Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo.
    #19508115 - 02/01/14 08:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

link

A miraculous natural cancer cell killer. 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy.

Guyabano is claimed to prevent UTI, constipation, leg cramps, water retention, pregnancy complications, anemia and migraines.

Helps body produce energy, keeps bones healthy, helps maintain good cholesterol levels.

Below are a few paragraphs I found on a FB post about the fruit.

"The Sour Sop or the fruit from the graviola tree is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer 10,000 times stronger than Chemo. Why are we not aware of this? Its because some big corporation want to make back their money spent on years of research by trying to make a synthetic version of it for sale.

So, since you know it now you can help a friend in need by letting him know or just drink some sour sop juice yourself as prevention from time to time. The taste is not bad after all. It’s completely natural and definitely has no side effects. If you have the space, plant one in your garden. The other parts of the tree are also useful.

The next time you have a fruit juice, ask for a sour sop. How many people died in vain while this billion-dollar drug maker concealed the secret of the miraculous Graviola tree? This tree is low and is called graviola ! in Brazi l, guanabana in Spanish and has the uninspiring name “soursop” in English. The fruit is very large and the subacid sweet white pulp is eaten out of hand or, more commonly, used to make fruit drinks, sherbets and such.

The principal interest in this plant is because of its strong anti-cancer effects. Although it is effective for a number of medical conditions, it is its anti tumor effect that is of most interest. This plant is a proven cancer remedy for cancers of all types.

Besides being a cancer remedy, graviola is a broad spectrum antimicrobial agent for both bacterial and fungal infections, is effective against internal parasites and worms, lowers high blood pressure and is used for depression, stress and nervous disorders."

:thumbup:

I think this is pretty cool. I hope people start growing this thing everywhere and gradually introducing it into their diet frequently.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedontknow
It's all in the reflex

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: thirtygoats] * 2
    #19508134 - 02/01/14 09:05 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

business inquirer said:

There is some suggestion that it might have the property to inhibit the growth of some cancer cells, but this has only been shown in the laboratory—or at most, in experimental animals—but never in humans. It’s a long way from being declared an anticancer fruit with truly clinically meaningful effects

Also, Wikipedia says that it may in fact be harmful

"The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center cautions, "alkaloids extracted from graviola may cause neuronal dysfunction and degeneration leading to symptoms of Parkinson's disease".[29] The compound annonacin, which is contained in the seeds of soursop, is a neurotoxin associated with neurodegenerative disease,[30] and research has suggested a connection between consumption of soursop and atypical forms of Parkinson's disease due to high concentrations of annonacin.[31"

:shrug2:

--------------------
:box:

The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly. -Proverbs 15:14

:tripping2: :shroomer:  :trippinballs: :shroomin:

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of Life’s coming attractions.”
Albert Einstein

Edited by dontknow (02/01/14 09:07 PM)

Invisiblevolcomstoner
I'll have just one more xanax
Male User Gallery

Loc: Minnesnowta
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: dontknow] * 9
    #19508143 - 02/01/14 09:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:facepalm:

Your basing this off posts from facebook?

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineGaskelort
Psychedelia
Male

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: volcomstoner] * 2
    #19508151 - 02/01/14 09:11 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
:facepalm:

Your basing this off posts from facebook?

That ....

What the fuck?

You really believe a facebook page of a company that tries to make you buy their products?

My shit cures HIV, wanna spread some over your chest?

--------------------
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Ça m'a permis enfin d'écrire cette chanson
Harmonium - Pour un instant

Edited by Gaskelort (02/01/14 09:14 PM)

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: volcomstoner]
    #19508161 - 02/01/14 09:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I think I can spot :bs: on facebook.

and who knows... somebody probably edited the Wikipedia article to try to demonize the fruit and spread misinformation.

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: Gaskelort]
    #19508168 - 02/01/14 09:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Taken from http://guyabano.com/

"The Guyabano tree, its fruit, leaves, stem, bark is a natural cancer cell killer.

A scientific research published in the Journal of Natural Products in 1996, stated that a certain compound from the seed is selectively cytotoxic to colon adenocarcinoma cells (HT-29) in which it was 10,000 times the potency of Adriamycin (the commonly used chemotherapy drug).

Protect your immune system and avoid deadly infections. Feel stronger and healthier throughout the course of the treatment. Boost your energy and improve your outlook on life.

The source of this information is just as stunning.

Extracts from the tree were shown to: Effectively target and kill malignant cells in 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreatic cancer.

What’s more, unlike chemotherapy, laboratory tests shows that the compound extracted from the Guyabano tree selectively hunts down and kills only cancer cells. It does not harm healthy cells! Various parts of the tree–including the bark, leaves, roots, fruit and fruit-seeds–have been used for centuries by medicine men and native Indians in South America to treat heart disease, asthma, liver problems and arthritis.

The results showed that Guyabano’s “leaves and stems were found effective in attacking and destroying malignant cells.

In many independent laboratory tests has proven that Guyabano to be a potent cancer killer.

The most significant part of the report is that Guyabano (Annona Muricata) was shown to selectively target the cancer cells, leaving healthy cells untouched. Unlike chemotherapy, which indiscriminately targets all actively reproducing cells (such as stomach and hair cells), causing the often devastating side effects of nausea and hair loss in cancer patients.

A study at Purdue University found that the leaves from the Guyabano tree killed cancer cells among six human cell lines and were especially effective against prostate, pancreatic and lung cancers."

---From http://www.naturalnews.com/041685_guyabano_cancer_superfruit.html#

"(NaturalNews) The guyabano, or otherwise known as the custard apple or sour sop fruit, is deemed as one of the miracle cures for cancer. There have been various websites and claims that say that guyabano, from the tree, to its leaves, bark, and fruit, is capable of killing cancer cells naturally. A research that was conducted back in 1976 says that one chemical found in guyabano is about 10,000 times more powerful and potent than a drug used for chemotherapy called Adriamycin. This is why the Department of Science and Technology of the Philippines developed a supplement that is made from the guyabano fruit. Read on to find out more about this plant called guyabano.

What is the guyabano?

The guyabano (Anona muricata) is a tree that grows about five to seven meters high. It bears a pear-shaped fruit that is green in color and has soft spines. This tree is native to the Caribbean, Central America, South America, and African countries in the sub-Saharan area. The tree is also able to adapt to the tropical climate and could be found in most countries in Southeast Asia.

The matured fruit usually weighs about two to five kilograms and is ovoid in shape. The skin is thin and it has a whitish pulp that is soft, fleshy, and fibrous. The taste is distinct, with a tangy citrus taste. The fruits are harvested when they are mature, when the skin of the fruit is yellowish or shiny green in color.

The benefits of taking guyabano

The guyabano has been found to possess a lot of medicinal properties that a lot of people would definitely benefit from.

One article from 2008 in the African Journal of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicine reported that a study done on diabetes-mellitus afflicted rats that were fed with guyabano actually showed a significant lowering of their blood sugar levels. Separate studies conducted also showed the ability of guyabano in reducing alleviation, fever, asthma, arthritis, and skin infections. There are also studies that claim guyabano to be good for those who are suffering from herpes simplex infections, liver problems, and even hypertension.

Guyabano and cancer

There have also been studies that showed that those who took guyabano extract had better immune systems. The extract was shown to be helpful in targeting and killing cancer cells in about 12 types of cancer, including prostate, colon, pancreatic, breast, and lung cancer. The compounds in the extract have been proven to help in slowing down the growth of malignant cells, even better than the strong and commonly used chemotherapeutic agent, Adriamycin.

When people undergo chemotherapy, all the body systems suffer alongside the malignant cells. The guyabano extract's compound will selectively track and kill only the cancerous cells. The healthy cells are left alone. There have been studies conducted since 1976 that indicate guyabano is indeed a very good killer of cancer cells.

The claims still need to be backed by more studies, according to a lot of experts. There are a lot of people claiming that they have benefited from the extract, but there are still no recorded therapeutic claims from the use of guyabano extract.

Sources for this article include:
http://www.bostoncherbs.com/?p=26
http://guyabano.com/
http://www.medicalhealthguide.com/herb/guyabano.htm "

Offlinedontknow
It's all in the reflex

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: thirtygoats]
    #19508169 - 02/01/14 09:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thirtygoats said:
and who knows... somebody probably edited the Wikipedia article to try to demonize the fruit and spread misinformation.

I think that's the most likely scenaria

:rolleyes:

Also, I'm not sure that guyabano.com is an unbiased, fact-based source

--------------------
:box:

The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly. -Proverbs 15:14

:tripping2: :shroomer:  :trippinballs: :shroomin:

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of Life’s coming attractions.”
Albert Einstein

Edited by dontknow (02/01/14 09:17 PM)

Invisiblevolcomstoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: thirtygoats] * 3
    #19508173 - 02/01/14 09:17 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thirtygoats said:
I think I can spot :bs: on facebook.

Wow. You MUST be trolling right? Like what was already mentioned, you don't think these claims have anything to do with marketing the product?

Holy fucking shit, how about I make a page saying drinking gasoline makes you live forever? will you elieve that as well?

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Invisiblevolcomstoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: volcomstoner] * 3
    #19508190 - 02/01/14 09:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The title of the thread doesn't even make sense, how can it kill "10000 times stronger than chemo"
Chemo, it kills every living cell in the right dose, and some magic fruit somehow surpasses this?

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: volcomstoner]
    #19508219 - 02/01/14 09:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

So the 7,412 people that clicked Like on the guyabano site are all idiots that don't know anything. Glad we have a genius like you to be the fruit police and disagree with so many things without even having time to read them all.

Invisiblevolcomstoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: thirtygoats] * 1
    #19508228 - 02/01/14 09:35 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Oh and the hundreds of thousands of people that are dying of cancer and their doctors going the route of chemotherapy are idiots?

Show me some scientific data that proves this claim and I'll believe it.

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

InvisibleVersicolor
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: volcomstoner] * 1
    #19508234 - 02/01/14 09:37 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thirtygoats said:
So the 7,412 people that clicked Like on the guyabano site are all idiots that don't know anything.

Pretty much.

"What’s more, unlike chemotherapy, laboratory tests shows that the compound extracted from the Guyabano tree selectively hunts down and kills only cancer cells. It does not harm healthy cells!"
:thisisterrible:

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: Versicolor]
    #19508425 - 02/01/14 10:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i heard about this "miracle" plant along time ago.  I've read some reports that those articles about it being a cancer treatment was a myth but idk wtf to believe anymore on the crazy intrawebz

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: Versicolor] * 3
    #19509800 - 02/02/14 07:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Versicolor said:
Quote:

thirtygoats said:
So the 7,412 people that clicked Like on the guyabano site are all idiots that don't know anything.

Pretty much.

"What’s more, unlike chemotherapy, laboratory tests shows that the compound extracted from the Guyabano tree selectively hunts down and kills only cancer cells. It does not harm healthy cells!"
:thisisterrible:

I think it's just a massive joke. From their wall...

"Share first, read about it afterwords" .... :rofl:

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
mind is everything, what you think you become [Re: Synthe]
    #19509809 - 02/02/14 07:29 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

"Helps body produce energy"

Any plant/food, anything you put in your body does just that

unless it is 0kcal (gelatine,agar,coke zero or such)

your body naturally utilizes food for making energy in the mitochondria

but if I had cancer I might be trying the natural way instead of filling my body with poison(chemo)
would probably still get surgery if it was an option, just not chemo
it is a choice we each have, just don't make it scientifical.... you can destroy peoples lives by spreading false info

I think hemp oil might have something going for it, but not sure :wink:
it did help me lose weight(weed) and worry less... I think our thoughts(state of mind) decides if we get healthy

If you believe illness is an insult to the soul you get healthy, or you die (with any mysterious illness you don't know what is yet)
there is no middleway I think, I believe we are here for a purpose
if the soul gets sick(body), it is for a purpose, to teach us something / for a reason

but believing is not enough, you must Know it in your heart
then you will also accept death, or whatever happens

Edited by lessismore (02/02/14 07:45 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: thirtygoats] * 1
    #19509852 - 02/02/14 07:48 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

it kills cancer by killing the patient

:brilliant:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: tripp23] * 1
    #19509861 - 02/02/14 07:49 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tripp23 said:
i heard about this "miracle" plant along time ago.  I've read some reports that those articles about it being a cancer treatment was a myth but idk wtf to believe anymore on the crazy intrawebz

if there's text on a picture of something and it tells you something, dont believe it

Invisiblevolcomstoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #19509874 - 02/02/14 07:53 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

tripp23 said:

if there's text on a picture of something and it tells you something, dont believe it

This is some GREAT advice that everyone should be told before entering the world of the internet.

--------------------

HAIL SATAN

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: volcomstoner] * 1
    #19509909 - 02/02/14 08:05 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

volcomstoner said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

tripp23 said:

This is some GREAT advice that everyone should be told before entering the world of the internet.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Fruit is cancer killer, 10,000 times stronger than chemo. [Re: Prisoner#1] * 2
    #19509912 - 02/02/14 08:06 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck