Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

plz help me wit some shrooms info
    #1951824 - 09/25/03 07:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hey guys its me mushie man ,, i am pretty much new to your website i have a few ???'s

1] i have been reading alot of the messege boards on this website and i think i am ready for my first hunt but befor i waste my time are there ne active mushrooms in rhode island - usa

there are tons n tons of cow pastures in R.I ,,, and if there are wat time of the year would be best to go hunting do oyu think its to late in the year

ne help would be great

thanks n happy trippin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: plz help me wit some shrooms info [Re: ]
    #1951974 - 09/25/03 07:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oh god.
1, this isnt AOL messenger
2, the information you seek can easily be gathered by researching, before which, you are not ready to hunt.

yes, their are psychoactive mushrooms in rhode island and all of new england, as far north as NFLD.
no its not too late, in fact its getting prime.
you will be able to find panaeolus subbaltaetus on dung heaps after a day or two of rain, libs are less likely the farther south you go.

however, i dont think you will find anything this year, maybe after another year of actually actively researching what you are doing.

be careful and dont die. in fact, how bout not eating anything you pick that is a mushroom. clearly youve never picked them before if you dont even know what speceis are near you or even if any speceis are there at all.

its not just picking mushrooms and then trying to match them up to a picture of a psychadellic mushroom you hope it might be.
thats how you die.

first, read the FAQ, the first 3 threads in this forum, THEN try to jump in, and do not use messenger shorthand, i for one will not answer a question that tries to be all jive and trendy and phony.

not after this anyway. (not "ne way" which by the way takes as long to type as anyway)

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: plz help me wit some shrooms info [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1952242 - 09/25/03 09:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i ask for sum fucken help not u mr expert to fucking trash me i am gonna eat veery shrrom i find poinsuns or not i am gonna kill my self and like it so fuck ur self

InvisibleBlu Spore
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1952260 - 09/25/03 09:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

your a winner :thumbup: 

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #1952348 - 09/25/03 09:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushiez said:
i ask for sum fucken help not u mr expert to fucking trash me i am gonna eat veery shrrom i find poinsuns or not i am gonna kill my self and like it so fuck ur self 

Yup, you're on the right track now :wink: Everybody around here has been trying to get Mitchnast to quit giving out good advice and stop people from doing stupid shit forever! I think you should sign up and be the new leader of the "Fuck Mitchnast,'we'll eat what we want" society.....oh wait, on second thought...you probably won't be around long enough!! Too bad...next :rolleyes:

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: plz help me wit some shrooms info [Re: BluMonkee]
    #1952406 - 09/25/03 10:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Mushiez,, I just happen to be from near by the ocean state,,, please call butler hospital... if your suicidal... I'm pretty sure they have a hotline..PM me if you need the #... No Find Um...

PS.. being able to accept consturctive critisism will take you far in this life or into the next...

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

Re: plz help me wit some shrooms info [Re: nofind_um]
    #1952408 - 09/25/03 10:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

gee, that kinda hurt. oh well, thats life
and i even gave the best answers possible to his vague questions, seriously.

--------------------

OfflineBluMonkee

#1952423 - 09/25/03 10:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
gee, that kinda hurt. oh well, thats life 

but he did recognize you as Mr. Expert, I thought that was awful nice  :grin:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1952454 - 09/25/03 10:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

#1952478 - 09/25/03 10:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

no find um ,, were u livin at ne luck wit find ne actives in the area

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #1952483 - 09/25/03 10:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

what the hell mushiez...mitchnast gave you info. He told you that you could find panaeolus subbalteus in rhode island. thats what you wanted to know. I don't understand why youre angry...

and he was just warning you, cuz too much people misidentify mushrooms and die...cuz some of em look a likes are very very poisonous

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

#1952504 - 09/25/03 10:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ok, mushies, something you should know right now.

im not attacking you,  im telling you, in no uncertain terms the exact information you need to know. i even answered your specific questions
with a dash of critisism,

Am i saying you should fuck off and give up? no.
you know what? I diddn't pick any psychoactives My first year of hunting.
I even flew out to vancouver during stuntzii season and found none in 2 wet months.

im not saying give up, im saying grow up.  the shooms arent there for you to have as a personal drug supply without doing some reading first.

who knows? by the time youre done all that reading, you might like it.
you could get all interested in spirituality, philosophy, mycology, helping people and dumb stuff like that.

maybe youll want to learn about edibles and medicinals, cullinary stuff. who knows???!!!111

the idea is, you make yourself educated, show some respect, start getting some, and maybe you wont get offended by the first post from mitchnast.  its ok tho, EVRYBODY takes it the wrong way the first time i give them a peice of my mind.

and i think most people will agree with me that nobody was born with the inate abilty to identify fungus. Tho some of them might HAVE fugus...
I consider it reasonable that if one wishes to eat fungus they pick, they really ought to know how to tell it from another mushroom.

something that seems so easy, maybe you heard a few things, but its actually not a simple as taking a print, taking a photo, and posting it, theres a certain level of responsibility you have to feel for your life and that of others. 

personally i sell crates of wild chanterelles to resteraunts, i pick them myself, and they are served to rich people with too much money.
the chefs really can't ID mushrooms, (even if they THINK they know how)
I also have a cupboard full of dried mushrooms for the winter of evry speceis and serving application possible, medicinals, edibles, and yes, Psychadellic, all stored in separate bags with dessicant.

you see, over time i LEARNED how to store mushrooms.

Now, are these the sorts of things youre interested in?
if so, drop the jive talk, read read read, and spend alot of time in the feild.
you MIGHT have discovered a renewable sourse of mind-expansion fungus and have done so safely by late next year :smile:.

patience will do you well for a first step,  because youve got a long way to go for the goal. it doesnt stop at getting high.
if it did then mushrooms would be a means to an end.  and I will not paticipate in the ending of a human life.

and it really is that simple.

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #1952545 - 09/25/03 11:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Put very nicely mitch,,, mushiez,,, sorry, I won't offer any more advise than mitchnast already did,,, about finding active mushrooms in the state of RI,,, All I can tell you is you have all the information that you need right here at your fingertips... When your ready they will find you.... Good luck and happy hunting.////

To answer your question,, yes I've had some luck in RI... Not alot of luck but albeit a little bit... not alot around here,,, and to find anything you must be vigilant.. young warrior.. alot of good edibles out right now though... Thats if you like fungus on your dinner plate,, I do,, bye No Find Um.... Happy Hunting...

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1952554 - 09/25/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

And all that right after he was nice enough to give you a straight answer. ...more or less the answer you'd get from any of the experienced people here. Mushroom hunting is open to anybody. Eating the mushrooms you find has a bit higher bar.

You can consider this your (public) warning. Flames and such are not permitted in the Hunting Forum (or most of the others).

As far as killing yourself, I seriously doubt if you'll succeed with mushrooms. It's been tried many, many times, and almost nobody succeeds. You'll just make yourself very, very sick. The truly deadly mushrooms actually tend to be fairly difficult for most people to find, and you probably don't know how to identify them correctly right now. It'll take a bit of study, and there are a lot of very similar mushrooms you're far more likely to find - many of which are actually edible (but not recommended because of their similarity to deadly mushrooms), and a few of which are just of the "puke all night" varieties.

Good luck.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineBluMonkee

#1952582 - 09/25/03 11:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
ok, mushies, something you should know right now.

im not attacking you,  im telling you, in no uncertain terms the exact information you need to know. i even answered your specific questions
with a dash of critisism,

Am i saying you should fuck off and give up? no.
you know what? I diddn't pick any psychoactives My first year of hunting.
I even flew out to vancouver during stuntzii season and found none in 2 wet months.

im not saying give up, im saying grow up.  the shooms arent there for you to have as a personal drug supply without doing some reading first.

who knows? by the time youre done all that reading, you might like it.
you could get all interested in spirituality, philosophy, mycology, helping people and dumb stuff like that.

maybe youll want to learn about edibles and medicinals, cullinary stuff. who knows???!!!111

the idea is, you make yourself educated, show some respect, start getting some, and maybe you wont get offended by the first post from mitchnast.  its ok tho, EVRYBODY takes it the wrong way the first time i give them a peice of my mind.

and i think most people will agree with me that nobody was born with the inate abilty to identify fungus. Tho some of them might HAVE fugus...
I consider it reasonable that if one wishes to eat fungus they pick, they really ought to know how to tell it from another mushroom.

something that seems so easy, maybe you heard a few things, but its actually not a simple as taking a print, taking a photo, and posting it, theres a certain level of responsibility you have to feel for your life and that of others. 

personally i sell crates of wild chanterelles to resteraunts, i pick them myself, and they are served to rich people with too much money.
the chefs really can't ID mushrooms, (even if they THINK they know how)
I also have a cupboard full of dried mushrooms for the winter of evry speceis and serving application possible, medicinals, edibles, and yes, Psychadellic, all stored in separate bags with dessicant.

you see, over time i LEARNED how to store mushrooms.

Now, are these the sorts of things youre interested in?
if so, drop the jive talk, read read read, and spend alot of time in the feild.
you MIGHT have discovered a renewable sourse of mind-expansion fungus and have done so safely by late next year :smile:.

patience will do you well for a first step,  because youve got a long way to go for the goal. it doesnt stop at getting high.
if it did then mushrooms would be a means to an end.  and I will not paticipate in the ending of a human life.

and it really is that simple. 

Damn!! Some people should be allowed to get 10 shrooms :thumbup: Mitchnast, for anyone to come back and put the time and effort into a follow up like you just did here after already giving out excellent advice and info and getting slapped in the face for it......WELL DAMNIT...all I can say is "Here's to more people like yourself, the world would be a better place!" :wink: 

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

Re: plz help me wit some shrooms info [Re: BluMonkee]
    #1952607 - 09/25/03 11:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i shouldda gone to bed :smile: i gotta work at 4

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1952719 - 09/26/03 12:05 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ya know, there's really not any purpose any more to this thread. At this point it's just basically flamebait, asking for somebody to come out here and say something they really shouldn't.

I'm locking it up now, to keep that shit from happening.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification