Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
senseless ramblings
    #1950270 - 09/25/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not sure why I'm here tonight - why I'm allowing my thoughts to flow through my fingertips in such a way so that you all can hear what I have to say. I have a blog that would probably be better suited for these sorts of things...but I feel more at home here. *humph* More at home with a gathering of people I've never even met then in place I've designed and created to be all my own. Seems kinda odd huh? But I guess that just goes to show that human interaction (or at least the illusion of human interaction anyways) is always far more attractive then even the most luxurious forms of solitude.

Anywho -

I was just sittin here thinking about the multi-verse and trying my damndest to wrap my mind around the complexity of it all. I keep trying to put myself in *god's* shoes...trying to see things the way *he* would see em (and by all of this I am, of course, reffering to the common view of the sort of 'god' you'd find in any basic monotheistic religion, and not neccessarily that of my own idea of what 'god' is) I keep placing him in different situations and seeing things through these different perspectives. At times I picture him as a truely omnipotent being and imagine him looking down on us from heaven...evaluating our actions, guiding those of us who will listen, playing out some massive game of chess from both sides of the board - as if this was all just some way for him to test himself or something.

Other times however (more often then not, actually) I see him more as a young child who is mearly attempting to learn things on his own through trial and error and what have you. He plays around with our lives for a bit and begins 'going against the rules' to see what'll happen - and it always ends in disaster. He then fixes his mistakes and continues on trying to see what else he can discover before he has to finally accept the fact that he's screwed up too much and has to start all over. And all the while, his father sits quietly behind him answering questions and giving advice when called upon.

Sometimes I see him as a scientist of some sorts with a whole lab full of other people just like him - all of whom are gathered around a sphere that is our existance...viewing it with the aid of complex holographic computer equipment, taking the occasional moment or two to scribble down a couple of notes, but most of all - simply staring into the abyss with a sort of awe-like amasement. It's as if they're all hypnotized by 'our' beauty, and captivated by the simple fact that even though they are superior to us in every way (quite possibly because we are their creation) they still can't even comprehend what we're all about.

And from time to time, I've even seen *him* as some sort of great warrior that doesn't think about much of anything (including who 'we' are, who 'he' is, how anything in existence works, or anything else really) but he has the heart of a champion and is capable of doing practically anything he sets out to do - all on physical capabilities and instinct alone.

I keep imagining 'existence' (meaning the totality of the all) as being a sort of complex arrangement of basically an infinate number of 'existences' (or universes, or whatever) in which every 'layer' is connected to those around it by a single point...or a single entity if you will. These 'gods' are the only 'people' that are able to see more then one reality at a time...to one side is the 'universe' they came from (and mastered) and to the other side is a whole new 'universe' in which they are the absolute bottom rung of the ladder - the slime on the ocean floor - the - fuckit...you get my point.

But the thing is, these 'gods' are more like positions then actual physical beings. Meaning that once someone reaches that point they can't continue their journey into the next reality until they first find a replacement to fill the position they're in. I think that's why 'service towards others' is generally seen as *good* while 'service towards self' is seen as *bad* (just imagine if someone refused to leave their position as 'god' and everyone else just kept flowin along as they were intended to do...that one individual would act as a sort of cosmic 'clog' and fuck up all the system)

I guess you can compare that whole situation to a contaminated mycelium cake...in the sense that 'existence' would become poisioned, and eventually die off. The sole purpose of life is to perpetuate and thrive, right? I mean - any species out there knows that they have to procreate in order to survive...just as plants and shit have to flower in order to carry on their own life cycles (generally speaking of course) So by someone doing something like cloggin the cosmic drain, they are basically just letting that puss build up until the damn leg turns gang-green and needs to be amputated. It seems then that 'service to self' is inheriently self-destructive...it will inevitably lead to a complete system failure - a total core meltdown - a - eh.....

*stopped to get coffee...lost my train of thought*

I'm now thinking about critical mass, and wondering if maybe we as a species are reaching that point - if 'novelty' (if you will) is increasing at such a rate that it's about to squash us all into super condensed versions of ourselfs...or if it'll just build up enough pressure to burst this damn balloon we're in and send little tiny pieces of us flying out into some other larger encasement that's designed specifically to give us room to grow when we at last become to big for the world we're in now.

But I really don't think I'll get into that right now. I think I might actually just pop these damn woodrose seeds I got staring me in the face right now and ride this wacky train of thought well into tomorow and see where it takes me. Or maybe I'll just say 'fuck it' and go lie down before I hurt myself.

Eh...I'll probably take the seeds.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: senseless ramblings [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1950431 - 09/25/03 04:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps our entire existance consists of a mycelium cake in a different existance, and that is why our mushrooms, the accumulation of all the knowledge of that mycelium cake, reaveal so much... hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: senseless ramblings [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1950453 - 09/25/03 05:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you have learned the ultimate truth...there is no more I can teach you

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: senseless ramblings [Re: Muppet]
    #1951066 - 09/25/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
you have learned the ultimate truth...there is no more I can teach you

Heh, thanks for the confirmation, but how much of my knowledge have you actually taught me? I haven?t seen you around these parts before. :grin:

It is like, there is infinity, all of these levels within levels, and mushrooms seem to be a nexus point that can take us to the next level...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #1951211 - 09/25/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

collective consciousness  :wink:
(it's just one of the many ways we are all infinately connected) 

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: senseless ramblings [Re: Muppet]
    #1951457 - 09/25/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
collective consciousness  :wink:
(it's just one of the many ways we are all infinately connected)   

Indeed. Connections are what makes our experience and forms our universe..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1951534 - 09/25/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yes connections are very important.

Here's an analogy my friend came up with regarding "connection-making:"

Let's say you have 200 pieces of the cosmic puzzle. Some scientist who went to college for 17 years and works in a lab all day and stuff has let's say 400 pieces of the cosmic puzzle.
It doesn't matter how many pieces of the puzzle this scientist gathers up if he isn't connecting them to eachother as he goes along.
If you, on the other hand, are connecting the pieces as you find them, and willing to rip the whole thing apart and stick them back together in a different way at times, then you've got a clearer view of "the big picture" than the scientist who has tons of pieces of the puzzle but they're scattered all over his desk like fuckin confettii.

Having the memes will assist you, but if they're not all tied up into one nice package (or tied up incorrectly, from a bad perspective), it can cause major confusion and loss of clarity.

lol I'd better stop now before I cause too many DISconnections.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order