Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Bush haters examined.
    #1941782 - 09/22/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What Makes the Bush-Haters So Mad?
First, it was how he got the job. Now, it's how much he's doing with it
By CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER

Monday, Sep. 22, 2003
Bill Moyers may have his politics, but his deferential demeanor and almost avuncular television style made him the Mr. Rogers of American politics. So when he leaves his neighborhood to go to a "Take Back America" rally and denounces George W. Bush's "government of, by and for the ruling corporate class," leading a "right-wing wrecking crew" engaged in "a deliberate, intentional destruction of the United States way of governing," you know that something is going on.

That something is the unhinging of the Democratic Party. Democrats are seized with a loathing for President Bush ? a contempt and disdain giving way to a hatred that is near pathological ? unlike any since they had Richard Nixon to kick around. An otherwise reasonable man, Julian Bond of the N.A.A.C.P., speaks of Bush's staffing his Administration with "the Taliban wing of American politics." Harold Meyerson, editor at large of The American Prospect, devotes a 3,000-word article to explaining why Bush is the most dangerous President in all of American history ? his only rival being Jefferson Davis.

The puzzle is where this depth of feeling comes from. Bush's manner is not particularly aggressive. He has been involved in no great scandals, Watergate or otherwise. He is, indeed, not the kind of politician who radiates heat. Yet his every word and gesture generate heat ? a fury and bitterness that animate the Democratic primary electorate and explain precisely why Howard Dean has had such an explosive rise. More than any other candidate, Dean has understood the depth of this primal anti-Bush feeling and has tapped into it.

Whence the anger? It begins of course with the "stolen" election of 2000 and the perception of Bush's illegitimacy. But that is only half the story. An illegitimate President winning a stolen election would be tolerable if he were just a figurehead, a placeholder, the kind of weak, moderate Republican that Democrats (and indeed many Republicans) thought George Bush would be, judging from his undistinguished record and tepid 2000 campaign. Bush's great crime is that he is the illegitimate President who became consequential ? revolutionizing American foreign policy, reshaping economic policy and dominating the political scene ever since his emergence as the post-9/11 war President.

Before that, Bush could be written off as an accident, a transitional figure, a kind of four-year Gerald Ford. And then came 9/11. Bush took charge, declared war, and sent the country into battle twice, each time bringing down enemy regimes with stunning swiftness. In Afghanistan, Bush rode a popular tide; Iraq, however, was a singular act of presidential will.

That will, like it or not, has remade American foreign policy. The Bush Revolution in Foreign Policy is the subtitle of a new book by two not very sympathetic scholars, Ivo Daalder and James Lindsay. The book is titled America Unbound. The story of the past two years could just as well be titled Bush Unbound. The President's unilateral assertion of U.S. power has redefined America's role in the world. Here was Bush breaking every liberal idol: the ABM Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol, deference to the U.N., subservience to the "international community." It was an astonishing performance that left the world reeling and the Democrats seething. The pretender had not just seized the throne. He was acting like a king. Nay, an emperor.

On the domestic front, more shock. Democrats understand that the Bush tax cuts make structural changes that will long outlive him. Like the Reagan cuts, they will starve the government of revenue for years to come. Add to that the Patriot Act and its (perceived) assault on fundamental American civil liberties, and Bush the Usurper becomes more than just consequential. He becomes demonic.

The current complaint is that Bush is a deceiver, misleading the country into a war, after which there turned out to be no weapons of mass destruction. But it is hard to credit the deception charge when every intelligence agency on the planet thought Iraq had these weapons and, indeed, when the weapons there still remain unaccounted for. Moreover, this is a post-facto rationale. Sure, the aftermath of the Iraq war has made it easier to frontally attack Bush. But the loathing long predates it. It started in Florida and has been deepening ever since Bush seized the post-9/11 moment to change the direction of the country and make himself a President of note.

Which is why the Democratic candidates are scrambling desperately to out-Dean Dean. Their constituency is seized with a fever, and will nominate whichever candidate feeds it best. Political fevers are a dangerous thing, however. The Democrats last came down with one in 1972?and lost 49 states.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush haters examined. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1941812 - 09/22/03 05:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Another good one..

Angry Democrats: Lost Birthright
Why they hate Bush as much as Republicans once hated FDR.

BY ROBERT L. BARTLEY
Monday, September 22, 2003 12:01 a.m. EDT

To protect democracy, three judges of the far-left Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals have just canceled elections in California. The last horselaugh, I'd hope, for the Democratic charge that Republicans are subverting democracy. As we saw in this space last week, the charge was already a pretty silly explanation of the patent anger surging through the Democratic primaries.

The anger must have deeper, perhaps subconscious roots. So let me put the Democratic base on the couch and offer my own speculation. The party's most ardent adherents are angry because they feel they've lost their birthright.

That is to say, base Democrats think of themselves as the best people: the most intelligent and informed, the most public spirited, the most morally pure. This self-image has become more than a little shopworn over the years, and now George Bush's conservative Republicans threaten to strip it away. Inevitably such Democrats are angry.

Consider the purely political side: The Democratic Party held the House of Representatives for 40 years and the Senate and White House for most of an era reaching back to World War II. Today the Democrats' last toehold on political power is the ability to muster 40 votes to sustain a filibuster in the Senate--a not-so-democratic tactic it is using in unprecedented ways to sustain the judicial imperialism on display with the Democratic appointees on the Ninth Circuit.

The party's future bids further decline, despite the narrowness of the 2000 presidential election, and despite the Republican president's momentarily fading poll numbers. In the 2004 elections, the Senate races include 19 seats now held by Democrats and 15 held by Republicans. All but maybe two of the Republicans seem safe, while three Democratic incumbents have already announced their resignations. Of the 19 Democratic seats at stake, 10 are in "red" states carried by President Bush in 2000.

The midterm 2002 elections have been largely overlooked, further, but were a historical Republican success. Almost always an incumbent president's party suffers congressional losses in its first midterm elections, but the Republicans regained Senate control and added to their House majority. The nationwide House vote was 51% Republican and 46% Democratic. In state legislatures, Republicans gained 141 seats, winning a nationwide majority for the first time since 1952.

Looking at these results, Michael Barone speculates in the new edition of the Almanac of American Politics, "It may be that history will record the years 1995-2001, when there was parity between the two parties and when Clinton was re-elected and Al Gore came so close to being elected, as a Clinton detour within a longer period of Republican majority, something like the Eisenhower detour in majority-Democratic America." This is no sure thing, as Mr. Barone quickly notes. National security was a big Republican plus in 2002, and conceivably it could become a liability in 2004. But still, the specter of a generation in the wilderness haunts the Democratic primaries.

Beyond mere politics, the fading birthright becomes a matter of self-identity. It's possible, we've witnessed, to assert moral superiority while defending the Clinton perjury, sexual escapades, vanishing billing records and last-minute pardons. But politicians, pundits and intellectuals with this record shouldn't expect much moral deference from the rest of us. Indeed, inner doubts about their own moral position is one obvious path to anger.
Even without the Clinton problems, the Democratic Party has descended into a collection of interest groups not bound together by any ideals. So we see scions of inherited wealth berating the "rich," meaning those successful at earning their own money. We see supposed champions of civil rights standing in the schoolhouse door to prevent vouchers that might give a break to black children in the District of Columbia.

We see a highly qualified potential judge filibustered into withdrawal precisely because he's Hispanic, and therefore a threat in ethnic politics. We see that once a martyred president urged us to "share any burden," his brother now belittles the war that toppled Saddam Hussein throwing around reckless and irresponsible charges of "bribing" foreign leaders--his own personal past, by the way, having produced remarkably little reticence.

Yes, above all the war; the self-identity of the Democratic base is still wrapped up in Vietnam. In fact Vietnam started as a liberal, Democratic war, so turning against it had to be justified by assertions of a higher morality, especially among those with student deferments from the draft. The notion that military force was immoral, even that American power was immoral, was deeply imbedded in the psyche of Democratic activists everywhere.

Now comes George Bush asserting that American power will be used pre-emptively to avert terrorist attacks on America, to establish American values as universal values. This so profoundly challenges the activists' self-image that they can only lash out in anger. Not many of them actively hope the U.S. fails in Iraq, of course, but they are in a constant state of denial that it might succeed.

What's more, this challenge is brought to them by a born-again MBA from Midland, Texas. This is a further challenge to their image of the best people, secular Ivy-league intellectuals. And to twist the knife, President Bush actually comes from an aristocratic family and went to prep school, Yale and Harvard. He has rejected these values for those of Texas.

Current Democratic anger will likely in the fullness of time prove to be the rantings of an establishment in the process of being displaced. Come to think of it, they sound like nothing so much as the onetime ire of staid Republicans at Franklin D. Roosevelt as "a traitor to his class."

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1941852 - 09/22/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't bother reading whatever fucked up, idiotic right-wing articles you posted because I can speak for myself about why I think Bush is the worst president ever.

Patriot Act + John Ashcroft + worst environmental record ever + Iraq War + pissing off the entire world + being a corporate whore + imperialist neo-con agenda + massive debt = Worst president ever

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush haters examined. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1941859 - 09/22/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Why how closed minded of you.

Not much of a surprise though.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1941866 - 09/22/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So it's close-minded to speak for myself rather than letting some right-wing fuck speak for me?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1941876 - 09/22/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No, it's closed minded to not at least read other points of view.

You don't have to agree with them, but there's always the possibility you'll learn something new. Or gain some understanding.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1941885 - 09/22/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'll get around to reading them sometime when I don't have better things to do(like watch grass grow). I don't appreciate others lumping me into a group and speaking for me. I read things that seem like they're worth reading. An article that makes assumptions about me and others based my/our dislike for a politician is not a high priority for me.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1941900 - 09/22/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yo... chill the fuck out.  :tongue:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush haters examined. [Re: ]
    #1941905 - 09/22/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ok.  :stoned:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1941911 - 09/22/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I'll get around to reading them sometime when I don't have better things to do(like watch grass grow). I don't appreciate others lumping me into a group and speaking for me. I read things that seem like they're worth reading. An article that makes assumptions about me and others based my/our dislike for a politician is not a high priority for me.

What an angry little boy!

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1941913 - 09/22/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not really angry. I just don't feel like those articles are worth my time. I'll read 'em later just to see how right I am.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1941925 - 09/22/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
So it's close-minded to speak for myself rather than letting some right-wing fuck speak for me?

No, you aren't angry.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1941934 - 09/22/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No, I'm not. I was just making an assumption based on previous articles you've posted.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1941939 - 09/22/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OK. Sure.

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #1941957 - 09/22/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i read the first one...yeah it's really not worth the time. Hey LDS, arent you the guy who always makes a big deal about articles being biased? Wow, that's a complete 180 for you i guess  :wink:

I was going to read the second artilce, but right of the bat it compared bush to FDR and i couldnt stop laughing.  :smirk:

And BTW...that article is stupid as hell. It essentially claims bush opposers hate bush because 9/11 has made him a "president of note" that will be remembered in history...this "apparently" on top of that fact we ALL think he stole the election is just to much to bare for us liberals.....and as a result a seething hatred is manifested!!

AHAHAH  :lol: 

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush haters examined. [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #1941970 - 09/22/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Didn't read it very closely did you.

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #1941976 - 09/22/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

that's a summary of some of the "finer" points of that "in depth analysis"  :smirk:

" It started in Florida and has been deepening ever since Bush seized the post-9/11 moment to change the direction of the country and make himself a President of note."

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1942015 - 09/22/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I hate his freedoms.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Bush haters examined. [Re: Learyfan]
    #1942040 - 09/22/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I just hate him because I had a traumatic experience with a bush as a child I dislike the the letter B followed by the letter U...that's the sole reason,you caught me. :lol: 

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #1942041 - 09/22/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Patriot Act + John Ashcroft + worst environmental record ever + Iraq War + pissing off the entire world + being a corporate whore + imperialist neo-con agenda + massive debt = Worst president ever

lincoln was the worst president ever

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale