Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific NorthWest
Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery
    #19507062 - 02/01/14 04:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

People, including myself, have reported the theme of machinery when tripping on shrooms. Does anyone here report similar stuff? What do you think that is all about? Because on the one hand, shrooms lead to the path of illumination that supports the notion of everything being "mind stuff", and as a follower of Socrates, that is where I stand. However, ever since The Matrix and current outer limits quantum science theories, there is suggestion of the possibility that we are all simulations. If that were true, then the machinery we see might be echoes of that supposed reality.

Is there any general commonality in terms of the machinery experience, here in this forum? Or experiences that lead down the path to simulation?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemaddad
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: Galaxytripper] * 2
    #19507146 - 02/01/14 05:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I feel that it may be a general theme in the world we live in simply due to the technology overload. I have never experienced any machinery or mechanical objects while under the influence.

It seems that trips take on overall themes, or motifs according to the set, setting and internal settings. But everyone experiences different things.

--------------------
I live in an aura of hope because I live in a twilight world of my own self-generated, cannabinated fantasy, and I forget that not everyone is so fortunate. - Terence McKenna

OfflineSycoNautix
Male

Loc: NorCal
Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: Galaxytripper]
    #19507378 - 02/01/14 05:58 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The connotations from The Matrix and current outer limits quantum science theories are influencing the themes of your trips IMO. I don't think I've ever experienced machinery, but maybe because you are fascinated with "machinery," it is carrying over into your trips.

Simulation theories have always intrigued me however.

--------------------

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: SycoNautix]
    #19507465 - 02/01/14 06:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SycoNautix said:
The connotations from The Matrix and current outer limits quantum science theories are influencing the themes of your trips IMO.

I tend to believe myself that the movie itself was inspired from actual experiences within hyperspace!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: wolf8312]
    #19507500 - 02/01/14 06:28 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Quote:

SycoNautix said:
The connotations from The Matrix and current outer limits quantum science theories are influencing the themes of your trips IMO.

I tend to believe myself that the movie itself was inspired from actual experiences within hyperspace!

Hmm that's very true. Actually I watched it on acid and I thought it was a big metaphor inspired by it.

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

OfflineImFukNCLUELESS
I SPIT ON PEOPLE
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: wolf8312]
    #19507503 - 02/01/14 06:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

One of my first signs that im tripping is hearing cocks tick

--------------------
how to pass a drug test
FOO MAN'S WBS TEK
damions5050's coir tek
DONATE TO THE  "IM FUCKING BROKE FUND" 1PtqhURaxtCpGpeUBNqeZi7XnmKwWe8WWf

"my girl said it's OK to have a little penis
I prefer she didnt have a penis at all"-prisoner#1

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #19507653 - 02/01/14 07:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Galaxytripper said:
However, ever since The Matrix and current outer limits quantum science theories, there is suggestion of the possibility that we are all simulations.

Try telling that to reality. :shrug:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: ImFukNCLUELESS]
    #19507657 - 02/01/14 07:04 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

1slow2v said:

:waitwhat::lol:

OfflineGalaxytripper
ExpertNovice
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific NorthWest
Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #19507963 - 02/01/14 08:19 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

How do you know for certain what reality is? That which you experience? How do you know it is what you think it is? You surely can't be ignorant of the fact that, crazy as it may sound to you, scientists are studying this possibility. The University of Washington here on the west coast of U.S and A has received funding to study this, namely, to develop mathematical models that, if it were true that this whole "reality" were a simulation, would somehow discover the imperfect glitch that might give this away.

Not common sense? A round earth wasn't common sense to the medievals. Nor the relativity of time to scientists at the start of the last century. Nor the behavior of quantum particles jumping into the future to present-day physicists.

Common sense, apart from not being so common, is the very first thing you have to abandon in philosophy as an investigation into the nature of reality, in order to try to discover the truth.

Edited by Galaxytripper (02/01/14 08:21 PM)

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

#19508104 - 02/01/14 08:54 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

During my most intense mushroom trip I was inside a machinery room filled with cogs, which I eventually perceived to be the "cogs of my mind". I have a report in my signature.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #19508552 - 02/01/14 10:54 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Galaxytripper said:Is there any general commonality in terms of the machinery experience, here in this forum?

If there is, I would suggest it exists as an extension of an extremely pervasive and influential theme in modern history (notably in industrialized nations.)  That theme is of course "The Machine" -- not only in the literal sense of the word but also as a blueprint, metaphor, or analogy adopted by society to understand or explain things in relatable terms.  For instance, it's easier to think of the brain as a sophisticated machine than it would be to consider the brain without a tangible point of reference.

Offlineoomchu
Stranger
    #19508808 - 02/02/14 12:01 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

From my past experiences with psychedelics usually what you see is coming from you. I always tell people I know that if they want to try psychedelics to make sure they know what is floating around in there head or they could have one hell of a trip. 

Even if you were receiving information from some other source it would still have to use the information in your head to communicate with you.

OfflineMushroomBilly
Explorer

Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: Godfather1376]
    #19510977 - 02/02/14 12:59 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Godfather1376 said:
During my most intense mushroom trip I was inside a machinery room filled with cogs, which I eventually perceived to be the "cogs of my mind". I have a report in my signature.

I've had something similar but it was a massive clock with hundreds of cogs which ticked away slickly and the message was that everything is running just fine in my life - just the way it should be

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#19511382 - 02/02/14 02:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Galaxytripper said:
How do you know for certain what reality is? That which you experience? How do you know it is what you think it is? You surely can't be ignorant of the fact that, crazy as it may sound to you, scientists are studying this possibility. The University of Washington here on the west coast of U.S and A has received funding to study this, namely, to develop mathematical models that, if it were true that this whole "reality" were a simulation, would somehow discover the imperfect glitch that might give this away.

Reality is whatever doesn't go away when your thoughts stop.  That's more or less my definition, YMMV. :shrug:

So no, you can't "know" what reality is, it's beyond thought altogether, though its still interesting to think about.

The rest of what you said isn't news to me, you're barking up the wrong tree here. Theories are, unfortunately, commonplace, and rarely pan out to anything useful.  I suspect it means little to nothing that a common trip motif reflects machinery; I've had all kinds of them and as somebody else has said, it tends to reflect what's already in your head. Thanks for sharing, though.:thumbup:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (02/02/14 08:53 PM)

OfflineHabadashery
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #19512800 - 02/02/14 07:49 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

1slow2v said:

:waitwhat::lol:

hahahahahaha

--------------------

OfflineHabadashery
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: Habadashery]
    #19512857 - 02/02/14 08:02 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I recall my first 2-3 LSD trips, being absolutely convinced cars were driving up behind us.  I saw the headlights moving across the trees, I heard engines, Subaru engines(not annoying like WRX, but any legacy type etc), sometimes engines and sounds of heavy machinery as well. 

And in places where it was quite hard to believe that they COULD or would be driving around there, entirely convincing none the less.

Didn't worry me much, I was outta my mind already.  It was a very cool addition to the trip actually, we just ran with it and pretended like we were being hunted in the woods, it was awesome!

--------------------

InvisibleBleakBeat
Lost in thought

Re: Mushrooms and the theme of Machinery [Re: Habadashery]
    #19526950 - 02/05/14 06:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Machinery is a common trip theme with Salvia and me. That is where I first saw "the machine". I was a cog in an ever expansive machine. Seeing the individual frames of reality. This happened to me again on 25i-NBOMe. I heard and felt a drill unscrew the top of my skull. I would hear machines throughout the trip. It was really weird. I saw the individual frames of everything around me and saw my friend and I from a 3rd person view and I saw big boxes around us as if each of our movements were on slides.

MXE also brings back this theme. Sometimes I wonder if it's really my head or if what I'm seeing is real and moving at such an intense pace (that and our brain may filter out a lot of it). I've also spoke with someone else about Salvia and they agree that they also have seen the machine.

I've also seen many people say (on various forums and trip reports) that on Salvia they feel as though they are spinning, like a cog in a machine. This seems all too consistent to be just some theme some of us have made up for ourselves.

But... I could just be mad. :derp:

OfflineChakra Shock
Waxing Prophetic

Loc: The Enterprise
    #19527334 - 02/05/14 07:36 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Galaxytripper said:
The University of Washington here on the west coast of U.S and A has received funding to study this, namely, to develop mathematical models that, if it were true that this whole "reality" were a simulation, would somehow discover the imperfect glitch that might give this away.

What if they find codes in the glitch that work just like magic? Then we could cast mathematical spells into the simulation to summon prototypes and awesome cars!!!:wizard: if it's a simulation, let's rewrite the programming  :uptosomething:

But you know, finding one such glitch in the mathematical system would be kind of like discovering that logic is an imperfect representation of reality... but it could lead anywhere from there, like opening a rift in reality.

I tend to think that psychedelic visions have to do with the archetypal mind... so it would make a lot of sense that machinery images appear in a technologically advanced world.

Edited by Chakra Shock (02/05/14 07:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order