Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMagician26
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Where wild mushroms grow,...
I know they're PINK, but I was expecting BLUE...
    #1953160 - 09/26/03 12:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Once upon a time, there was this wizard. And this is his diary.....

I just got home today, very eagar to pick my first flush of PInk Buffalo from my casing, and i was happy to see a little sea of dime to quarter sized caps open and ready to be collected. As i was picking the little mushies i noticed that they were smaller than the other strains i've worked with before, almost miniature in appearance, but remembering a previous post, i understood that this was sometimes normal for this strain, so a picking I continued.

After i completed the harvest, i looked over at the pile of tangled caps and stems and i noticed something seemed off. dispite the handling of the 'shrooms during the picking and adjusting for space, there was very little bruising, if any at all, on the fruits. not a single hue of blue on this canvas of creams and browns.

It's my understanding that blueing is an effect of the psyilocybin reacting with the oxygen. so, does that mean my latest success is only a partial triumph? Did i succeed in cultivating the fruits of my hard work, only to be rewarded with fungi void of the true prize, psilocybin?

the answer is out there somewhere...i hope.

--------------------
The above is just an illusion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEspresso
The Gods must becrazy...
Re: I know they're PINK, but I was expecting BLUE... [Re: Magician26]
    #1953228 - 09/26/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Look like cubes to me...don't worry about the blueing, just eat some and then report back to us

OfflineMagician26
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: I know they're PINK, but I was expecting BLUE... [Re: Espresso]
    #1953285 - 09/26/03 02:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Once upon a time there was a wizard, and this is his diary....

I have nothing but gratitude for your opinion, and i mean no disrespect to you in any way , but when it comes to mushrooms, i'm not gonna enjoy till i know why they aren't following the normal characteristics of it's species or someone offers accounts of safe outcomes to similar or the same situation. too many unseen forces in our world could effect the growth of mushrooms and i am by no means a professional mycologist with the resources to work in a 100% contaminant-free area. you can call me un-adventurious, chicken-shit, even a pussy (okay, to clarify, only if you were gonna call me something along those lines...so, no "hey magician...errr i mean pussy), but i've been through a lot of crazy things in life and for the most part i've never had to face very many negative consequences of my actions, because i'm not gonna jump in any situation and hope for the best. i'm gonna make sure i know all i can and do it with the lowest amount of risk to me as possible. i figure that's why most people read the board, to gain what they can to do it right, to do it safe. but thank you for your words and good luck to your grows, be safe.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: I know they're PINK, but I was expecting BLUE... [Re: Magician26]
    #1953343 - 09/26/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

squeeze and handle one shroom a lot, like smash the shit man, see if it bruises then

OfflineMagician26
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: I know they're PINK, but I was expecting BLUE... [Re: ]
    #1953364 - 09/26/03 02:52 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Once upon a time there was a wizard, and this is his diary....

i did, i grabbed a few of the smaller ones and mashed. after 5 min there was no distinct bluing, there were areas of a darker contrast under the cap but they were limited to that specific area only. i think i'm actually gonna cut one open with a blade lenthwise and post the outcome. blue or no blue i still want to know if this can be explained and confirmed if safe.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds