Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaester
Iron Chef

Advice needed: Keep going or dunk/coldshock?
    #1948992 - 09/24/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I need some advice. After I birthed my cakes, each grew only one mushroom. Some people thought they were a little dry and adviced me wait for those to mature and then dunk/coldshock the cakes.

Well, the ones I had are almost mature but now other little mushrooms are appearing.

Should I forget about those new mushrooms that are appearing and dunk/coldshock the cakes in the hopes of getting more? Or should I settle with those others that are coming now?

Put it in another way: is it worth losing those that are appearing so that more would come later (greedy) or stick to those (safe)?

Jaester

Pics:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: Advice needed: Keep going or dunk/coldshock? [Re: Jaester]
    #1949061 - 09/24/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Damn dude that sucks for you. What a tough ass choice! I have no idea what I'd do.

I guess greed always gets you into trouble, so stick with the safe side. You probably have 6g dried there.

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Advice needed: Keep going or dunk/coldshock? [Re: StrongBad]
    #1949095 - 09/24/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

to dunk or not to dunk...

you must ask yourself...

am i a gambler?

i myself would dunk... there is a chance the pins will continue and if not hell.. you'll have a couple aborts and a bunch of new ones in their place? this is a situation where you inevitably must think for yourself.

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: Advice needed: Keep going or dunk/coldshock? [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #1949144 - 09/24/03 06:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How about this...dunk one, leave the other. If you fuck it up, at least you have one cake, right???

Offlineshroomstruck

#1949148 - 09/24/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Jaester, since you have a bunch of other jars to birth ... do the dunk! :smile:

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
    #1949170 - 09/24/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

in past experiences...ive had cakes that mysteriously did the exact same thing as yours are doing, one fruitbody, couple pins that'd abort...maybe a total of 5, 4 aborts and 1 fruitbody.

the first fruitbody was 11g wet, that was in fact due to dry substrate.
in an attempt to get more, i dunked and rolled it. the second fruitbody was substantially bigger(27g wet), but yet again, there was only one.

to this day im unsure of what caused it, though at the time i received some possible explanations, dry substrate was suggested as well in my case. another explanation was lack of dikaryotic mycellium (if memory serves correctly), which i basically interpreted that as a weak strain (in my case B+, looks the same for you as well), a strain which isnt able to massively reproduce to disperse many spores.

who knows, someone here might, i dont...
in any case, congrats on your cakes, as with my case, it might be sad that theres not more fruitbodies, but at least we succeeded. =)

-jb

--------------------

Offlinecasper702
Ghost

Loc: Learning to fly
Re: Advice needed: Keep going or dunk/coldshock? [Re: dysphoria]
    #1949185 - 09/24/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

dunk 1-2 and see what happens yo

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1949200 - 09/24/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Jes what's up.

This is a easy one. Dunk them bitches. The dunk will more then make up for any that you may loose now. Don't pick off the real little ones, pins and real little ones just starting. Some will survive the the dunk anything that doesn't you can take off lator.  :thumbup: 

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTHATS iT!
mellow
Loc: In the misty mountains o...
Re: Advice needed: Keep going or dunk/coldshock? [Re: Magash]
    #1949530 - 09/24/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

One shroom means only that single spot of mycelia is getting enough humidity etc. You should dunk or case. I would case because when I have dunked after the mycelia exposed to air gets nasty green mold.

OfflineJaester
Iron Chef

Re: Advice needed: Keep going or dunk/coldshock? [Re: THATS iT!]
    #1950454 - 09/25/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent advice friends. I will probably take the advice for experimentation and dunk one of them and try to do some casing with the other one and another couple of cakes I have.

I did those cakes following the PF-Tek for simple minds since this is my first run. Any advice on a casing recipe that is simple and harder to screw up?

Jaester

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
    #1950631 - 09/25/03 08:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

straight verm. If you use coco or peat or something like that, you have to mess with PH and start adding lime or something else to balance out the PH. Just straight verm is easiest, and effective.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags