Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMisterLD
New Grower
Massive Bulk Q
    #1953016 - 09/26/03 01:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

First, I would like to start this thread off by saying that in no way do I support the sale of illegal drugs, etc.....anyways....

Recently, I was approached by someone asking if I wanted to buy shrooms.  OF COURSE I said no way, and he mentioned how he was trying to get rid off 3 pounds that his friends grew in his apartment.  Now once again I do not condone cultivation for commercial purposes but...

How the hell does one consistently grow that much DRY weight and continually have that amount?  Would this grower be doing "Super Casings" or using a Tek that is not widely used because if the enormous amount of shrooms produced (yeah right)?  The largest yields I normally see here are between 2-3 ounces per casing (usually using more then 4 cakes per).  For a grower to go through this method they would have to be steralizing (and innoculating) a ridiculous amount of cakes per day and spending the majority of their time attending their shroomies.  So, the question is, how is this possible?  Keep in mind that I would never consider growing "commercially" but it would still be nice to know!

P.S. Any member that would like to take on "growing a pound of shrooms" growlog would create a very interesting thread and they themselves would be supplied for A WHILE!  Don't eat em all yourself!

Any takers?  :wink: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: Massive Bulk Q [Re: MisterLD]
    #1953059 - 09/26/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MisterLD said:
How the hell does one consistently grow that much DRY weight and continually have that amount?  Would this grower be doing "Super Casings" or using a Tek that is not widely used because if the enormous amount of shrooms produced (yeah right)?  The largest yields I normally see here are between 2-3 ounces per casing (usually using more then 4 cakes per).  For a grower to go through this method they would have to be steralizing (and innoculating) a ridiculous amount of cakes per day and spending the majority of their time attending their shroomies.  So, the question is, how is this possible?  Keep in mind that I would never consider growing "commercially" but it would still be nice to know!

obviously PF cakes cant produce that much.  straw and compost/cow manure could, though not three pounds per.  it would take several bulk grows to produce this amount of dry weight.

Quote:

MisterLD said: P.S. Any member that would like to take on "growing a pound of shrooms" growlog would create a very interesting thread and they themselves would be supplied for A WHILE!  Don't eat em all yourself!

Any takers?  :wink: 

actually there is something like this, saw it not too long ago. do a search... 

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Massive Bulk Q [Re: acidhead1279]
    #1953996 - 09/26/03 12:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

its not hard if you got the time + space + basic supplies! I would think space is the main issue, and concealment.

I hope that story was to cover your ass from asking this kinda question, if so, good for you, otherwise, someone needs to keep thier mouth shut. Asking random people if they wanna buy 3 lbs of shrooms is bad!

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineMisterLD
New Grower
Re: Massive Bulk Q [Re: tak]
    #1954753 - 09/26/03 04:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I actually didnt make up this story. Large drug sales are very common in my area, and since I am interested in growing shrooms for my own personal use and after looking at the grow-logs I usually see small yields compared to this. I definitely agree that it is dumb to tell people this kind of info, but my friend who was told about it wasn't a "random person". He knew the other guy, but anyways, thats not really whats important here....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation