Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: World Spirit]
    #1949076 - 09/24/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

God hates? Sorry to sound blunt, but I'm going to have to go ahead and say no. Hate is a pretty strong word, and frankly I cannot see the loving God taking what goes on down here that personal. I mean, people do some horrible things I admit - but I don't think anyone really understands the perils of each deed they carry out. The light of God helps us understand the bad we have done, and how good it is to be kind and good, and what it means to return to Him. It seems the more externally we view God, the more He seems like that Prison Warden guy.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefivepointer
Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: Zahid]
    #1949335 - 09/24/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"i.e. no Hell no judgement no condemnation ?
A God who loves u so darn much that u cannot
even begin to comprehend...
And I mean completely unattached, unconditional love"

True biblical grace is unconditional, contrary to the false gospels that have taken over today. Grace is not hinged on any condition that a person could perform. The notion that an "act of faith" is the ground of obtaining divine favor turns grace into a reward for a work. It turns grace into a "milder law" that can be satified with less stringent demands. Christ ALONE fully satisfied the law (in obediance and suffering of wrath) on behalf of His elect, chosen, predetermined people (not all people who ever lived), objects of divine love who only deserve wrath, as a demonstration of love to them. This is true love, that flows entirely apart from any forseen acts of goodness, faith, repentance, ect. True faith understands this grace. True faith is a gift of revealed truth. True faith only observes, it does not merit. Any who would bring a "grace" cloaked in performance of human conditions does not understand the gospel and brings an idol god who can not save.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: lucid]
    #1949407 - 09/24/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If God loved human kind, the world would be a very different place.
There would have been no Hitler. The word genocide would not exist. The Arab/Isreali conflict would have never happened. Aids, Ebola, Malaria...would these exist if god loved us?
People often try to tell me these things happen because God granted us free will. Well thats all good and dandy sure, but isn't God supposed to be all powerful? All god had to do was simply make Hitler get cancer, and millions of lives would have been saved....that would not go against the belief of free will, but he chose not to do that. Why is it that God NEVER interferes at ALL? Why is it that prayers are never answered? Why is it that innocent, good hearted, Christians die to accidents and disease on a regular basis? If God is so mighty, why does he not show his might? Why would God let the Aztecs sacrifice humans to him everyday to keep the sun moving if he really loved humans? Why would he let all the outlandish religions that were practiced in history ever occur? Why would he wait until Jesus/Moses to tell man what he wanted from them when man was around long before? Because God never has, and never will interfere with human kind. Please, prove to me differently. If God exists, he does not love us at all. If anything, he hates us....or perhaps he just dosn't care either way.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #1949487 - 09/24/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
There would have been no Hitler. The word genocide would not exist. The Arab/Isreali conflict would have never happened. Aids, Ebola, Malaria...would these exist if god loved us?
People often try to tell me these things happen because God granted us free will. Well thats all good and dandy sure, but isn't God supposed to be all powerful? All god had to do was simply make Hitler get cancer, and millions of lives would have been saved....that would not go against the belief of free will, but he chose not to do that. Why is it that God NEVER interferes at ALL? Why is it that prayers are never answered? Why is it that innocent, good hearted, Christians die to accidents and disease on a regular basis? If God is so mighty, why does he not show his might? Why would God let the Aztecs sacrifice humans to him everyday to keep the sun moving if he really loved humans? Why would he let all the outlandish religions that were practiced in history ever occur? Why would he wait until Jesus/Moses to tell man what he wanted from them when man was around long before? Because God never has, and never will interfere with human kind. Please, prove to me differently. If God exists, he does not love us at all. If anything, he hates us....or perhaps he just dosn't care either way.

When sin entered the world from the action of Adam and Eve, everything was introduced. Hitler was allowed to be, because of sin. God is all powerful, but he allows some things to happen. I can't explain this as well as I hoped, so may I submit a website?

www.godandscience.com or .org, I forgot.

Anyway, this is a great site that may be able to answer your questions much better that I can. I hope to can find the answers you want. God bless.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

#1949498 - 09/24/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:

I wish I could answer your question in a way that you would accept, but the most I can do is give you this website.
www.godandscience.com or .org.  I forgot.
Good luck on your quest to find the truth.  God bless. :heart:

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: Funguy]
    #1949502 - 09/24/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

When Adam and Eve introduced sin? What about the centuries of humankind before the invention of christianity and the story of adam and eve? *edit* I'm looking at that website....and I'm sorry but it in no way show's me that God is watching and that he cares. It shows me that God created the universe and mankind, and that we should marvel at his glory because the world is built so amazingly.*edit*
*doubleedit*
Quote:

God is all powerful, but he allows some things to happen.

Thats not true, he allows EVERYTHING to happen. He has not interfered with human kind since he created us. As I said, please give me an example of otherwise....I'd love to believe, I really wonder how the universe came into existence, but God does not seem like a plausible answer. You would think an all powerful being would do SOMETHING.*doubleedit*

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

Edited by ChiefThunderbong (09/24/03 08:30 PM)

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1949513 - 09/24/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well If god did exist

Hey god why treat the humans on earth as scum

Earth ! which way is that

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1949527 - 09/24/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, Christianity did not "make up" Adam and Eve. It is also in Jewish religion, which is much older than Christianity.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#1949550 - 09/24/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I realize that, when I said christianity I ment the juedo-christian (sp?) beliefs. I believe Muslim's are based off the same religion as well (correct me if I'm wrong). But regardless, science makes it pretty clear that human beings did not come from two people....you do agree that somewhere along the line the story was "written" (guess made up was a bit harsh), but obviously there was a long period before the bible was created that man existed and practiced all sorts of crazy religions. Or do you disagree with the fossil record?

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#1949729 - 09/24/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Man, how come whenever I join a conversation about God or abortion the conversation ends?

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1949737 - 09/24/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder why :wink:

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1949753 - 09/24/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Me too....I mean how come everyone else can express their opinions and have intelligent conversation but as soon as I talk everyone runs away?

--------------------
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#1950086 - 09/25/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i think that the christian version of god is a narrow view. in the bible, god has given man free-will, but god knows everything that has happened and everything that will happen, including what choices we will make. therefore freewill doesnt exist and god knows when a spirit is sent to earth to take on the physical form, whether or not it is doomed from the start. whether the choices that person will make will send him or her to hell. why would god do that.... maybe heaven is experiencing an over crowding problem.... :wink:

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: lucid]
    #1950195 - 09/25/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Why is it that so many people can believe in an unflawed supernatural being that created flawed beings to amuse himself and also think that this is a good thing? And not only does he set rules to this game that oppose the natural behavior of the beings that he created, but he offers eternal suffering as the alternative to playing his twisted game.

I've got a solution to your question "Do you believe in an unconditional loving god?". NO. Even if I believed in god I would have to follow the holy book and play by the rules for god to love me. And believe it or not most people today don't even come close to following what the bible actually, litterally says. And oh yes it does say that no words shall be changed in the good book lest that person be damned along with the people that follow the changes.

What's really funny is that nobody really has much of a clue as to what any of our religions really are all about. Most people would say love, I would say control.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinefiefdom
sober
 User Gallery
Loc: california?
Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1950221 - 09/25/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

With an all loving God, as I was taught to know. God can be nothing more than love.

--------------------
"But then again the 'divinely approved', because it gets approved by the gods, is divinely approved by this very act of approval: it is not the case that it gets approved because it's divinely approved."  -Socrates

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1950336 - 09/25/03 03:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
People often try to tell me these things happen because God granted us free will. Well thats all good and dandy sure, but isn't God supposed to be all powerful? All god had to do was simply make Hitler get cancer, and millions of lives would have been saved....that would not go against the belief of free will, but he chose not to do that. Why is it that God NEVER interferes at ALL?

Hmm... God interacting in any way directly violates free will. Giving Hitler cancer interferes with the natural development of his body and the disease itself, thereby changing what was going to happen.

The idea of God as some being sitting somewhere above his creation doesn't satisfy me. It just doesn't fall into the idea of infinity, of every cell being composed of infinite universes and our universe simply composing something even grander as if it is but one cell. God IS the Creation.

Everything is energy, and that energy is God... No matter how much we subdivide the energy so that it can experience itself, once you remove the distortion that makes the paradox, that hides the Truth, you see exactly what it is..

But hey. Maybe the "God" in the Bible is just an alien? Chariots of fire... all this talk about heaven, but no talk about "skies", perhaps heaven means sky? The fact that the god referred to in the Bible is an alien would satisfy me, because then Christianity would make sense, and I would still have my belief towards the true nature of God and the universe...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1950362 - 09/25/03 03:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

But hey. Maybe the "God" in the Bible is just an alien? Chariots of fire... all this talk about heaven, but no talk about "skies", perhaps heaven means sky? The fact that the god referred to in the Bible is an alien would satisfy me, because then Christianity would make sense, and I would still have my belief towards the true nature of God and the universe...
Peace. 

you know... in the first translations of the bible the word angel was a mistake. the greek (paul lived in greece) word was actually "messenger", so instead of angel from heaven, it was messenger from the sky... :wink: 

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: automan]
    #1950371 - 09/25/03 03:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

automan said:
you know... in the first translations of the bible the word angel was a mistake. the greek (paul lived in greece) word was actually "messenger", so instead of angel from heaven, it was messenger from the sky... :wink:   

Exactly. Then there are all the chariots of fire flying around, the flying around on clouds.. Moses descending and Jesus transforming and shit like that..

Aliens. Most indubiantly.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

#1950490 - 09/25/03 06:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
Me too....I mean how come everyone else can express their opinions and have intelligent conversation but as soon as I talk everyone runs away?

I didn't run away. I had to go to class and then I had to go home. The only chance I have to be on here is between classes. Anywho, Moses was the one who wrote the first five books of the Bible. So between Creation and when Moses wrote the book of Genesis (with God's inspiration) and number of thousands of years could have gone by. This allows for the spread of beliefs and whatnot. There are many questions I have about the Bible as well. For example:
1. Where did Cain get his wife from?
2. Were the "Sons of God" angels, aliens, or what (Gen. 6:1)
3. Are angels really aliens?
4. What did Jesus actually look like?
5. The list goes on....

No I cannot answer every question thrown at me, but I can recommend books, articles, etc. There is no true way to prove whether or not God actually exists, it is just something we take on faith. Even then, scientist still have to have faith in the theory of evolution. It is still just a theory, it hasn't been proven yet either. Yea, I can believe that a single cell could eventually evolve into a human, that is believable. But I find it hard to believe that all of the molecules could come together (by chance) and form that single cell. It takes as much faith to believe in the big bang than it does God.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1950502 - 09/25/03 06:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
Why is it that so many people can believe in an unflawed supernatural being that created flawed beings to amuse himself and also think that this is a good thing? And not only does he set rules to this game that oppose the natural behavior of the beings that he created, but he offers eternal suffering as the alternative to playing his twisted game.

Viewing this existence as a game is a matter of perspective. That is not the only way (nor is it the most logical way IMO) To see things.

Quote:

What's really funny is that nobody really has much of a clue as to what any of our religions really are all about. Most people would say love, I would say control.

Man made institutions are definitely about control.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order