Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Would this work for a cordless air-exchange?
    #1950964 - 09/25/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?fa...r+Pump&ct3=

Sometimes it's not easy to access electrical outlets, so would this do a good job of exchanging air? The other thing I'm trying to figure out is the best way to control the tempture without wires.

(this is first post in this forum, so you'll have to forgive any naivet? on my part)

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
Re: Would this work for a cordless air-exchange? [Re: Twirling]
    #1951075 - 09/25/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What a neat pump!
I would expect that thing to eat batteries like crazy. In some cases you may have to run your pump 24/7... an air pump that runs off batteries doesnt seem ideal.
I wanna know somethin though - is it really that hard to access an electrical outlet  :confused: Extention cords are only $6 buddy!

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Would this work for a cordless air-exchange? [Re: Psilopleix]
    #1951101 - 09/25/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well I'm looking for a more stealth setup than an ideal one. Cords poking from the closet look weird. I'll probably end up having to do that though, as heating and air exchange would eat batteries.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1951121 - 09/25/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you could only come up with a timer that could be used on it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

#1951127 - 09/25/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well... you can always manually fan for air exchange. Your terrarium can be cordless. Good luck.

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Re: Would this work for a cordless air-exchange? [Re: Psilopleix]
    #1951131 - 09/25/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah too bad it doesnt have a timer. If it could run short cycles that would be a badass pump for a small chamber. Maybe if you had an expertise in electronics you could rig it somehow.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Would this work for a cordless air-exchange? [Re: Magash]
    #1951146 - 09/25/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm gonna have to think it over. Perhaps I'll just plug it in when I know friends & such won't be around. Thanks for the ideas. Maybe I'll experiment more when I get the hang of the basics.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1951150 - 09/25/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

oh, and are there anything I should know when picking out a pump/heater? Like brands, features etc...

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1951157 - 09/25/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well when I designed the pod I use pumps that can exchange the air 2 to 3 times per hour. That is about all I go by. I'm pretty loyal to Profile pumps.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Would this work for a cordless air-exchange? [Re: Magash]
    #1951174 - 09/25/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

great, I'll make sure to look for that.

--------------------

OfflineHigh_On_Magic
    #1952375 - 09/25/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well if you are really concerned, i would first have some doubt about the life of this thing, if it does not matter a great deal, id say go to rat shack and buy yourself a lead acid battery, 4v prolly i mean one of these charged should go a week or so id say, at least a hell of a longer then two AA's

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder