Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Visionary experience
    #1951647 - 09/25/03 05:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The Fear of Death thread got me wondering... have any of you ever had visions when sober? I have, between ages 14 and 17.
Some background information: I was sober at the time, and atheistic. There was no wind that day, no wild animals near the spot I sat, so no natural sounds whatsoever.

The first one ever was in Spain, near Rosas, in a holiday resort situated in a crescent shaped bay surrounded by mountains. Me and a few others were meditating, and we were all being guided by this one dude. He told us to 'penetrate the darkness' you see when you close your eyes.
I did, and I saw a stream of images, which all of a sudden came to a stop at this one image. I saw a clearing in an oak forest, and at the center there was this Stonehenge-like ruination, covered partly by moss. I had the feeling I was being observed by eyes in the brush, possibly wild animals. What confused me at the time is I smelled typical forest scents, like rotting leaves, tree sap, stuff like that. I also heard bristling in the brush, sounds of animals walking (sneaking?) around. I felt this incredible sense of harmony, which I have thereafter only had in similar visions and on shrooms.
A green-white vortex appeared on the right hand side, and 'I' went through it, to come out on the other side feeling refreshed. Now lying before me was a giant square made out of the most beautiful mosaics I've ever seen, in earth/aquarel tones. To the left were mountains, I could feel the air was thinner here, and right in the middle there was a three layered fountain, made out of a seemingly liquid yet solid (I hope you get what I'm saying?) metal, like frozen mercury with currents under the surface. The top layer looked like a flower bud, from which water sprung. The bud started blossoming, to reveal a mercury lotus, with tiny fangs on the rims of its petals.
Next moment I knew, I had opened my eyes.

This vision completely changed the way I looked at life. It made me feel like I had received this gift from mother nature herself, and that started me on my spiritual quest, really.

Comments are welcome  :wink:

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Visionary experience [Re: Alan Stone]
    #1951762 - 09/25/03 06:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I've definitely had visions myself. I remember only one vividly enough. It was a room. With clutter and stuff, and the floor was made of skinny planks like that of a basketball court. It was a breif flash, and I felt completely dissociated from reality. I have never even gone that far on shrooms yet. (but very close)
I also remember having other visions but they flashed so fast I couldn't even tell what they were. But I also felt that feeling of ego-loss... the visions overtook my entire feild of vision.

This whole thing interests me. It's sort of like deja-vu where we spontaneously tap into that higher force. What I saw was just a glimpse of the infinite amount of consciousneses out there. Perhaps we experience never ending visions when we die... just float off, never to remember our lives again, never to be conscious in the dream world.

--------------------

OfflinepermaFRY
youngstonerwithguitar
Loc: right now i'm in TEXAS bu...
Re: Visionary experience [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1963032 - 09/29/03 04:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i've had a reocuring psychedelic vision on shrooms.....i close my eyes and i see all the usual shroom visuals ...then after a while i come to this wierd pearly designed GATES and then i ussually open my eyes

--------------------
i'm just peachy chilling here trying to kill time in my class at some lame ass college in texas...can't wait to go back to AZ oh well in the meantime i can jam on my guitar and whack tha toolage. peace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology