Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Loc: I don't know
FINALLY!!!
    #1940135 - 09/22/03 08:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know what it is but something's finally growing in my jars!! I haven't been able to check on them in like a week and today when I looked in my incubator all of the jars are growing what looks like white, fuzzy mold or something. But considering that this is my first time growing I don't know what mycelium looks like. I hope mycelium is white and fuzzy because if it is then I'm well on my way to some healthy shroomz!

--------------------
Life's a bitch and then you die, fuck the world let's all get high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: FINALLY!!! [Re: Julia]
    #1940169 - 09/22/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

any pics?

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
    #1940174 - 09/22/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

have you read anything around here????

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: FINALLY!!! [Re: PooPs]
    #1940186 - 09/22/03 09:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, I did read, but I also know from opening month old leftovers in my refrigerator that mold can be white too. I wish I could post pics but I don't have a digital camera. My husband has already been told that I want one for Christmas.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1940261 - 09/22/03 10:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Julia said:
Yes, I did read, but I also know from opening month old leftovers in my refrigerator that mold can be white too.  I wish I could post pics but I don't have a digital camera.  My husband has already been told that I want one for Christmas. 

cheap digitals cams
http://www.eBay.com 

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: FINALLY!!! [Re: ]
    #1940447 - 09/22/03 11:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've been looking on ebay for a digital cam, but I have an iMac computer and not all cameras are compatible with the iMac. The ones that are compatible are a bit pricey, and I've got a 6 month old son whose needs are more important than a camera right now. I'll get one sooner or later...

--------------------

OfflineSJR
    #1940474 - 09/22/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You need to find all the info you can about mushrooms julia.

--------------------
Jihad Is a Joke

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1940524 - 09/22/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

1... You should clean out your fridge more often :lipsrsealed:
2... Myc is white fuzzy looking matter (look for pics and read) :lol:
3...That is only one of many steps to success :wink:
4... Get more data on growing mushies  :cool:
5...Good Luck 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: FINALLY!!! [Re: SJR]
    #1940539 - 09/22/03 11:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't learn by reading, I learn by doing. I've read everything about the pf tek and how to cultivate/harvest mushrooms. But until I do it myself and understand how everything works and what everything looks like from a first person perspective, I'm clueless. I highly doubt that everybody is a mushroom expert and has the answer to everything before their first grow. If that was true we wouldn't need these bulletin boards because everybody would be successful on their first grow. But people make mistakes all of the time. Now I'm gonna look like a big fucking idiot if I end up incubating my cakes for another month only to find out that it was cobweb mold I was incubating as opposed to mycelium. I've READ in the contamination forum that the two look very much alike. But that it's easier to distinguish cobweb mold on a fully colonized cake as opposed to a partially colonized cake because the mold will appear gray on the white mycelium. Well guess what? My cakes are not fully colonized. In fact there are only "small spots" of colonization on my cakes. I inoculated my jars on September 2. Today is September 22. Here it is 20 DAYS LATER and now somethings finally growing. How can you be sure it isn't mold? Please fill me in...

--------------------

Anonymous

#1940555 - 09/22/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

smell it

Invisibletripndicular

#1940581 - 09/22/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey there take a few breaths and calm down .
Do self favor though and be willing to read all you possibly can on the topic , that way when you talk to folks they know you have the basics , and will take time to guide you through the hands on experience part .
A good place to start is get a copy of THE MUSHROOM CULTIVATOR , you can read it at will i.e. in bed , the toilet etc... it will be the best money you ever spend if you are serious about growing your own mushrooms .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineJulia
hatebreed

Re: FINALLY!!! [Re: tripndicular]
    #1940594 - 09/22/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

But if I take the lid off to smell it I am once again risking contamination. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see what happens.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1940598 - 09/22/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Smelling it at this stage of the game would be a waste and possibly contamiate them .
Cob web looks just like it sounds ... Cob web , kinda on the greyish side very whispy like .
Mycelium is very white , like snow , fuzzy kinda like cotton , sometimes with ropey looking stands (rhizmorphic ) growing out in star like patterns .

--------------------

Anonymous

#1940626 - 09/22/03 12:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ive read that after 2 weeks she should start to worry,if she wears a face mask,sprays the room and loosens a lid just a tince she could do it without contaming it,i havent had contamns yet but i did loosen a jar and had a quick wiff and it was ok.

Invisibletripndicular

#1940648 - 09/22/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

After two weeks of what ?
Innoculation , first signs of growth ?
In the incubator ?
:wtf: 

--------------------

Anonymous

#1940663 - 09/22/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Julia said:
  My cakes are not fully colonized.  In fact there are only "small spots" of colonization on my cakes.  I inoculated my jars on September 2.  Today is September 22.  Here it is 20 DAYS LATER and now somethings finally growing.  How can you be sure it isn't mold?  Please fill me in... 

tripndicular,this should void your confusion,i found it with my SCROLLER :wink: 

Invisibletripndicular

#1940690 - 09/22/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

20 days from inoc is not shit , she does have signs of some sort of growth , it is best to wait and see IMo , why take chance of infecting jar this soon alonng .
That 2 week BS is misleading .
Have personally seen a petri dish with agar take 3 weeks to show first signs of germination , have seen them only take 3 days too , but to say to be "worried " after only 2 weeks .... HOGWASH !

--------------------

Anonymous

#1940765 - 09/22/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
20 days from inoc is not shit , she does have signs of some sort of growth , it is best to wait and see IMo , why take chance of infecting jar this soon alonng .
That 2 week BS is misleading .
Have personally seen a petri dish with agar take 3 weeks to show first signs of germination , have seen them only take 3 days too , but to say to be "worried " after only 2 weeks .... HOGWASH !

who's misleading, me or the tek i read it from?
i dont give a rats arse what she decides to do its up to her,im only trying to pass on info that might help her.
this was taken from the omc:
How long until I see growth?

After inoculation, you will start to see growth within 3-7 days. Sometimes it will take longer. The growth will be white and spread out.

How long until my jars are ready?

PF jars are ready when they are 100% colonized with nice healthy white mycelium. Usually, the bottom is the last to colonize. It?s recommended that you keep your cakes in their jars for another 3-5 days to ensure that the center is colonized. The process takes on average 3-7 days until you see growth, and 12-30 days until they are completely colonized.

My jars aren?t colonizing?
If it shows no sign of growth after 14 days, start over. Some strains start slow. If you see absolutely no growth, check for darker spots in the jar. This could be bacteria. If you have darker spots (kind of hard to see) then re-examine your sterilization process.

where's your site so i can check out your expert advice?

Invisibletripndicular

#1940844 - 09/22/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

THE MUSHROOM CULTIVATOR . And many reliable folks here in the shroomery , is my resource center , and hands on trial and error .
Dont get so offended by someone making a statement of belief .
I believe that is very misleading info and could lead others to unwarranted and premature failures ! I never claimed to be an "expert" .
Enjoy sniffing jars !

--------------------

Anonymous

#1940928 - 09/22/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

so are you saying the theomc.com is bullshit?
how strange when it is a sponser of the shroomery!
your either saying that the "expert" advice from this forum is bullshit if YOU havent read it or your saying that i'm a bullshit artist for quoting from it!
make up your mind!
then you try to say i shouldnt get offended when the tone of your post is offensive which ever way you read it,then you add a smart little quip at the end of it like you are real witty or something.....goodone hahaha  :thumbdown: 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom