Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: fapjack]
    #19401761 - 01/10/14 11:53 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It's not easy to function when you're hypomanic.  It fucks with your identity and sense of self when one day you are somebody who is cheery as shit and the next day you're zero fucks Phil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: Hobozen] * 1
    #19401772 - 01/10/14 11:56 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Its hard being depressed, its awesome being chipper though.  Whenever I'm hypomanic I talk to a ton of people, make lots of friends and try to make everyone laugh.  Being depressed is much harder to live with.

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#19401816 - 01/11/14 12:15 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hypomania can be hella embarrassing. 

All I know is that I found the solution to my problem.  That is to say there was a problem to begin with... a disorder.

I do think that many doctors are too short-sighted to recognize the root of the issue.  THAT is the problem.

But the reality is there... there is imbalance and so there are disorders... especially in a world like this. 

And they can be treated.  Mine was.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: Hobozen]
    #19402117 - 01/11/14 02:19 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Glad you found something that helps you, hopefully you never have to see what mania or psychosis ever are.  Hypomania is completely different.

--------------------

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: starfire_xes]
    #19402153 - 01/11/14 02:46 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

greenterror said:
Mental illnesses are simply labels for patterns of behavior.  They're man made.

How do you know that?  What qualifies you to decide what is manmade in medical science? 

You see what I'm saying?  People here are not qualified to know what the science is or is not. 

They are only qualified ot have opinions.

Taht may be, but they form them just the same.. people in general are a bunch of apes.. what do you expect? I have seen a limited number of psyciatrists in my life, but more so.. I have never met anyone that I couldnt teach and correct in their own profession. I am not an educated psyciaatrist.

--------------------
www.piday.org/million/

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#19402213 - 01/11/14 03:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

yea it's nothing compared to psychosis, i've been there.. if i never had gone through that, the hypomania would probably be easier to deal with.  what were we arguing about again?  i gotta put down this k.

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
    #19402219 - 01/11/14 03:20 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blankk said:
yea it's nothing compared to psychosis, i've been there.. if i never had gone through that, the hypomania would probably be easier to deal with.  what were we arguing about again?  i gotta put down this k.

Were I you.. I would stop arguing, just because it is arguing and depletes ones energy and happiness.. sitting down and feeling the good vibes....

--------------------
www.piday.org/million/

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: Icyus]
    #19402224 - 01/11/14 03:23 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

that's what i was trying to say :tongue2:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#19402249 - 01/11/14 03:46 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Lamotrigine got me hypomanic for a couple years, it was like being high on a little bit of ecstasy, without side effects, and I could still do my things and sleep etc.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: starfire_xes]
    #19402352 - 01/11/14 04:35 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Doctor's with Phd's in neuroscience, neurochemistry, etc, can't tell you really or don't understand about how the brain works or why certain things happen in a person brains, but kids with high school degrees on a drug forum can tell you with certainty that bi-polar disorder is made up and doesn't exists.

:lolsy:

This "kid" agress with us :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_the_Clinic

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: greenterror] * 1
    #19402919 - 01/11/14 09:30 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

greenterror said:
They're names created by man to describe a concept, as all words are.

Exactly. All words are created to describe a concept. Take, for example, the word murder. Murder is just a concept, as all words are. Words like war, famine, plague.

Just because schizophrenia is a noun, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. In fact, the reason that we have names for mental illnesses is because they exist.

Quote:

greenterror said:
This indicates to me mental illness is a term for describing patterns of behavior or gifts that are perceived to be outside of 'normal' behavior.

But what is normal?

Normal has a statistical, mathematical definition. It's not just some stupid opinion from some ignorant asshole on the internet.

In this distribution, normal is anything that falls within one standard deviation from the mean.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

Edited by healing (01/11/14 09:32 AM)

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

#19403561 - 01/11/14 12:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blankk said:

Not arguing.  Was just saying that from my own experiences.  Hypomania for me was always easy to deal with, whether or not I embarrassed myself.  Mania on the other hand brings me to a place were I have no fucking clue what I am doing, and can lead me to make decisions that can change my life forever.  Same with psychosis, except with that I can't even go on what my mind is saying at all.

--------------------

Offlinegreenterror
Stranger
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: healing]
    #19403797 - 01/11/14 01:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

healing said:
Quote:

greenterror said:

Exactly. All words are created to describe a concept. Take, for example, the word murder. Murder is just a concept, as all words are. Words like war, famine, plague.

Just because schizophrenia is a noun, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. In fact, the reason that we have names for mental illnesses is because they exist.

Quote:

greenterror said:
This indicates to me mental illness is a term for describing patterns of behavior or gifts that are perceived to be outside of 'normal' behavior.

But what is normal?

Normal has a statistical, mathematical definition. It's not just some stupid opinion from some ignorant asshole on the internet.

In this distribution, normal is anything that falls within one standard deviation from the mean.

The norm in this society seems to be complacent support for those concepts like war and famine.  The norm is people consuming way more of the earth/life than needed.  The norm is that we are destroying our planet at an ever increasing rate.

So is it good to be normal?

--------------------

https://soundcloud.com/dankm dank music

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: greenterror]
    #19406763 - 01/12/14 03:20 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

greenterror said:
Quote:

healing said:
Quote:

greenterror said:

Quote:

greenterror said:

But what is normal?

The norm in this society seems to be complacent support for those concepts like war and famine.  The norm is people consuming way more of the earth/life than needed.  The norm is that we are destroying our planet at an ever increasing rate.

So is it good to be normal?

I don't know. What does normal mean?

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: Icyus]
    #19406784 - 01/12/14 03:34 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Icyus said:
I have never met anyone that I couldnt teach and correct in their own profession.

Ok.  Can you give me a quick refresher on the propogation of electromagnetic fields when the medium isn't a perfect vaccuum.  Thanks.  :smirk:

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offlinesadspacemonkey
!universe!
Female User Gallery

Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: plektheplek]
    #19407614 - 01/12/14 10:03 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Speaking from my own experience, the bi-polar disorder is a fabrication of what I call the "mental health industry" to make a buck. I was diagnosed with bipolar and before that major depression before I decided to take matters into my own hands and get to the root of the issue since the medication did little more than make me a zombie. It took years of hard work, but once I let go of the idea of 'bi-polar' and reprogrammed myself to be happier, appreciate more, and live a healthier lifestyle, I felt MUCH better than I did on the medication and in therapy. I feel that we place too much trust in people just because they have a degree. I feel we should each think for ourselves...many people who are supposedly depressed or bipolar are in fact being mistreated in subtle but very damaging ways by others, even on a spiritual level. Again, this is my own experience that I simply wanted to share. Best of luck to all of you.

--------------------

"I can't be told by anyone how to live. If I said to the minister 'Move from your home' he would think I was mad." Bushman : Botswana

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: sadspacemonkey]
    #19407657 - 01/12/14 10:14 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What I am witnessing is a society of zombies who are drugged to a flatlined state and that is considered to be living a “good life.” If the doctors get the medications balanced just right, the patient has no emotional experience whatsoever. They become an automaton that wakes up, gets dressed, goes about its day, and goes to bed. Over and over and over. There is no experiencing of life. There is no feeling. “Life” becomes a long train of grey day after grey day and even in the moments where there “should be” some sort of feeling, there is none. These magical cocktails of pharmaceuticals wipe away the sorrow and the joy; they neutralize the violent rage and the passionate drive of the creative mind; they take away the nightmares and the beautiful dreams.

When you control, dampen, or stop one emotion, the same is done for all emotions. And because we are human beings, here to FEEL, then, when you control, dampen, or stop one emotion, you are controlling, dampening, or stopping life…
http://www.angiemillgate.com/2013/11/30/fabricated-bipolar-disorder-pt-1-of-3/

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: sadspacemonkey] * 1
    #19408751 - 01/12/14 03:07 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sadspacemonkey said:
Speaking from my own experience, the bi-polar disorder is a fabrication of what I call the "mental health industry" to make a buck. I was diagnosed with bipolar and before that major depression before I decided to take matters into my own hands and get to the root of the issue since the medication did little more than make me a zombie. It took years of hard work, but once I let go of the idea of 'bi-polar' and reprogrammed myself to be happier, appreciate more, and live a healthier lifestyle, I felt MUCH better than I did on the medication and in therapy. I feel that we place too much trust in people just because they have a degree. I feel we should each think for ourselves...many people who are supposedly depressed or bipolar are in fact being mistreated in subtle but very damaging ways by others, even on a spiritual level. Again, this is my own experience that I simply wanted to share. Best of luck to all of you.

This is the goal of psychiatric treatment for bipolar disorder. Some people need meds to get there, some don't. You will always be bipolar, but you spent years struggling to become the healthy person you are today. You have learned coping strategies and have grown beyond the control of your illness by changing your lifestyle. You have become well :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinesadspacemonkey
!universe!
Female User Gallery

Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: healing] * 1
    #19409268 - 01/12/14 05:19 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

This is the goal of psychiatric treatment for bipolar disorder. Some people need meds to get there, some don't. You will always be bipolar, but you spent years struggling to become the healthy person you are today. You have learned coping strategies and have grown beyond the control of your illness by changing your lifestyle. You have become well :thumbup:

From your perspective, there is such a thing as bipolar. I used to believe in it too. Now I believe in existence beyond this world.

I don't believe in bipolar. To me, it's a symptom of a sick world. But I understand where you're coming from. I am far from perfect, but this is where my road has led me and I am far happier for it, in spite of many obstacles and difficulties that have nothing to do with "illness". I am not bipolar, I am the universe (as every other animal, plant, and stone are the universe) that happened to not fit in their square peg. In any case, thanks for reading and the well wishes! Likewise! :smile: <3

--------------------

"I can't be told by anyone how to live. If I said to the minister 'Move from your home' he would think I was mad." Bushman : Botswana

Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
Re: Are we really bi-polar? [Re: sadspacemonkey] * 2
    #19409279 - 01/12/14 05:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sadspacemonkey said:
Now I believe in existence beyond this world.

Looks like you've got bigger issues than bi-polar disorder now.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale