Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do?
    #19507415 - 02/01/14 06:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone ever suffered from this before? I'm aprox 5 hours into it and sought no medical help.

Will I ever fully recover?

Will my brain be damaged or changed?

Can I ever take MDMA Again?

This happened during the combination of aMT (an MAOI) and aprox 120mg of MDMA delivered rectally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Re: Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do? [Re: XTCentral]
    #19507533 - 02/01/14 06:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

"Moderate toxicity. Symptoms cause the patient significant distress and deserve symptomatic treatment."

This is what I have. Will I recover just as well without treatment or do I need to involve the authorities immediately? I'm looking for this information but struggling to find an answer.

OfflineNardael
Master theorist

Loc: Russia
    #19507544 - 02/01/14 06:40 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If you have any friends who are doctors and you trust them they could help you a lot and calm you down. Altough I don't know where you live doctors should keep your problem as a secret. Your main priority should be not to take any psycotics now and take a big break. The simple fact that you take MDMA might cause brain damage but for the syndrome I have no data to talk about. Your other option is to start self medicating yourself that I DO NOT recommend. If your muscles are in pain you could try taking muscle relaxants like benzodiazepine. Cyproheptadine would block the serotonine synthesis. Please drink a lot of water ( but not too much just keep well hydrated ). Symptomps are supposed to fade away in 24 hours, if that doesnt happen seek a doctor immediatly. A psychiatrist could help the most. But you should call a friend to be there and support you during this tough day. You might want to try meditation.

--------------------
keep it gonzo bro

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

Re: Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do? [Re: Nardael]
    #19507677 - 02/01/14 07:07 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Are you sure you aren't just tripping balls from the AMT and reading into things?  Has someone gave you external confirmation of your symptoms?

--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 
EVOLUTION REQUIRES REPRODUCTION

OfflineNardael
Master theorist

Re: Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do? [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #19507779 - 02/01/14 07:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Dunno why he mixed them, but in my opinion muscle pain could be the indicator here. Altough he didnt gave us data about that. More information or exact description of his current status is needed. The tripping balls option is viable as long we dont know the amount taken. As heavy amt trip just produces a lot of serotonie syndromes symptoms.

--------------------
keep it gonzo bro

Edited by Nardael (02/01/14 07:31 PM)

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

#19509438 - 02/02/14 05:19 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nardael said:
Dunno why he mixed them, but in my opinion muscle pain could be the indicator here. Altough he didnt gave us data about that. More information or exact description of his current status is needed. The tripping balls option is viable as long we dont know the amount taken. As heavy amt trip just produces a lot of serotonie syndromes symptoms.

No external confirmation of Serotonin Syndrome but I do know this:

I took an MAOI and a strong dose of MDMA (a normal dose delivered rectally)
Immediately I felt wrong. When the MDMA rush was supposed to hit, I became knocked out and sober. My body was still stimulated, but I didn't feel like I could "use" it.
I became anxious, muscle tremors and clonus.
I felt extremely cold but I kept becoming very hot according to my girl next to me.

Other than that, I just felt and still feel like I'm in hell.
Is there any very good source I can ask to find out if I'll probably get fully better in the near future? I just want to recover properly.

Thanks everyone for your interest in my thread.

Oh, and there was no psychedelic, euphoric or any sort of "high" effect whatsoever. I just feel like dying.

Edited by XTCentral (02/02/14 05:20 AM)

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
    #19509441 - 02/02/14 05:21 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Seretonin syndrome, what is so bad with that? Learn to accept the suffering and you will be blissful just the same..

--------------------
And thus begins the  reverse-fusing of our one-dimentional understanding, and adds ever-expanding perspectives, in depth and number; splitting our perception, and in so doing, seemingly irrationally, creates yet more one-ness, with all that ever was, is and will ever be, streching across the infinite, inunderstood concept of everything, percievable and not.

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

Re: Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do? [Re: Icyus]
    #19509444 - 02/02/14 05:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icyus said:
Seretonin syndrome, what is so bad with that? Learn to accept the suffering and you will be blissful just the same..

I feel like a shaking baby inside. I don't feel like I can function how I want to at all anymore.

If my brain will recover fully with no damage to serotonin receptors, then I'll be completely fine and happy. Hell, if I fully recover (or expect I will) I'll be much better than before and roll next month.

OfflineNardael
Master theorist

#19511522 - 02/02/14 02:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

24 hours has passed by now. If you dont feel any better, you should start thinkig about seeing a doc. Your case is special, the time frame could be longer than the usual. The treatment would be mostly curing the symptoms until you start to intoxcate. Eating organic food or taking rest might help you during this time.  Study the nature of MAOI for security! That is very important hope you feel better.

--------------------
keep it gonzo bro

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

#19511655 - 02/02/14 03:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nardael said:
24 hours has passed by now. If you dont feel any better, you should start thinkig about seeing a doc. Your case is special, the time frame could be longer than the usual. The treatment would be mostly curing the symptoms until you start to intoxcate. Eating organic food or taking rest might help you during this time.  Study the nature of MAOI for security! That is very important hope you feel better.

Thanks a lot. I don't feel like I did before the incident, mentally or physically but I also don't feel like I did during the incident either.

InvisibleEdibleStereos
Healthy Body, Sick Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
    #19513172 - 02/02/14 09:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

This is not medical advice. But cant SSRI's be given to protect the brain during serotonin syndrome?

EDIT: cant find that paper.

Edited by EdibleStereos (02/02/14 09:17 PM)

OfflineShroomerited
Male User Gallery

#19513294 - 02/02/14 09:41 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

XTCentral said:

This happened during the combination of aMT (an MAOI) and aprox 120mg of MDMA delivered rectally.

:whatwhatwhat:

OfflineNardael
Master theorist

Re: Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do? [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #19514188 - 02/03/14 01:54 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Unless you are a doctor or a pharmacologist, I wouldnt dare to advice takin ssri. Im neighter of them, but at the uni neurology takes out a big chunk of the stuff to learn. So far I did not have the guts to even try MAOI, az I had been advised by experienced traveller I might risk my life, need to listend to your diet and extreme care is needed. I think the main problem was mixing the two compunds. Otherwise these symptoms couldnt have appaeared, but amt can still produce them in a heavy dose, and we still dont know the dose of it! Also rectal uptake proves to be extremely powerful. I myself am planning to do and experiment with 40x salvia extract.

--------------------
keep it gonzo bro

Edited by Nardael (02/03/14 01:58 AM)

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
    #19514359 - 02/03/14 03:12 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Doctor or pharmacologist? Got a paper that shows you know nothing ..

--------------------
And thus begins the  reverse-fusing of our one-dimentional understanding, and adds ever-expanding perspectives, in depth and number; splitting our perception, and in so doing, seemingly irrationally, creates yet more one-ness, with all that ever was, is and will ever be, streching across the infinite, inunderstood concept of everything, percievable and not.

OfflineNardael
Master theorist

Re: Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do? [Re: Icyus]
    #19514378 - 02/03/14 03:28 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Well today i regret i didnt go to any one of those instead of my current subject. We are talking about combined effects of compounds, pharmacologist/doctor/biologist might have a slight clue about the topic...

--------------------
keep it gonzo bro

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

#19514401 - 02/03/14 03:44 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomerited said:
Quote:

XTCentral said:

:whatwhatwhat:

That was part of the mistake I made. Anecdotally speaking, I've heard 120mg of MDMA dissolved in water and administered rectally is like dropping a 300mg bomb orally.

It's basically as efficient as IVing the substance.

Quote:

Nardael said:
Unless you are a doctor or a pharmacologist, I wouldnt dare to advice takin ssri. Im neighter of them, but at the uni neurology takes out a big chunk of the stuff to learn. So far I did not have the guts to even try MAOI, az I had been advised by experienced traveller I might risk my life, need to listend to your diet and extreme care is needed. I think the main problem was mixing the two compunds. Otherwise these symptoms couldnt have appaeared, but amt can still produce them in a heavy dose, and we still dont know the dose of it! Also rectal uptake proves to be extremely powerful. I myself am planning to do and experiment with 40x salvia extract.

My aMT dose was < 10mg-30mg

Edited by XTCentral (02/03/14 03:45 AM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #19514408 - 02/03/14 03:48 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Real serotonin syndrome is very mild. Relax, you're fine.

OfflineNardael
Master theorist

#19514412 - 02/03/14 03:51 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

40 mg is the heavy dose so no wonder this happened, is it a designer? Due to regulations here I had to give up on stuff like these. What was your source? I guess it wasnt from the streets if you know what you have exatcly. You dont have to answer these questions.

--------------------
keep it gonzo bro

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.

Re: Today I got myself Serotonin Syndrome . . . What do I do? [Re: nooneman]
    #19514652 - 02/03/14 06:21 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Real serotonin syndrome is very mild. Relax, you're fine.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read. Serotonin syndrome can kill you.

OfflineXTCentral
Sweet Love

#19514950 - 02/03/14 08:38 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nardael said:
40 mg is the heavy dose so no wonder this happened, is it a designer? Due to regulations here I had to give up on stuff like these. What was your source? I guess it wasnt from the streets if you know what you have exatcly. You dont have to answer these questions.

Yeah it's a legal RC here in the UK so I got it off a RC vendor (I'm guessing I can't name sources?)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder