Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: wingnutx]
    #1945493 - 09/23/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Last time I checked,alcohol and assault rifles don't mix very well (unless you're name is Hunter S. Thompson ) Everybody that was drunk on the job should get in trouble for this.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: monoamine]
    #1945539 - 09/23/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree although I'd say any weapons, not just "assault" weapons.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1945555 - 09/23/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah,any weapons,but a powerful automatic rifle with a 30 round magazine is a little worse.

And what do you mean by "assault"? I believe the army even calls them assault rifles (as opposed to sub-machine guns and pistols).

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1945588 - 09/23/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I mean I believe "assault weapons" is a silly thing to call them no matter who does it.

What do people being attacked call them???? Defense weapons?

They are weapons. Pure and simple. I realize many call them "assault" weapons. Just because many do it doesn't make it correct.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1945650 - 09/23/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Since were on the topic of semantics...why do they call them homicide bombings now? Most bombings are meant to kill people,and the term "suicide bombing" differentiates them from regular bombings.

And why is "assault rifles" not appopriate? They were mainly designed as military weapons for assault,as opposed to hunting rifles and whatnot. I dunno,the term "not regular hunting rifles but a special kind" rifles is a bit cumbersome.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1945656 - 09/23/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They call them homicide bombings often now because suicide bombings make the bomber look to human, and it makes the act seem as some kind of noble thing.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: shakta]
    #1945664 - 09/23/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

God forbid we think of the enemy as human! :rolleyes:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1945683 - 09/23/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
Since were on the topic of semantics...why do they call them homicide bombings now? Most bombings are meant to kill people,and the term "suicide bombing" differentiates them from regular bombings.

Because the primary goal of a homicide bomber is to kill others. If a bomber merely wanted to kill himself he could do so with no harm to others.

Quote:

And why is "assault rifles" not appopriate? They were mainly designed as military weapons for assault,as opposed to hunting rifles and whatnot. I dunno,the term "not regular hunting rifles but a special kind" rifles is a bit cumbersome.

I don't feel it is appropriate because that is only 1/2 of their purpose. The terms, automatic, semi-automatic, bolt action, and so on are far more accurate ways to categorize firearms.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1945688 - 09/23/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

God forbid we feel sorry for fucking baby killers. I know you think they are just misguided and all. You were wrong the first time we had this argument, and you are wrong now. :wink:

The point is to take the emphasis off the killer, and put it on the victims. God forbid we see the women and children they TARGET as humans.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1945703 - 09/23/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

How about just using terms that describe the action being done?  If we use the word "homocide bomber," that would describe Timothy McVeigh or the Unabomber just as easily.  But the term "suicide bomber" more accurately describes what these people do.

PS:  I'm right, you're wrong. :wink:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1945705 - 09/23/03 07:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Last time I checked,these people are members of the species Homo Sapiens Sapiens ,and are thus human.They may be evil,fucked up humans,but still human.

And I don't see how the term "suicide bombings" is a noble thing.

Conservatives bitch about PC,but correct me if I'm wrong,but this is a big example of a stupid euphamism and was first used mainly by conservatives.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1945717 - 09/23/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

God forbid we feel sorry for fucking baby killers. I know you think they are just misguided and all. You were wrong the first time we had this argument, and you are wrong now.

The point is to take the emphasis off the killer, and put it on the victims. God forbid we see the women and children they TARGET as humans.

Yes,I support baby killings fully.

I don't see how the term "suicide bombing" makes the people targeted look any less human. I don't care if they were suicide bombed,homicide bomb,carpet bombed,power bombed...I still feel just as sorry for them.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1946562 - 09/23/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Unfortunately according to right-wing theory, killing thousands of innocent people is ok as long as you wern't "targeting" them. (tho quite how bombing a city populated by civilians isn't targeting them is something these fucking idiots have yet to explain  :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: Xlea321]
    #1946601 - 09/24/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Funny how Right wing fanaticism is so similiar to Islamic Wahhabism - exact logic that terrorists use when targeting civilian areas; they are only aiming for the Zionists and those who help the military machines that kill Muslims. Extremism breeds extremism.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Even the tigers are terrorists.. [Re: Zahid]
    #1947409 - 09/24/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent point Zahid.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]