Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Schwag Dank?!!!
    #1944933 - 09/23/03 03:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So SWIM picked up some really good looking smoke over the weekend....

It was beautiful looking(sure SWIMs seen better but..)..nice bright green and more red hairs than SWIMs ever seen on bud...

SWIM gets home....and starts looking a bit closer at it....
hmmm....not really alot of trichromes......
smells like 'outside'...lawn clippings even.....
pipe gets packed up....hmmm tastes kinda like it smells...really earthy.......
got high....nice kinda heady high.....but an hour goes by and your totally down... (off a totally crammed large bubbler, 3 heads smokin on it)

SWIM was kinda pissed......blew alot of cash on that shite.....oh well live and learn....

any theories?

mine is that it was some very low grade herb that someone just planted outside and sort of grew it proper-like(sensi style)

another says it was keifed before sale....but it didnt really look all that handled or abused.....and if this was the case wouldnt there still be crystals on the inner ares of the bud?

i dunno

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: DazedSol]
    #1945001 - 09/23/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

looks can be decieving ive gotten dank looking herb with a cheap high. the best bud ive smoke before was seeded didnt look all that great smoked it and it was like a mild trip that lasted a while very trippy high

OfflineMistaSmokupalot
Necrophiliac
Male

Loc: Between Heaven and Hell
Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: buckwheat]
    #1945094 - 09/23/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Was it premature or wet?

Usually premature or wet bud has the smell of grass clippings/wet smell. That's probably why. You should've saved it and dried it your own, if it was that good, you guys would be getting very high righht now.

oh well live and learn.

peace.

--------------------

Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: MistaSmokupalot]
    #1945148 - 09/23/03 04:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like it might even be some of that legal herbal stuff they sell all over the net that looks like bud...just a thought...who knows

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: greenhaze]
    #1945894 - 09/23/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It was probably not cured correctly hence no smell, earthy tatse. Was the bud dense, or whispy? Any seeds?

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: resin]
    #1948209 - 09/24/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It looked like someone tried to cure it,.... the stems didnt snap like they should....but the stuff burned just fine........

no seeds

it was dense but not like overly dense....if SWIM still has some, maybe a picture will appear :smile:

it definately was not imitation bud crap

it definately was not premature.....all huge chops

SWIM has Smoked alot of herb........doing so for over 7 years........never seen anything like this before  :confused: 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1948242 - 09/24/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> Was it premature or wet?

premature also results in heady highs instead of body highs that are very short lived, in my experience.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #1948363 - 09/24/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I got some nugs last night and they smelled like pumpkin seeds, was riddled with orange/red hairs, and was very crystallized.

I smoked it with my buddies and we all got real high - REAL high - for about an hour. We burned out. I ended up passing out with a headache. What a waste.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #1948372 - 09/24/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I only had that happen once...My bud in clemson SC (great town for dank) got some good lookin shit, but it barely got us high! talk about pissed! We are pro-smokers and are not easily ripped off but it looked AND smelled like dank! I couldn't explain it either, so I'm no help, just sharing my exp.

--------------------

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#1948379 - 09/24/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe this is some of that crap Canadian government weed.....SWIM is located on the US/Canadia border....who knows

BTW
Thanks for the replies guys :laugh:

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

#1948799 - 09/24/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I dont know man, it might just be an impotent strain, grown for a characteristic other than potency, and the grower did not know untill harvest. Ive only seen bud like this 1 time. It looked real good, and smelled good also. It had a few seeds, but tasted like shit, and did not get you high. It had all these little ball like formations on the buds, but they did not appear to be pollen sacs. How did the bud smell/taste? Mabey he heat dryed it, and killed the potency

Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
    #1948813 - 09/24/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

PREMATURE
Swear to god thats it.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: longshot]
    #1948939 - 09/24/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What color hairs did it have? Usually mature bud has orange/red hairs. If it had white hairs it was pre-mature, and is probably why all the potency is not there. I remember getting some 100$ a quarter like this, that was orange, with white hairs and it did the same thing that yours did to you, I just remembered how pissed I was cause I was in florida, and had no bud hookup. Im geussing pre-mature now also, it makes the most sence, good call longshot

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1948986 - 09/24/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

>SWIM gets home....and starts looking a bit closer at it....
hmmm....not really alot of trichromes......
-The dealer may have overhandled the product. He may also have been using a crystal catcher

>smells like 'outside'...lawn clippings even.....
pipe gets packed up....hmmm tastes kinda like it smells...really earthy.......
-Could have been anything from the fertilizer used, whether it was steamed to add weight.

>got high....nice kinda heady high.....but an hour goes by and your totally down... (off a totally crammed large bubbler, 3 heads smokin on it)
-Maybe it was a strain ratio of indica and sativa that you weren't used to

>SWIM was kinda pissed......blew alot of cash on that shite.....oh well live and learn....
-Money is money. If you get ripped off a drug dealer, what did you expect? Grow your own and give the excess away.

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1949115 - 09/24/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"The dealer may have overhandled the product. He may also have been using a crystal catcher"
    Doubt that.....the buds were not broken up or mangled in any way... if a catcher was used on some bud....then a peice of the bud is taken and broken in half, the inner parts of it would still have trichromes......these had none

"-Could have been anything from the fertilizer used, whether it was steamed to add weight"
    Very true this is still all up to speculation(ferts)......but the thought of steamed bud did cross my mind....and i doubt this too....as the buds were intact and still looked well....seen the steamed herb before...SWIM thinks after steaming, the bud looks well 'steamed'..... :smile:

"-Maybe it was a strain ratio of indica and sativa that you weren't used to"

Thought of this too....SWIM feels he has smoked enough of each strain to recognize this  :smirk: ..... plus about 10 other people who ended up with a bag of this stuff ALL said the same things about it....

Just thought of this.....

What about fucking hemp!!! It was hemp  :blush:  It had to be....that actually explains everything me thinks.....HMMmmm :bong: 

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1949394 - 09/24/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Try to look at good before you buy it. In my experience,lots of trichomes means it is almost always good,but hairs don't necessarily mean shit.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: monoamine]
    #1949463 - 09/24/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hairs contain no phycoactive compounds(from what Ive seen), but are a indacator of when it was picked. First off it was not hemp, as hemp dosent produce buds, the flowers they produce are very whispy, leafy, and are not what I would call buds(A quarter ounce would look like a quarter lb..)

2nd off Hemp is a plant that is like 14 feet high, and mostly stem, and some leaves (Which is ideal, because they are using the stems.) You couldent even practically grow hemp, Youd need 20' ceilings, and outside wouldent produce shit. 3rd off, noone would waste their time with hemp.
It could be cannabis ruderalis, which will bud, but is impotent(And is hard to come by). If it is ruderalis, I would geuss that someone grew it thinking it was good pot, and when they dident get high they sold it. What color hairs were on the bud? If theres no trichomes, then it wasent 100$ a quarter bud, I wouldent even consider dropping 100$ on a quarter of bud if it had no trichomes. Did it smell like 100$ a quarter pot?

Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
Re: Schwag Dank?!!! [Re: monoamine]
    #1949469 - 09/24/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It wasnt hemp.
You cant bioassy (sp) weed with your eyes ears or nose.
Smell, hairs, trichomes can be good indicators of things, but never are "proof."
If it truely did as you say, and looked as you say, it was premature.
Period.
If you are as experienced as you say you're sure it wasnt just low potency? If it wasnt, it was PREMATURE.
There is weed that to the eye and the nose seems just kill, but has a very low potency high. It was either that or premature.

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
    #1949488 - 09/24/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ever heard of chopped up orange peels in bud to make it look good?

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
    #1949491 - 09/24/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ever heard of chopped up orange peels in bud to make it look good?

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds