Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Starting Hunting
    #1942819 - 09/22/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've decided I'm going to take up the hobby of mushroom hunting, I've always been incredibly interested in the classification and identification of mushrooms and now I'd like to become learned in this field. I live in Southern British Columbia, Vancouver area. I'm thinking of going to a nearby Nature Park for my first hunt, it's a forest with lots of trails and foliage, etc I think it would be a good place to start.

I'm wondering if anyone might have some general places where I could go, like certain areas, maybe forests or lawns or whatever. I'd just like a general idea of places I could find mushrooms to help me get started. It's basically the same climat here as it is down in Washington and I knew we have lotsa hunters down there.

Any help is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedavidg47
Bellinghamster
Loc: Bellingham
Re: Starting Hunting [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #1942862 - 09/22/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the hunting scene. I assume you're looking for the hallucinogenic type of mushrooms and I'll flow the info that directions. First of all, read read and read some more. There is so much useful info at the shroomery. Use the search engine, visit MJ's site. Figure out what's growing in your area and what kind of habitat they prefer. There's basically pasture, grass and wood loving mushrooms with different peculiarities and growing needs. Read the sticky threads in the hunting forum especially if you're going to ask for an ID. And NEVER NEVER EVER eat any mushroom you pick unless it's a 100% ID. If you follow the guidelines, the experts here are more than helpful and genial in identifying your finds. As far as general tips for hunting...I've heard some people find mushrooms on the UBC campus. Go to parks and look in mulch that isn't cedar (the reddish, beauty-bark type mulch). Look in lush lawns that get sprinkled. Look in new lawns. If you wanna try your hand at some liberty caps, read up on them and go out to the fields that have or have recently had cows, sheep, horses, etc. Always be careful and always read. Don't be afraid to ask questios. And again, never eat something that isn't 100% IDed. Good luck.

--------------------
"You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink (or mushroom)"

OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Re: Starting Hunting [Re: davidg47]
    #1942892 - 09/22/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

UBC Campus eh? Hmm I may head down there sometime soon. I'm planning on making a trip downtown to various drug place (Coffeehouses mainly, Blunt Brothers) and maybe finding out a bit of info.

And it's not ONLY hallucinogenic ones I'm looking for, I'm interested in all types of fungi, but halluginogenic ones are always a treat :wink:

These people near me recently put a new lawn down, like where people come in and just take out your lawn and put a new one in, I don't know what the procedure is called. Should I check there sometime?

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Starting Hunting [Re: davidg47]
    #1942911 - 09/22/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Good advice.

If you want to learn to hunt mushrooms, start by going out and collecting some.

DON'T collect every mushroom in sight in a pile, then ask what they are.

DO go out and collect a few species carefully. Note their habitat. Keep different kinds separate. Stick with relatively distinctive species at first.

Good luck and happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Re: Starting Hunting [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1942946 - 09/22/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Would it be wise to maybe take a few notes? Like of course I'll bring a few bags, and then for each species I pick up I could write down habitat and any other helpful notes? I suppose I may need this since there should be a fair ammount of different fungi growing in this Nature Park. Is this a good idea?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order