Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
my salvia
    #1940593 - 09/22/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Theres my plant and setup. Humidity is 70%. I mist a couple times a day. The soil is Shultz moisture plus. I placed it in soil a few days ago. She looks sort of droopy but the soil is wet. I havent watered the soil since I first planted 4 days ago. I could use some advice to make her happier.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: my salvia [Re: reflectedlight]
    #1940631 - 09/22/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i just potted mine abiut an hour ago an hse looks exactyl the same. noi adviec i resly suckk,

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #1940643 - 09/22/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If it's a new cutting then it's probably droopy because it has too much leaf surface for its new roots (if it has any) to cope with. Most of the water is lost through the leaves, and if it only has new, small roots, or no roots, then it may not be absorbing water fast enough to cope.
I root my cuttings in tap water. I take cuttings about 8" long, and leave the two really tiny leaves at the tip and the next set of leaves on, and trim off the rest. I leave on any side shoots too. I've never noticed any drooping. I root them without hormone, on a windowsill that doesn't get any direct sunlight. I don't do anything to increase humidity, and I have it at normal room temperature. They root in 10-14 days usually.
I can't suggest any advice really, although higher humidity wouldn't hurt.
I can tell you that if you want to grow it in a humidity tent, you are going to need a much bigger one very soon! I got a pre-rooted 1 foot tall cutting at the beginning of spring, I grew it outdoors (in England) over the summer, and it grew to ~5 feet tall, with many branches that were each about a foot long. I've cut it back so that I can bring it in over the winter, and made cuttings from the trimmings, and now I have a total of 11 plants!

See what other people say, but I would be tempted to cut off those two larger leaves... but do get more opinions before taking any action!

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Re: my salvia [Re: Openminded]
    #1940661 - 09/22/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here's a pic, from about 1.5 months ago.

You might notice some "leaf flipping," where a few of the leaves have temporarily turned over. I asked the person who I bought this off if it was something to worry about, apparently it is not. It was back to normal the next day.
It is outside, but in a sheltered position - I quickly found out that salvia does not enjoy wind!

It's growing in a 30cm tub, in 2 parts ericacious compost, 1 part vermiculite, and a few water storage gel granules, which prevent the soil from drying out too easily.

Edited by Openminded (09/22/03 12:40 PM)

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

#1940666 - 09/22/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

heu i diont men need adivece i ment i got noi advice for youi! srryu i shoult post when drunkk>./

OfflineAgarico
arrrf 3 8 7
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
    #1940724 - 09/22/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

[Give her a glass of water now :wink: ]

As soon as it has enough root support (showing new growth) adapt the plant to dry air :laugh: 

Edited by Agarico (09/22/03 01:04 PM)

Invisiblereflectedlight
 User Gallery

Re: my salvia [Re: Agarico]
    #1940783 - 09/22/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I watered her, the leaves were drooping even more and more. All the guides I found about growing s.divinorum say that drooping leaves means she needs to be watered. Hopefully the leaves will gain a little strength.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

#1940805 - 09/22/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Drooping is indicative of insufficient water, obviously. If the soil is wet, then it is possible that it has diseased roots, or even root rot... Unlikely, but it is another possibility :frown: :frown:. Be careful of overwatering a plant that doesn't have well established roots. You want the soil nice and damp but not soggy.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

#1940862 - 09/22/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

heyy i acould do wit some advice actually. i been fighting rott on my cutting and i won. no more rot but cux of weakened stem i had to jeep the stem sealed off in a splint including rootts. oniw went theoiy go evik bvrown before i plant her. couuld it just be eviliiil becuz of lack of oxygenn or do i have to bbattle agin??

Invisiblereflectedlight
 User Gallery

#1941555 - 09/22/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i was mistaken, the soil was pretty dry, was fooled by the darkness of it I guess. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Anyway, heres an update 4 hours later.. the leaves were hanging down right next to the stem before i watered. Heres her now:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies