Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA!
    #1944927 - 09/23/03 05:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well no shit. but do the anti-drug crusaders realize that THEY are the ones who create it? imagine if weed was completely legal and always had been. imagine if nobody of any rank ever looked down on you for smoking weed. imagine if the cops and all your neighbors didn't give a shit if you grew it. there would never be anything to be paranoid about. problem solved.

on an unrelated note, i was watching 'The Fly' a couple of days a ago i thought it would be cool if we all had little tele-porters beside our computers so we could share and trade weed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: Scratcher]
    #1945243 - 09/23/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

When I went to hear Marc Emory speak in front of the Po-po HQ here, he had something to say about "paranoia".

"Those people in there [pointing to station], they ARE your enemies! They want to take away your freedom! They want to take away all the rights that you have and deserve as a Canadian citizen!

You are NOT paranoid...they ARE out to get you."

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: trendal]
    #1945332 - 09/23/03 07:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

actually, i find that pot can make alot of people (myself included) feel socially awkward, like evryone thinks you suck or youre too high or thats theyre all talking about you and demeaning you behind your back.

it can make it hard to be social for the irrational fear (paranoia) of being singled out and excommunicated for being yourself. alot of people have confided in me this phenomena.
quite frankly i dont know anybody who is HALF as paranoiud as they SHOULD be about the cops.

--------------------

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1945591 - 09/23/03 08:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

quite frankly i dont know anybody who is HALF as paranoiud as they SHOULD be about the cops

Nah, they're just practicing good paranoia management.  :smirk: 

Offlineclam_dude
stranger in astrange land

Loc: twilight zone
    #1945618 - 09/23/03 08:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Marijuana does in fact make you paraniod. It's not just cause of the popo. Think about it. Drugs like E and Coke will get you in even more trouble with the law, but people don't get as paranoid when they're high on those drugs. They will get paranoid about drugs deals and stuff, but not because of the effect.

--------------------
"I would like to thank god for making me an atheist" - Ricky Gervais

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: clam_dude]
    #1945699 - 09/23/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Weed doesn't make me paranoid and I truely believe I'm right and the Law is wrong so I have no problem dealing with them and have never had them come down on me even when completely twisted, I do and can handle them.

"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance" - HST

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: Adom]
    #1945737 - 09/23/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Its no wonder weed makes people paranoid. It has a strong smell, poor profit margin (if you aren't the grower) and generally the guys you have to deal with have to lots of units just so they can feed their own habits, (let alone pay the rent). This is what you might call paranoia of being caught. But might I point out that the paranoid man doesn't take anywhere near as many chances. Paranoia can be a healthy thing to have if you are doing something that you might get caught for, you just can't let it go too far.

The other one is, Like many other drugs, marijuana exacerbates existing problems people have and self confidence is a massive problem in the majority of society - so personal paranoia is prevalent in many peoples lives when stoned.

Always in a post like this to avoid people getting on my back for giving mj a bit of "stick" I will say that alcohol is far worse at reducing normal people to idiots. Its not paranoia in alcohol, its aggression and general bad vibes.

I HATE the vibes around places of drinking.

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: utopianglory]
    #1945767 - 09/23/03 09:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I should mention that the title of this thread came from a pamphlet distributed on the net by my city's police department. It just bothered me that they used this claim as ammunition for their cause not realizing that they themselves are the cause of alot of this paranoia.

Quote:

I HATE the vibes around places of drinking

I hear ya. I went to the bar every weekend for over 10 years and because I was always just as pissed as the next guy I never realized how annoying it is to be around drunks.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: clam_dude]
    #1946095 - 09/23/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"Drugs like E and Coke will get you in even more trouble with the law, but people don't get as paranoid when they're high on those drugs."

Bad example. Overuse of any stimulant will introduce you to a kind of paranoia unimaginable from just weed.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: Phluck]
    #1946147 - 09/23/03 11:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yeah.. you also have a high likelyhood of people commiting crimes against you the longer you abuse stimulants. either you will owe, or people will want what you have. fortunately, i have no first hand experience with this.

the same can be true with weed. so i can say, most paranoia due to drugs is from the illegality of the substances and the shady people that deal in them.

although, you are absolutely right, abusing coke, meth, or other stimulants will have you delusional after an extended amount of time. paranoia from pot smoking and dealing with people while high on pot does not even begin to compare.

Anonymous

#1946176 - 09/23/03 11:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"actually, i find that pot can make alot of people (myself included) feel socially awkward, like evryone thinks you suck or youre too high or thats theyre all talking about you and demeaning you behind your back.

it can make it hard to be social for the irrational fear (paranoia) of being singled out and excommunicated for being yourself. alot of people have confided in me this phenomena.
quite frankly i dont know anybody who is HALF as paranoiud as they SHOULD be about the cops. "

yeah man.. . i agree totally.

Anonymous

Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: ]
    #1947351 - 09/24/03 11:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think we have just been conditioned to think we are being paranoid.
they try to make us think that we are doing something wrong.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
    #1948095 - 09/24/03 03:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Does it? Who told you that? Was it the guy in the brown hat? It was was'nt it, he's been followin' me for days now!
Just smile and nod....slowly....walkin'away............RUN!!!!

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1948376 - 09/24/03 05:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I live in Holland so I don't have to worry about cops. I can smoke weed in public places. I still get paranoid sometimes. Usually when I am alone. Thoughts like; did I lock the door? :smile:
I guess it's just a side effect of weed.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinealakona
at least i'm not Poid.
 User Gallery

Loc: ville.
    #1949222 - 09/24/03 09:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
actually, i find that pot can make alot of people (myself included) feel socially awkward, like evryone thinks you suck or youre too high or thats theyre all talking about you and demeaning you behind your back.

Wow, thats me to a T. We must be soulmates  :heartpump:

--------------------
making you want to be a better person since 2008.

TrippinTeddy said:
sometimes when I'm raping a bitch, I like to tickle her ribs and under neath her arms, and I say "loosen up bitch, lets have fun now because if I have to kill your squirming ass, only one of us will be having fun, and you can't have a party all by yourself can you?" Then its usually all laughs and good times from there.

leftysurprise said:
  ive been fucking praying for 2 years that she would just get over her phobia of jizz and take a load right down the gullet for me.

Anonymous

#1979235 - 10/04/03 04:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
"actually, i find that pot can make alot of people (myself included) feel socially awkward, like evryone thinks you suck or youre too high or thats theyre all talking about you and demeaning you behind your back.

quite frankly i dont know anybody who is HALF as paranoiud as they SHOULD be about the cops. "

yeah man.. . i agree totally.

and so do I

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1979361 - 10/04/03 05:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The only thing I'm paranoid about with marijuana, is getting busted with it and locked up in prison with murderers and rapists by some self-righteous do-gooder in the name of the law for being in possession of a fucking plant.

Other than that, when I'm stoned, I'm fine in social situations. It doesn't make me paranoid, just paranoid of cops trying to lock me in a cage. That's a healthy paranoia, or am I wrong?

Does this kind of propaganda exist in Canada? I was pretty sure it does, but not nearly to the extent that they take it in the US. Man, you should see some of the anti-pot commercials they put on TV.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1980062 - 10/05/03 12:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
quite frankly i dont know anybody who is HALF as paranoiud as they SHOULD be about the cops.

being yourself in general can make you antisocial for the fear of being singled out and excommunicated. And actually, while your quote is true, smoking weed can actually help you make freinds when your young, as an adult its a whole other story, I assume.

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: domite]
    #1980899 - 10/05/03 10:27 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

im paranoid on shrooms not weed, weed im melow on.

GLAD to know this. man... :tongue:

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Loc: Maillardville, Coquitlam,...
Re: WARNING: MARIJUANA CAUSES PARANOIA! [Re: Told]
    #4931370 - 11/14/05 07:22 AM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

lol

Quote:

The only thing I'm paranoid about with marijuana, is getting busted with it and locked up in prison with murderers and rapists by some self-righteous do-gooder in the name of the law for being in possession of a fucking plant.

Other than that, when I'm stoned, I'm fine in social situations. It doesn't make me paranoid, just paranoid of cops trying to lock me in a cage. That's a healthy paranoia, or am I wrong?

thats true! and me too. I get soo much more paranoiea smoking a joint in the public than tripping balls (acid)on public. but I live in BC so I dont really worry about it too much except if I'm carrying quite a bit.

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

"Blessed are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub