Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: volcomstoner]
    #19537806 - 02/08/14 01:02 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Dreads are gross
how the hell do you find a job with that shit on your head?

you do. cause you're fucking awesome. yyyeaah

hahaha

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevolcomstoner
I'll have just one more xanax
Male User Gallery

Loc: Minnesnowta
Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: showme]
    #19537852 - 02/08/14 01:20 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

the fuck did you just call me?

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

InvisibleEndure
The Anal Demon
Male User Gallery

Loc: New York
    #19537853 - 02/08/14 01:20 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Well a career job might me hard. But some measley 10 dollar an hour job probably wouldn't care if your cool.

Maybe get a job at a head shop if worst comes to worst.

--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: Endure] * 1
    #19537948 - 02/08/14 02:20 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Endure said:
Well a career job might me hard. But some measley 10 dollar an hour job probably wouldn't care if your cool.

ohhhh, you mean, like a suit and tie career? so I can muck around with meaningless profit highs and lows? or something that only a fancy, ridiculous degree could get me into? so I can live the good life with my new marble firepit and overpriced speakers?

--------------------

Invisiblevolcomstoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: showme] * 3
    #19537977 - 02/08/14 02:38 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

showme said:
Quote:

Endure said:

ohhhh, you mean, like a suit and tie career? so I can muck around with meaningless profit highs and lows? or something that only a fancy, ridiculous degree could get me into? so I can live the good life with my new marble firepit and overpriced speakers?

the fuck?
Are you really trying to justify being an uneducated loser?

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#19538020 - 02/08/14 03:13 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Quote:

showme said:
Quote:

Endure said:

the fuck?

oh, sorry, yeah you're right, the only way to be educated is through a system that pretends to have all the answers to feed a society that by first glance is obviously fucking paradise. i mean definitely nothing to question there.

i forgot how lost i would be without the system, thanks for the reminder.

--------------------

Invisiblevolcomstoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: showme] * 2
    #19538025 - 02/08/14 03:17 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

This is the exact reason why I hate you stupid fucking smug hippies. Enjoy your shitty life grasping onto that dream of an unrealistic society

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: livelovelaugh]
    #19538217 - 02/08/14 06:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

livelovelaugh said:

however im finding that my hair is really dry and the back of my head is matting up into a big clump of a rats nest...

Dreadlocks are a black people thing. Their kinky hair has the right consistency to grip together to form dreads without bad hygiene. (of course some DO have bad hygiene but its not required for the hairstyle to form) People with non kinky (african style curly) hair do not grow "natural dreadlocks", their hair is just too straight and will only lock up by being excessively filthy.

If you insist on having an African style hair go get some epic cornrows done, thats very tidy and will prevent insects laying their eggs on you like you get with white folks dreads.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: Asante]
    #19538274 - 02/08/14 06:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

livelovelaugh said:

however im finding that my hair is really dry and the back of my head is matting up into a big clump of a rats nest...

Dreadlocks are a black people thing. Their kinky hair has the right consistency to grip together to form dreads without bad hygiene. (of course some DO have bad hygiene but its not required for the hairstyle to form) People with non kinky (african style curly) hair do not grow "natural dreadlocks", their hair is just too straight and will only lock up by being excessively filthy.

If you insist on having an African style hair go get some epic cornrows done, thats very tidy and will prevent insects laying their eggs on you like you get with white folks dreads.

Black people are not the only people with curly hair, and dreadlocks have never been exclusive to black people culturally. My background is Irish and my hair goes into helical curls when it dries. If I leave it alone for long enough those will lock up on their own, retaining the same tidy corkscrew shape. There may well be some hair types that don't lock up on their own, but it's ridiculous to say that only black people's hair will do this.

Offlinesanchothestoner
Satan's Grandson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Bucketheadland
Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: psi]
    #19538488 - 02/08/14 08:05 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Just rip then apart.  I did my dreads naturally and all i ghad to do was separate them occasionally.  Took me about 6 months to have a full head of dreads, but my hair was curly as fuck.

--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
    #19538691 - 02/08/14 09:08 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Dreads are gross

I work for both a college and the city I live in doing horticulture research in a greenhouse lab setting. Ive had dreads for 8 years. You may be surprised to learn this but the rest of the world is not as close minded as you, %99 of the workforce will look at your credentials and not your hair. Also %99 of the world understands that dreads are clean and are just another hair style. Asking how anyone finds a job with dreads is exactly like asking how anyone finds a job with a bald head or crew cut, both of which I think look pretty dam gross.

--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#19539155 - 02/08/14 10:57 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
This is the exact reason why I hate you stupid fucking smug hippies. Enjoy your shitty life grasping onto that dream of an unrealistic society

yeah I am sort of an idealist, and it's the only way I could be happy. people are different though and I wasn't trying to tell you what "the only way to live life" is. sorry if I came off that way.

--------------------

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #19539763 - 02/08/14 01:29 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

/

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 06:56 PM)

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
    #19539826 - 02/08/14 01:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

livelovelaugh said:

That's not true at all.

White people have had dreads before we knew blacks even existed...

Germans and Egyptians. Plenty of others.

All hair dreads, particularly clean hair that has no residue from left over soap oils. That's why most people's hair won't dread nowadays, the chemicals residue in shampoo. That's why dread heads tend to use natural soap/shampoo such as Dr Bs or baking soda.

Curly hair does dread faster though.

I had dreads for three years, loved them but they made life harder in modern society.

Oh and mine were natural.

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

OfflineSalviaGod
Bad Person, Good Guy
Male

Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: GreySatyr]
    #19539916 - 02/08/14 02:12 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

ok, no idea what all this dread hate is for, but heres what you are gonna wanna do.

first throw away your shampoo. you want to wash your hair, but not with that stuff, because it leaves residues in your hair that will keep your hair from dreading.

what you wanna do is wash you hair with baking soda, this will remove all dirt and oils, and will actually clean your hair better than any shampoo you have ever owned.
after you do that, your hair will have a very high PH and its bad for your skin to leave it like that, so what you do next is rinse your hair with diluted apple cider vinegar. that will reset your ph to normal levels without leaving any oils behind.

now apple cider vinegar smells kinda funk, so after you rinse with it, make sure to rinse your hair out real good with lots of water to remove the smell.

once you get out of the shower separate the parts that are matted together in a weird way. its alright to pull the huge chunks of hair apart so you dont end up with one big dread. once you have it all separated like you want it, let it air dry.

if you keep washing your hair like this every other day (or less if you dont feel like washing it so much) you will have dreads in no time.

the key to this is you are removing all chemical residues and excess body oils from your hair, which is what keeps it slick and prevents it from knotting up. once the residues and oils are gone. it should dread within a matter of weeks,  no problem.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: SalviaGod]
    #19539936 - 02/08/14 02:18 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Dreads = shit logs for hair + it shows everybody you're a stoner, no more credibility for you

--------------------

OfflineMisterSandman
Neo Nazi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Meth
    #19540097 - 02/08/14 03:02 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Quote:

showme said:
Quote:

Endure said:

the fuck?

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleEndure
The Anal Demon
Male User Gallery

#19540167 - 02/08/14 03:17 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

livelovelaugh said:

Did white retards not have dreads before the intelligent black man?

I swear I looked this up before.

I can't wait for my dreads and I'm white Btw I don't smoke weed. Doesn't mean I don't love the beach. The beach is wonderful without hallucinations.

gawl my hair needs to grow quicker. This is bulshit

--------------------
Im only aloud to post once an hour. Because 'Sell Your Soul' doesn't like me. so if I am responding to you, that means you are above of the utmost importance

Invisiblevolcomstoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Natural Dreadlocks [Re: Zombi3]
    #19540358 - 02/08/14 04:09 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

showme said:
Quote:

volcomstoner said:

yeah I am sort of an idealist, and it's the only way I could be happy. people are different though and I wasn't trying to tell you what "the only way to live life" is. sorry if I came off that way.

ahh I understand, I guess I came off a little hostile as well

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Dreads are gross

I work for both a college and the city I live in doing horticulture research in a greenhouse lab setting. Ive had dreads for 8 years. You may be surprised to learn this but the rest of the world is not as close minded as you, %99 of the workforce will look at your credentials and not your hair. Also %99 of the world understands that dreads are clean and are just another hair style. Asking how anyone finds a job with dreads is exactly like asking how anyone finds a job with a bald head or crew cut, both of which I think look pretty dam gross.

I'm not being close minded man, I'm being realistic, most employers have strict rules when it comes to hair, facial hair, and piercings. And I would disagree with you that most people don't just consider it another hairstyle. Most people I know think dreads are dirty, and heavily associated with drug use.

I don't care what kind of hairstyle you have man, but the career I'm going for, dreads would definitely not be an acceptable hairstyle. Most employers are going to look down on that because it's an unprofessional haircut. I sure as fuck wouldn't go to court rocking dreads past my shoulders, so I'm not going to do the same thing at a job interview.

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

InvisibleEndure
The Anal Demon
Male User Gallery

#19540444 - 02/08/14 04:23 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Volcomstoner said:

I'm not being close minded man, I'm being realistic, most employers have strict rules when it comes to hair, facial hair, and piercings. And I would disagree with you that most people don't just consider it another hairstyle. Most people I know think dreads are dirty, and heavily associated with drug use.
I don't care what kind of hairstyle you have man, but the career I'm going for, dreads would definitely not be an acceptable hairstyle. Most employers are going to look down on that because it's an unprofessional haircut. I sure as fuck wouldn't go to court rocking dreads past my shoulders, so I'm not going to do the same thing at a job interview.

If Einstein had dreads this would be a different world.

usually if someone is a big pothead you'll know through speech, eyes. a lot or good jobs require a drug test or random drug screens, and credentials and hair have nothing to do with each other...  unless you hate your short hair and become depressed you cannot have long dreaded hair, then maybe credentials can be effected

Unfortunately you are right about most people thinking dreads are disgusting, even when you explain to them it can be quite clean and even with regular hair your not suppose to shampoo it every day they are either enthusiasts for being ignorant  or enjoy their world full of hallucinations that they feel comfortable in.

Truth is most people love dreads, they just don't want to admit it because they don't have the cajohnes to grow them. You'll never know how you look with dreads until you try it out

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds