Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land, Ohio
Any UFC fans 'round here? * 1
    #19377402 - 01/06/14 02:09 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't see a UFC thread so I was wondering if anyone here is a fan? Been watching about 10 years now and I might finally be going to my first UFC event soon!!

--------------------
I don't mind being ogled, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule.
If you consider the source, it's kinda pitiful
The only thing you really know about me is.....That's all you'll ever know!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: art2312] * 1
    #19378183 - 01/06/14 05:20 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I used to watch it quite a bit.

Now pretty much never watch it anymore.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #19378202 - 01/06/14 05:24 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, why not?

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#19378281 - 01/06/14 05:38 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Not really sure just not as interested I suppose.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #19378537 - 01/06/14 06:20 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I don't like how the fighters get wrapped up and don't do shit for minutes at a time. Same as boxing, I get sick of watching two fags hugging each other. If it's wrestling that's going somewhere, that's fine, but when it's just one dude holding his opponent still that's gay and boring as shit. They need to break that shit up and deduct points. People may shit when when I say this but I love old boxing clips where they just stand there and slug. A lot of that boring wrap up shit started with Ali. The last Klitschko fight was a fucking abomination. Make them fight for fuck's sake.

Also, it's hard to follow. I actually like TUF because at least you get to know a little about the fighters.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: TheFakeSunRa] * 1
    #19379171 - 01/06/14 08:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I 100% agree with that... but that's only a few of the fighters that really do that now. MMA is definitely evolving for the better, as is UFC. I can't get enough of the UFC. I just ordered the two month trial for "the fight pass" which lets me see pretty much every fight in their history, which is sic!

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: TheFakeSunRa] * 1
    #19407006 - 01/12/14 05:50 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
People may shit when when I say this but I love old boxing clips where they just stand there and slug.

Marvelous Marvin Hagler vs Thomas the Hitman Hearns for the middleweight championship. It's on YouTube. A great 3 round fight and a lot of people think it's the best first round in history.

Didn't mean to derail the UFC topic.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #19444315 - 01/19/14 08:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i enjoy watching it but following all the fighters is damn near impossible.

--------------------

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: rackem] * 1
    #19444394 - 01/19/14 08:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rackem said:
i enjoy watching it but following all the fighters is damn near impossible.

No doubt! And now they have the ultimate fighter going on in like five or six other countries and they are still expanding! Man, I bet Dana and the fertidas (I know I spelled it wrong, sorry) are sure glad they didn't sell it to the Guy that owns ATT! UFC should take the place of baseball in the "major four" sports in the U.S. lol

--------------------

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

#19444406 - 01/19/14 08:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

its getting there. boxing is going to be a thing of the passed.

i still dont really care for dana, but what he has done for the sport is pretty cool.

now only if bellator would get their head in the game.

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
    #19444722 - 01/19/14 09:30 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty new to it, but I'm a huge fan. It took me a while to get into it but last march I finally warmed up to it and now I'm hooked. I love and practice martial arts anyway so why not? It's a great sport and a great new venture into the sports universe. It's basically the evolutionary edge of martial arts. I wish Bruce Lee was still around, he'd be involved for sure just like Gene Lebell is.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: solstice] * 1
    #19444855 - 01/19/14 09:53 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

But would Bruce and Gene be able to be well rounded enough to be really successful? Bruce, probably....that would present some interesting matches... how big was he? 160ish?

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #19444938 - 01/19/14 10:13 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

rackem said:
its getting there. boxing is going to be a thing of the passed.

Boxing will be fine. It's actually doing fantastic right now. It's a niche sport and will never be mainstream (which is how I like it), but the fan base is as strong as ever. HBO and Showtime's boxing coverage are pulling in strong ratings every time they air a fight -- and both, who are the top premium cable networks out there, have contracts with boxing that have been there for the last several decades and will continue to do so. The Floyd/Canelo pay per view fight sold to 2 and a half million homes, a pay per view record. For any sport.

Boxing is fine.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #19444943 - 01/19/14 10:13 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Back to UFC talk.

--------------------

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

#19445426 - 01/19/14 11:46 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Damn.....2.5 million? Wow...but how far off is that number to an average boxing event? And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? It seems like the people that really grew up on boxing will never fully embrace MMA, they are loyal to boxing, and that's awesome but what happens when this generation is done and gone? You guys think boxing will be as big? Or will MMA take over and turn "boxing" into an MMA style?

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#19445527 - 01/20/14 12:19 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

art2312 said:
Damn.....2.5 million? Wow...but how far off is that number to an average boxing event? And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? It seems like the people that really grew up on boxing will never fully embrace MMA, they are loyal to boxing, and that's awesome but what happens when this generation is done and gone? You guys think boxing will be as big? Or will MMA take over and turn "boxing" into an MMA style?

2.5 mil is of course not your run of the mil sales number -- that was the biggest boxing fight in recent memory. Floyd fights average 1 mil to 1.5 and Pacquiao fights over the years around 800K to 1.3 million. Other lesser named boxing PPVs draw around 500K to 700K.

And I'm 30. I grew up on Tyson and De La Hoya and that's when I became a fan. I frequent a boxing site (boxingscene.com) that is probably the biggest boxing forum in the world -- it draws a very sizable number of fans from all over the globe (I've even heard Mayweather mention it by name on occasion) and the predominant age bracket is 25 to 35. Lol we're not a bunch of old geezers reminiscing on Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. I don't think that's what you were implying, but just sayin'. There's a bunch of young, stud boxers (Danny Garcia, Gennady Golovkin, Canelo Alvarez to name a few) coming up right now and a young generation who are fans of them right behind it.

I have nothing at all against the UFC. Am I follower? I'm not, but I have a great deal of respect for what they've accomplished. I'm not here to bash the UFC or try to debate which is better. There's more than enough room for both to succeed. But I think there's a misconception by some who don't follow boxing who think that boxing is disappearing. It's not. In fact it's as strong as ever. Otherwise premium pay networks like HBO and Showtime wouldn't waste their time and money covering it.

I think both sports will remain strong (as far as niche sports go, both will never be mainstream like the NFL or NBA for instance) well into the future.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#19445539 - 01/20/14 12:23 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

And by the way I'm not the lone boxing guy on this forum. We have a pretty deep discussion (25 pages or so) on here. I'll bump it just as an example.

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#19446261 - 01/20/14 06:32 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

art2312 said:
But would Bruce and Gene be able to be well rounded enough to be really successful? Bruce, probably....that would present some interesting matches... how big was he? 160ish?

I'm not saying they would fight. I'm saying they'd be involved: training guys ( and gals ), coaching, promoting etc. In fact, Gene Lebell is a big part of Team  Ronda Rousey. Also, Bruce was more like 130-140 pounds if I'm not mistaken. Not more than 150, I'm pretty sure.

With Bruce Lee, working on The Green Hornet.

And I couldn't resist posting this one

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Edited by solstice (01/20/14 06:34 AM)

Offlineart2312
wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Any UFC fans 'round here? [Re: solstice] * 1
    #19449248 - 01/20/14 07:02 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

@Niffle - oh yeah, I'm not trying for a debate or argument lol :smile: I didn't realize that boxing is as big as it is! It makes sense, how well would MMA do if you couldn't box lol... every round starts standing :smile: I guess I just didn't realize it because I grew up in south Fla (Miami area) and that has turned into MMA training HQ! so naturally everyone really only watches MMA down there....shit, my wife grew up 4 doors down from "Killa B" Ben Saunders (former UFC fight, now in bellator)
@solstice - lol, I thought you meant if they fought. With out a doubt, they would both make tremendous coaches! And I know about Gene lol, the one person I would leave my wife for is Ronda lol... by far my favorite woman to watch! EVERYONE knows she's coming in with the intent to break an arm off, yet no one can stop her from doing what she wants. And she's got that "This is me. You dont like me, then don't watch me" attitude :smile:

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#19449325 - 01/20/14 07:19 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

@solstice - lol, I thought you meant if they fought. With out a doubt, they would both make tremendous coaches! And I know about Gene lol, the one person I would leave my wife for is Ronda lol... by far my favorite woman to watch! EVERYONE knows she's coming in with the intent to break an arm off, yet no one can stop her from doing what she wants. And she's got that "This is me. You dont like me, then don't watch me" attitude :smile:

Yeah man. She's badass for sure. I hope you're planning to watch UFC 170 where she'll face Sarah MacMann. I don't think she's a '' one-trick poney '' but I cannot help but think of Cody McKenzie when I see Ronda fight. He's similar in that he mostly ends his fight using a guillotine choke even though people know it's coming. He ends up succeeding anyway that bastard! :lol:

--------------------

Edited by solstice (01/20/14 07:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder