Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
drying/storing shrooms.... wha!? Best method please.
    #1945188 - 09/23/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've read all the drying FAQs. Epsom salt seemed to be the easiest, but then people were saying it doesn't work. Dri-Rite apparently has the tendency to get into your shrooms and make you thirsty when you trip. Is a desiccant really necessary? Can't I just fan dry them? It's been 24 hours under a high powered fan and my shrooms aren't cracker dry.

Now, on to storage. There's a few different methods but all seem to contradict each other. I'd like to store them for like six months without losing potency. I'm not into using Freon or anything. I want to keep it as simple as putting them in a jar in the freezer, but even then there's special things you have to look out for.

What's the easiest method to use with things readily available in your home, or if I must make a purchase, that costs under $5. I don't want extensive, technologically advanced do-dads and gadgets.

What do you use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRobbyrob
Cubensis seeker

Loc: Earth
Re: drying/storing shrooms.... wha!? Best method please. [Re: Superbowl Bob]
    #1945203 - 09/23/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i have done this many many times with good results. Just place all shrooms harvest on a paper towel in front of a fan for about 24-48 hours until they become cracker dry. then place in ziplock and throw in fridge.

Rob

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Re: drying/storing shrooms.... wha!? Best method please. [Re: Robbyrob]
    #1945232 - 09/23/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

and they'll last 6 months? In plastic? I heard plastic turns your shrooms to mush because they let air in, and therefore a glass jar is better. And so is the freezer.

Offlinepointdexter
Stranger
    #1945279 - 09/23/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

they will last six months (or longer) in plastic bags in the fridge if they are cracker dry. only if they are fresh do they need to 'breathe'. however, i thought that you could never get them cracker dry without using a dessicant of some sort after fan drying. i just leave mine in front of a fan on top of tin foil for 1-2 days, then throw in an air tight tupperware container on top of a paper towel with about 1/2" of damp rid in the bottom for a couple more days until they are completly dry. for storage i just use zip locks in the fridge, havent had a chance to test how long they last though, as they are usually gone within a couple weeks max.

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Re: drying/storing shrooms.... wha!? Best method please. [Re: pointdexter]
    #1945291 - 09/23/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I only have about 7g dry after my first half ass flush. I have 4 mycobag cakes that have been sitting on perlite for only a day now, so I'm expecting more soon. I just want to be prepared.

I guess I'll try damp rid so I don't fuck up any of my cookie sheets with epsom.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: drying/storing shrooms.... wha!? Best method please. [Re: pointdexter]
    #1945292 - 09/23/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Whoever said that Epsom Salts doesn't work, has either nevr tried it or did not do it right. I've never used anything else and my mushrooms snap it you try to bend them because they are so dry. I can rub them between two fingers and grind them into powder.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #1945297 - 09/23/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The salt won't do anything to you cookie sheets if you clean them right after use.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Re: drying/storing shrooms.... wha!? Best method please. [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1945318 - 09/23/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

then it's done...epsom salt it is. Goin to the store now to get salt, tupperware, and a screen.

After they're dry, can I just put them in a jar, broken up (or ground?), and place them in the freezer?

This way I can scoop out a few grams of powder in my morning cereal ;-)

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1945333 - 09/23/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

storing them in my belly is a highly recomended method but they really don't keep too long that way

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates