Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

question about mycena pura
    #1951788 - 09/25/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i have read in many places that mycena pura is a possible psilocibin content shroom also that it containss muscarine (i live in greece where there are no active spicies) so anyone knows about mycena pura can psilocin and pcilocybin be extracted living outside muskarine (POISON)and if so how

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

Re: question about mycena pura [Re: tsimpikao]
    #1951831 - 09/25/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

what are other possible psilocybin content spiecies maybe i could find them in greece and with help from chemical friend check out about psilocybin or anythink...

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
    #1951914 - 09/25/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

apparently this is mycena pura.

anyone got any more pics of it?

--------------------
buh

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: question about mycena pura [Re: shirley knott]
    #1951985 - 09/25/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

looks like flesh

Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

Re: question about mycena pura [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1951993 - 09/25/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yes that's mycena pura ... i have found some pictures in the srhoomery i'll search and post them

Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

#1952025 - 09/25/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1952577 - 09/25/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I know of no reports of psilocybin or psilocin in Mycena pura.

There have been some reports of muscarine in some specimens (not all of them).

While M. pura is a common and relatively easily identified mushroom, I strongly recommend that you don't eat it. Also, there is little point in attempting to extract any "active" alkaloids from it.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: question about mycena pura [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1952606 - 09/25/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You might have an old guide that gives vague referances- or be veiwing a site by real idiots. The best way to hunt is still to go by known varieties- which you did ask about so I thought that it may be helpful for you to know that there is a good possibility that liberty caps grow in (parts of) greece and your next best bet would be (please correct me if I'm wrong) is always panaeolus subbalteatus. Both of these are pastureland mushrooms for the most part, aand I'd assume in Greece there are pastures- as for the rest reference the FAQ and whatnot on this site and it will tell you specifically how to hunt for these two species. I mention liberty caps only because they grow in many places in Europe and Greece seems reasonable- also I have a feeling that I read it somewhere. Good luck greek mushroom friend!

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Re: question about mycena pura [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1952615 - 09/25/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Jesus- Europe has an outstanding train system too- if at all possible go somehwere like France, Germany, the Netherlands- you are close to eveything in this respect- then load up and think about it less!

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

#1953293 - 09/26/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yes europe has great train system but not greece after a lot of hunting and after reading 2 local mycology books that only say about the mushrooms in greece liberty caps non panaeolus sub. have ever been found in greece what was found but rare in greece are psilicybe coprophilia (not active ) panaeolina foesicenii (not active) and none has ever reported a n active mushroom in greece and i have gone hounting a lot of times

Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

#1953315 - 09/26/03 02:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Mycena pura is a possible psilocybian mushroom. There are here in Settle two varieties of bluing mycenas/ I haven't seen any on over twenty years though.

that's what mjshroomer said

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

#1953692 - 09/26/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck man!! Sory it's hard- coprophila seems to be everywhere annoyingly doesn't it?

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1953715 - 09/26/03 07:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Mycena pura is listed as poisonous in my books. They grow in abundance in my hunt area and I never noticed bluing on them.
I also heard of bluing mycenas but they're certainly not Mycena pura. If they really exist then they must be some other (new?) Mycena species.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: question about mycena pura [Re: zeronio]
    #1954547 - 09/26/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Mycena puuuuuuraaaaaaaa

according to our friend Arora, traces of musca(rine) have been found in one study. if you go out looking for liberty caps in greece, i would think that looking in mountain sheep/goat grazing grounds would be your best bet, although all of greece is at least highlands.

greece is hot as hell during the summer (34-40+ C) with very little humidity or rain. you think libs could survive in these conditions, even in high elevations?

trains in greece are like public buses in florida.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale