Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
bad trip... why ?
    #1941917 - 09/22/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

a while ago, I planned to go at my cottage for tripping with a girl I know. I wasnt very experienced with shrooms ( im not much more now to be honest :wink: ), I had tripped perhaps 4 or 5 times before that one.
I dicided to go for 2.5g for me and the girl, more than I had ever did before. I had done 1.5 and 2g before I think.
So we're there, we eat our dose.
5 min later, I begin to have very slight OEV, and I begin to feel them comin in... I tought WTF ?! 5 min later ?! :eek:

I began to think something about these shrooms were not normal

To make a short story, It was a bad trip for both of us, but it was way worst for me. I blacked out, I even broke some stuff and I was kinda violent ( not toward the girl, at least! )
I dont remember much of it, but I remember it WASNT fun  :smirk:
A good point of this was the OEV 1h after I took them... Never had as much of them in my life, everything was moving, I didnt know at times if my eyes were closed or not, things like that, That part was pretty cool, perhaps too much intense tho. Even with 2g, my previous experience were not even close to be this intense. I had the impression I had taken 5g !

Whats your opinion about that? I think these shrooms was perhaps rotten or something... It takes at least 30 min before I feel anything usually. I had the shrooms for perhaps 2 months, in my fridge   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: bad trip... why ? [Re: Gus]
    #1942095 - 09/22/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i doubt the shrooms were rotten. mebbe you hadnt eaten in a while before consumption? also, you should always have somebody sober to take care of you, if your in the least inexperienced with what your doing. let it be a learning experience. its your choice to make this "bad trip" a productive one.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: bad trip... why ? [Re: entiformatie]
    #1942198 - 09/22/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

thats a normal psychosis to go into under the psychdelic experience. thinking u mighta ate poisonusmushrooms etc cause u feel all fucked up.. this is common 

if the shrooms were dried and in the fridge.. for whatever reason as long asthey were dried they wouldentcontain enough water to let a baterial infection breed, if they were fresh and in the fridge for 2 monthes then yes they mighta been rottin, but ud of only had a food poisoning reaction 12-24 hours after ingestion.. so basicly ur safe in that zone.
u just was visited with a touch of sister psychosis

obivously temporary psychosis tho :wink:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #1942269 - 09/22/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

5 min? placebo?

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Re: bad trip... why ? [Re: Adden]
    #1942600 - 09/22/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I dont need any sitter for 2.5g.
Ive done it after and it was not even close to be as intense as this trip was

"thats a normal psychosis to go into under the psychdelic experience. thinking u mighta ate poisonusmushrooms etc cause u feel all fucked up.. this is common "

ok perhaps Im not very experienced with shrooms but I know they fuck you up and I was ready for that :smirk:

and for the placebo thing, why this has happened to me only once?
Ive done 3g after that and it took 40 min before I got any feeling of the trip

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #1942612 - 09/22/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps you should look placebo up in the dictionary.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Re: bad trip... why ? [Re: Cherk]
    #1942632 - 09/22/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I know what it means and I saw some pretty funny examples of people getting 'high' after they took a pill of vitamin C and shit like that  :smirk:

I wasnt thinking Ill start to trip after 5 min, plus my friend start feeling it 10 min after ingestion.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1942650 - 09/22/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if you hold the shrooms in your mouth while chewing/are on an empty stomach they will kick in in 5 mins, they always do for me...

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1942681 - 09/22/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you say you dont need a sitter at 2.5 grams, but then what do you have to say about flipping out and getting violent? some really bad shit could have happened. its not a bad thing to need a sitter. its pretty normal. up until your extremely experienced with a dose (lower doses tend to require less experience, because there is less to understand about the effects at lower doses), you should have a sitter, and prolly always for those much higher doses that people tend to lose control at

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Re: bad trip... why ? [Re: entiformatie]
    #1942711 - 09/22/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well, first off, I find having someone sober next to me while im tripping to be quite annoying.
And 2.5g is not a really high dose IMO, I just cant understand what happened this night
Perhaps these shrooms were more potent than my usual shrooms :confused:

I didnt hold them in my mouth and I had eaten 2h before if my memory's right

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1943165 - 09/23/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"I began to think something about these shrooms were not normal"

This is very trickey in my opinion - it can get hard to balance paranoia/"safety?" with one's anxiousness to trip "unleashed."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleDoseR
slacker
    #1943554 - 09/23/03 05:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you can get exact weights with shrooms, but not exact percentages of active compounds. a person can never be totally certain what to expect as far as how hard they will trip per weight of dried shrooms (or fresh for that matter).

i ate an eighth last night and didn't trip as hard as i did 4th of july from a single 2 gram chocolate.

as for the experience itself.. there's your more "casual" psychedelic experience. which is the one most people aim to reach. then there is your intense, full on psychedelic experience. this one can be bumpy, but is what you see the experienced psychonauts talking about.

most people can handle the "casual" experience, but the true essence of psychedelic drugs is not for everyone. what you "see" may be something you don't want to deal with.

--------------------
Look at me! http://myspace.com/asininegenius

OfflineSmurfydoo
result of Scoobyand Smurf loveaffair
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle WA
Re: bad trip... why ? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1943582 - 09/23/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Have all of your trips been on the same species of mushroom and ingested in the same way? (fresh/dry? Tea/eat?)
It could have simply been that you felt responsible for the girls safety.
Everytime I've ever doubted the wisdom of eating mushrooms has been when I had a less experienced tripper that I felt some responsibility towards.

--------------------
Smurfydoo
---------------------

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Re: bad trip... why ? [Re: Smurfydoo]
    #1943795 - 09/23/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Each time I tripped was with Cubes but it was the first time I ate them alone... Others times a tripped, I ate them in spaghetti or in a sandwich. I never tought about that, perhaps thats the reason why it kicked my ass  :crazy2:

And it was the first time for the girl, I was feeling very responsible toward her, thats true.

Well, At least I learned a lot about myself and I respect the shrooms lot more now :wink: 

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #1947101 - 09/24/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah ive had trips like that...I took two grams, and it was kinda fucked up, i began seeing faces in the sky 15 minutes after consuption...It was like a very compact trip (lasted 2 hours) , and visuals were chaotic, violent, very overwhelming...I also had very strong nausea whenever i moved...lol it was funny staying two hours on a sofa always in the same position, telling my friends i would vomit if i moved :tongue:

I guess maybe sometimes your brain isnt in the mood for taking mushrooms or something :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag