Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Good Men
    #1950723 - 09/25/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

link

Rebel Israeli pilots 'grounded'

Israel describes its strikes as "targeted killings"
The head of Israel's air force has grounded a group of fighter pilots who are refusing to carry out air strikes against Palestinians, Israeli media has reported.
Air Force Commander Dan Halutz issued the order against nine of the 27 pilots still on active duty, according to the Haaretz newspaper.

The declaration by the pilots, some of whom regularly carry out combat missions, has been condemned by Israeli military leaders.

Israel frequently launches air strikes designed to kill Palestinian militants in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

The Israeli Government describes the operations as "targeted killings", but Palestinians and human rights groups condemn them as assassinations - and note that innocent civilians are often killed as well.

Jail threat

General Halutz told Haaretz the pilots would be dealt with in the same way as soldiers who have refused to serve in the West Bank and Gaza - suggesting they will be dismissed from the military and possibly jailed.

"This method has proven itself," he was quoted as saying.

The pilots have been ordered to retract their joint statement or be punished.

In their statement, released on Wednesday, the pilots said: "We, veteran and active pilots... are opposed to carrying out the illegal and immoral attack orders of the sort that Israel carries out in the territories."

They added: "We are refusing to continue to attack innocent civilians."

Israel's Channel 2 television reported that the pilots were also refusing to fly ground troops into the Palestinian territories to carry out attacks.

'Severe matter'

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon also warned the pilots against their action.

"This is a very severe matter, which will be dealt with soon and appropriately," he was quoted by French news agency AFP as saying.

One of the rebel pilots told the Yediot Ahronot newspaper that he felt like he had "come out against his family".

"I was proud to belong to the organisation called the Israel Air Force, and today I am ashamed," said the pilot, a Blackhawk helicopter captain named Alon.

"This is an organisation that carries out actions that in my eyes are immoral and patently illegal."

Hundreds of Israeli reserve soldiers have chosen prison over military service in the Palestinian territories during the last three years of Israeli-Palestinian violence.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Good Men [Re: GazzBut]
    #1950839 - 09/25/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like the tough, compassionate jews I know and respect. Not the petty bullying right-wing arseholes who've hijacked Israel.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Good Men [Re: Xlea321]
    #1950914 - 09/25/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, getting elected democratically is a hijack.

Anonymous

Re: Good Men [Re: shakta]
    #1950930 - 09/25/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if its rightwing arseholes getting elected, then it is.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Good Men [Re: GazzBut]
    #1950961 - 09/25/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
The Israeli Government describes the operations as "targeted killings", but Palestinians and human rights groups condemn them as assassinations - and note that innocent civilians are often killed as well.

Well, how can we ignore such a learned party on killing innocents as the Palestineans!

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Good Men [Re: lysergic]
    #1950975 - 09/25/03 12:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You read one word and dismiss the entire sentence. What an impressive mode of thought.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Anonymous

#1950980 - 09/25/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

maybe... just maybe there is a segment of the palestinian population who are not terrorists at all but who are innocent victims of israel's military strategy... and maybe that segment of the population, when speaking out against the attacks, alongside numerous human rights groups, has a point.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Good Men [Re: ]
    #1951021 - 09/25/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would agree with that. Maybe they need to overthrow the idiot they elected and do something about the terrorists in their midst then.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Good Men [Re: shakta]
    #1951110 - 09/25/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You talking about Israel?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Good Men [Re: ]
    #1951297 - 09/25/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
maybe... just maybe there is a segment of the palestinian population who are not terrorists at all but who are innocent victims of israel's military strategy... and maybe that segment of the population, when speaking out against the attacks, alongside numerous human rights groups, has a point.

Innocent victims? Like those Arabs that the Israelis allow to work in Jerusalem? Like the ones that the Israelis uilt housing for, but Arafat said that anyone that moved in there would be killed? Bottom line, these people probably don't like their living conditions, and if they accepted the 99 offer, they'd have much better living conditions. Why would anyon WANT to live in some sand nigger dictatorship?

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1951321 - 09/25/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"Why would anyon WANT to live in some sand nigger dictatorship? "

Oh, just brilliant.

Everyone knows that there are Palestinians that are committing horrendous acts against the Israelis.

The Israelis are attacking the Palestinians in retribution.
But, aren't the Palestinians attacking the Israelis in retribution?

Could it be that the things Sharon has offered are really just meaningless, small gestures intended to make him look better, kind of like when Arafat says he's working towards peace?

Does being a democratically elected leader really make your choices morally better than those of other governments? There are places where I wouldn't be surprised to see Bin Laden get elected, if they were so inclined to choose their leaders democratically. Would this make his attacks on the US justified? Hitler was a democratically elected leader, and I didn't see a lot of people rushing to his defense.

The fact is, attacking the Palestinians, blowing up innocent civillians, destroying homes, and tossing them in refugee camps isn't going to create peace.

Neither is sending suicide bombers over to try and bring down Israel.

I don't see how anyone with an interest in resolving this conflict can take sides.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Good Men [Re: Phluck]
    #1951333 - 09/25/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's quite possible to take sides. The land that is now called Israel has been "jewish" for centuries. It was given to them by the British, and it has a UN mandate to exist. The DAY AFTER Israel was "created" again, the sand beasts attacked them. Was this in "retaliation" for the Isralies killing some innocent palestineans? No, it wasn't.

Review what was offered at Camp DAvid in 99 and tell me it's "meaningless", then tell me why terrafat didn't even bother to make a counter offer? Or, look at the PLO websites and how they show palestine, interesting that the western border is the med sea.. hm... does that mean no israel? I thought they agreed that Isreal was allowed to exist? More arab duplicity? Noooo

i'm sure you'll find some way to blame hardworking honest people instead of the real culprits now... enjoy

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1951371 - 09/25/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, okay, you're right.

These filthy pigmen are never going to listen to reason, there's only one final solution.

First, we deploy troops from all UN nations to the middle east, and round up all of these quasi-human sand niggers. Line them up, slaughter them, and dump their worthless bodies in the ocean.

Maybe we can keep a few for the zoos.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1951381 - 09/25/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sharon wasn't around in '99. He was elected by the Israelis as a response to Arafat starting the current war.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1951407 - 09/25/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
... there's only one final solution.

First, we deploy troops from all UN nations to the middle east, and round up all of these quasi-human sand niggers. Line them up, slaughter them, and dump their worthless bodies in the ocean.

Maybe we can keep a few for the zoos.

Their bodies aren't worthless...
click this link to find out how to turn dead humans into a usable product.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Good Men [Re: Autonomous]
    #1951415 - 09/25/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yay!

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1951441 - 09/25/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Then we wouldn't have to be so reliant on their oil!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder