO IT!
Tough love, but someone has to say it. Be the change, you individually know what you need to change so quit holding yourselfs back and change what needs to be changed.

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: tripp23] * 1
    #19546131 - 02/09/14 11:35 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I feel this too. Sometimes I feel like learning something is just taking up a fraction of your very limited time span on this Earth and it doesn't matter what you do. I think the two most important things to do with our time is to Play and to Love though. I think that is a life worth living. I'm not sure how important learning is, I really can't decide on that one. I've been thinking a lot about it for a long time now.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: bryguy27007] * 1
    #19546142 - 02/09/14 11:38 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:
I feel this too. Sometimes I feel like learning something is just taking up a fraction of your very limited time span on this Earth and it doesn't matter what you do. I think the two most important things to do with our time is to Play and to Love though. I think that is a life worth living. I'm not sure how important learning is, I really can't decide on that one. I've been thinking a lot about it for a long time now.

Damn dude, good words. Good words. :thumbup:

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: bryguy27007]
    #19547364 - 02/10/14 11:01 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:

Learning is crucial to becoming a better individual. Now notice I did not say "education":rofl:

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: i like cow poo]
    #19547397 - 02/10/14 11:10 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah it's passing too fast... Don't really mind though, old age seems nice.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: Sheekle]
    #19547635 - 02/10/14 12:27 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
Every moment that passes by becomes a smaller percentage of the life you've lived as a whole, and that's the reason why time passes by more quickly with age.

this has never made intuitive sense to me. it seems to imply that mathematical ratios somehow have an impact on one's perception of time. nevertheless, my perception of time is changing.

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: morrowasted]
    #19547819 - 02/10/14 01:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like you need a change of pace like I do. I've been here in the PNW for 10 years, and in April I'm up and moving to Cali to jump-start my life, and just get away from the negative associations I've developed here.

But my life has come to like a stand still here, with time flying by somehow. It's awful, I'm depressed as fuck.

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

#19547825 - 02/10/14 01:19 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

Sheekle said:

this has never made intuitive sense to me. it seems to imply that mathematical ratios somehow have an impact on one's perception of time. nevertheless, my perception of time is changing.

How wouldnt they? At 1 year old, 1 year is the entirety of your life. So getting to year 2 is the longest thing you've ever done so far.

At age 60, a year is just 1/60th of your life, and you perceive it that way

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: I feel like time is passing me by [Re: Azure Essence]
    #19547972 - 02/10/14 01:52 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Uh, it still doesn't make sense to me intuitively.

Every single sip of my coffee feels the same. The fact that the next sip of my coffee, even though it is the same size as the last sip, now accounts for 1/5 of the entire cup of coffee rather than 1/6 of the entire cup does not mean that the second sip seems to be larger than the first. The fact that you can describe a set of things in terms of relative proportions does not, to me, signify that the qualitative aspect of any one of those things ought to differ when considered individually depending upon where it lies in the set, unless each of the set elements is fundamentally different from the others in such a way that measuring such a proportion is actually meaningless.

Offlinedontknow
It's all in the reflex

#19547988 - 02/10/14 01:54 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

and you run and you run to catch up to the sun but it's sinking...

i know how you feel OP. If i had the money to drop everything and travel the world I definitely would

--------------------
:box:

The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly. -Proverbs 15:14

:tripping2: :shroomer:  :trippinballs: :shroomin:

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of Life’s coming attractions.”
Albert Einstein

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

#19548079 - 02/10/14 02:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Uh, it still doesn't make sense to me intuitively.

Every single sip of my coffee feels the same. The fact that the next sip of my coffee, even though it is the same size as the last sip, now accounts for 1/5 of the entire cup of coffee rather than 1/6 of the entire cup does not mean that the second sip seems to be larger than the first. The fact that you can describe a set of things in terms of relative proportions does not, to me, signify that the qualitative aspect of any one of those things ought to differ when considered individually depending upon where it lies in the set, unless each of the set elements is fundamentally different from the others in such a way that measuring such a proportion is actually meaningless.

What you described isnt the same, and it seems like you're just arguing for your limitation of being able to have that perspective, and thats totally your choice.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains