Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIdLeMiND
Stranger

Loc: Central Texas
Help ID please!
    #1946454 - 09/23/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys, I've been finding these particular mushrooms on my front lawn for the past few years.. does anyone reconize these?

thanks for the help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Help ID please! [Re: IdLeMiND]
    #1946493 - 09/23/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

none are active, but the bottom one is a bolete.. thats all I know =D

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Help ID please! [Re: whole9]
    #1946528 - 09/23/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

be advised that many boletes are toxic.
i am not competant in identifying boletes but if you will post a full writeup i'm sure someone will help you.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineIdLeMiND
Stranger

Re: Help ID please! [Re: canid]
    #1946597 - 09/24/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I didnt think anything was active, i was just curious about what they were. Thanks alot for the help guys.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#1946775 - 09/24/03 01:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

o ok good. most people just care if the mushrooms they found are active or not. sorry I just assumed you wanted to know only 1 thing. My bad =D

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1947081 - 09/24/03 05:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You'll need, at least, to get spore prints on them. Make sure you do them on white paper.

Also, let us know about the things we can't tell from the photos. Things like what they smell like and if any parts are slimy or sticky.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineIdLeMiND
Stranger

Re: Help ID please! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1947304 - 09/24/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hey its all right 9, i know what ya mean. Well i dont have the brown one around anymore, just the red one. I'm attempting (first try ever)to take a spore print right now.. The top of it is rather smooth, and velvety. It smells really... mushroomy, lol And on the underside there are pores instead of gills. i'll post the print soon as its ready! thanks a lot

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1949358 - 09/24/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

the second one is definately a boletus (if i were to write that singularly would it be 'boleti'?) ie in the genus boletus. the marks on the stem and cap and the color of the gills tell me that. the spore print will probably be olive-brown.

there are many of these small red boletes and they often confusing to identify, so we will need an ACCURATE description, try comparing your mushroom to a boletus description online and listing all the things it lists as they apply to your mushroom adding any other significant details.

an important feature that would help in the id is whether or not the mushroom stains blue upon bruising, especially the pore surface. the exact proportions of the mushroom would also help. also try tasting a small piece of the cap and chewing it for 10-15 seconds. you are looking for a specific taste in your mouth. spit it out afterwards. one more thing: is the the pore surface yellow in YOUNG specimens?

^^^^^^ this is a guide to your description, include other things you feel are significant ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
914 topic views. 2 members, 18 guests and 27 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.