Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Bulk Substrate - Is this working?
    #1944755 - 09/23/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Poo - Horse. aged maybe a month, dry througout
Straw- big bale of nice yellow straw

Mixed them up really good, so all the straw was coated in poo and still some nice big chunks of poop in the straw. Into the pillowcase it went, 160-180 for 95 minutes, then I let it cool in that water for a while. After it dripdried overnight, I sqqqueeezed some of the water out of it (th oeverything was still soaked when I mixed it). I mixed it with crushed upPF cakes. Now I can see the chunks of PF cake in the stuff are growing, and it looks like their is more mycelia, but looking in at it from the sides (I incubate in clear contaienrs so I can see the mycelia/watch for contams, then I duct tape them when I go to fruit). I would have to say that the mycelia is growing but i'mnot sure if it's colonizing the straw/dung. My incubator was a bit full so I couldn't incubate it it's first 3 days, now it's been incubating for 3 more days, what should this look like? Should it be one total block of mycelia? Can I case it before the mcyelia has colonized every bit of the straw/poo?

gracias

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Bulk Substrate - Is this working? [Re: lysergic]
    #1944769 - 09/23/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

assuming you did everything right, and it sounds like you did, it'll be a big block of colonized substrate in 10-14 days.

i'd tape it up now. who know... it could pin prematurely, and if it does contam in there, nothing you can do about it anyway.

wait until it's totally colonized before casing if you care about a good pinset.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bulk Substrate - Is this working? [Re: ]
    #1944779 - 09/23/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Cool, thanks. If I cased and continually patched, would that work? I'm gonna wait it out, I was just kurious

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Anonymous

Re: Bulk Substrate - Is this working? [Re: lysergic]
    #1944788 - 09/23/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i've never bothered with patching, and i've never cased without waiting for full colonization... so i don't know...

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Bulk Substrate - Is this working? [Re: ]
    #1945114 - 09/23/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It is ok if you can't put it into the incubator. Large amounts of colonizing bulk substrate do not need help with temps as much as say a jar or a casing would. It creates a bit of heat in there as it is.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Bulk Substrate - Is this working? [Re: SixCee]
    #1945170 - 09/23/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if it doesnt look like any bulk is colonizing, it may be too moist. i never had much success with poo cos it kept being too saturated.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bulk Substrate - Is this working? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #1945597 - 09/23/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hrm... I notice that the mycelia is certaintly growing, it just doesn't look like it's growing onto the straw.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate