Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedogkisser
E victim

Hallucinogenic puffballs
    #884910 - 09/16/02 04:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have heard shit about hallucinogenic puffballs. Where do they grow and has anybody sampled this delicacy??  :confused: :laugh: :shocked: 

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen/index.html

Drugs - Life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemixpix
C'est dommage!
Female

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: dogkisser]
    #885116 - 09/16/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hope im not the only one asking this but what's a puffball?

--------------------
and when you try to toy with nature
youll be falling with the leaves

OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: mixpix]
    #885174 - 09/16/02 07:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey look, he stopped using those dots!

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

OfflineKlown
JailBird
Loc: OuterSpace
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: mixpix]
    #885214 - 09/16/02 07:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i think its those mushrooms with no stem just a little spikey ball.If you step on them some powder(spores)flys out kinda cool...

--------------------
-What Is This FAQ You Speak Of?

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #885232 - 09/16/02 07:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Schultes and Hoffman reported that, in Mexico, Lycoperdon marginatum and L. mixtecorum are used to induce auditory hallucinations.

Arora lists L. marginatum as "edible when firm and white inside", and states that no hallucinogenic compounds have been found in specimens analyzed.

Given that David Arora is likely to have eaten it or spoken to people who have I would tend to accept his report, and suggest that they are not hallucinogenic, at least in the US.

In Mexico they may have a different strain or possibly they are not actually the same species.

The Schultes and Hoffman reference is The Botany and Chemistry of Hallucinogens, 2nd edition.

Here is a article by Schultes (go to the bottom).

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinemixpix
C'est dommage!
Female

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: ToxicMan]
    #885377 - 09/16/02 08:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I didnt even notice the lack of ..........................
thanks for that toxic

--------------------
and when you try to toy with nature
youll be falling with the leaves

OfflineTracker_Buckmann
Testing reality
Male

Loc: Texas
    #19399323 - 01/10/14 02:02 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I was always told that there are no toxic puffballs, atleast not in the united states. Actually, they say that if you are out in the middle of a field bleeding to death these things make great blood stoppers.

I know that they also release more spores than any other mushroom. We have massive ones all over the state here. I have been down deep into Mexico and I would say that what is growing down there grows here as well. I have never ingested any so I have no idea if they will have psychoactive effects or not.

After reading this I decided to go outside and pick some. The outside is very dark, the inside tissue is very sponge like, brownish gray and releases massive puffs of purple spores. I mean, we are talking barney the dinosaur purple here.

I am going to do some further research and then when I feel comfortable with it I will try it and report back. If anyone has any idea what it could be from the description let me know. I can't seem to upload a photo to my post, sorry- FNG.

--------------------
The living iguanas will come and bite the men who do not dream.

OfflineTosh
Stranger
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Tracker_Buckmann]
    #19399639 - 01/10/14 03:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

When I was a kid I found one of those in my parents backyard. It was literally the size of a soccer ball. I kicked it around a lot, and it would shoot out big puffs of brown spores. It didn't seem healthy to be honest, breathing in those spores.

--------------------

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Tosh]
    #19399661 - 01/10/14 03:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Only place I've seen hallucinogenic puffballs is Farcry 3. Which btw is an amazing game beyond amazing.

DC

--------------------
The Real violence, the violence that I realized was unforgiveable
Is the violence that we do to ourselves
When we are too afraid to be, who we really are.

OfflineTracker_Buckmann
Testing reality
Male

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Demonic_Chronic]
    #19399985 - 01/10/14 04:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So far I am thinking its safe.

Fry cry two was better in a lot of ways. It had a minimalist approach that made the game more challenging. For example, when walking up to an enemy camp you actually had to scout it out and look for your enemies. If they were alerted they would start coming out of the jungle and the only indication was the muzzle flash or the whites of their eyes.

Fry cry three you had blips on a radar that spoon fed you all of the information and you basically move like an unstoppable superhuman. Its funny that you should mention that game, however because I was thinking that it would be cool to make a farcry style game just today as I was hunting puffballs where the main character forms a symbiotic bond with an unknown  mycelium and it gives him special abilities... like cordycep spores to infect and take control of groups of enemy soldiers, maybe even have the game go 'real tine strategy' for a while to mix it up as you use the fungi super powers instead of always shooting things. Deadly puffballs of death!- anyone?

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#19400005 - 01/10/14 04:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

far cry 3 ending is sorta how I view every individual..

Your choices have consequences, but its all pre-determined.. You are the observer/spectator of your own being, from front the back, back to front.. This is YOUR ISLAND!

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Deathcore]
    #19400103 - 01/10/14 04:42 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

All that game was is a copy. They mashed Skyrim and Just Cause together and reaped the profits. Shitty game once you realize that. I'd play it but never buy it I won't give them money for that.

Yeah not to go off topic though. There is a few species of puffball which can cause gastro intestinal issues but none will kill you. I would look to other species in your area which are known to be hallucinogenic. Wouldn't waste your time.

--------------------

Edited by d0urd3n (01/10/14 04:42 PM)

OfflineTracker_Buckmann
Testing reality
Male

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: d0urd3n]
    #19400498 - 01/10/14 06:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, so if it isn't white don't eat it. The darker ones are actually called "earth balls" and do contain poisons. They won't kill you, but will cause chills, sweats, vomiting and diarrhea.

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#19400519 - 01/10/14 06:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

No shit I seen those before, thought they were interesting but never paid any attention to them to ever research them.. They were white..

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Demonic_Chronic]
    #19400527 - 01/10/14 06:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Demonic_Chronic said:
Only place I've seen hallucinogenic puffballs is Farcry 3. Which btw is an amazing game beyond amazing.

DC

This. Also I laugh every time I see your archer gif, that show is flawless.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Zombi3]
    #19400566 - 01/10/14 06:27 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I had read about them in an ethnobotanical book like 6 years ago and I saw some but I was like.... nahhhhhh.

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

OfflineJesus Christ
Savior
Male

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Aopocetx]
    #19401293 - 01/10/14 09:34 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

sort of way off topic but if you guys want to look into some strange and novel psychedelics look at the psychedelic lichen thread over at the nexus. im very curious to try some legit lichen once its better researched

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: Jesus Christ]
    #19401450 - 01/10/14 10:25 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Them cheeto things?

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: GreySatyr]
    #19401460 - 01/10/14 10:28 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

While we're talking about strange hallucinogens, Boletus Manicus really catches my eye as the active alkaloid is Almost as potent as LSD and still unidentified...

Boletus Manicus Heim

Benjamin Thomas, B.A.(Hons)*

Journal of Psychoactive Drugs 35(3), 393-394 (2003)

Abstract
Boletus manicus Heim [Boletaceae] is a species of fungus found in Papua New Guinea. It is reported to have psychoactive properties. The chemistry of this species is poorly understood. The available chemical data indicates that B. manicus contains trace amounts of three unidentified indolic substances. The chemical structure of these substances has not yet been determined. For these indoles to be active in trace amounts they must be as potent as d-lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD).

Boletus manicus Heim [Family: Boletaceae; Order: Agaricales; Class: Basidiomycetes] is a species of fungi that was originally collected and described by the French mycologist Roger Heim [1900-1979] from Papua New Guinea in the 1960s (Heim 1963). In August to September 1963, Heim visited the Wahgi Valley in the Western Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea for three weeks with American ethnomycologist R. Gordon Wasson [1898-1986] (Heim & Wasson 1965). Heim and Wasson visited the Wahgi Valley to investigate reports by Australian anthropologist Marie Reay [1922-2000] that the Kuma people used apparently hallucinogenic [sic] fungi (Reay 1960). B. manicus has become well known for its psychoactive properties, as a result of many popular books (R?tsch 1998; Dobkin de Rios 1984; Schultes & Hofmann 1979; Emboden 1972). It is reported to produce visual and auditory hallucinations (Thomas 2000: 172)

The chemistry of B. Manicus remains poorly understood and the active principle is unkown (Schultes & Hofmann 1980). However, B. Manicus contain indolic substances (Ratsch 1998: 688;Ott 1993: 422). The presence of these indolic substances was originally reported by Heim(Heim 1965) Heim provided samples of B. Manicus to Albert Hofmann in his Sandoz AG laboratory in Basel, Switzerland, in the 1960s (Hofmann 2001). Hofmann, the Swiss chemist who discovered d-lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), detected trace amounts of three indolic substances in B. Manicus (Ott 1993: 298 & 422) but "The amounts were too low to allow structural studies" (Hofmann 2001).
Heim has suggested that these indolic substances "could be psychotropic" (Heim 1072: 173). As a result, Heim conducted three bioassays with B. Manicus. These trials with "weak dose"( less than 60 mg; Ott 1993:298) were attemped by Heim, who suggested that "the amount were insufficient to make any definite deductions" (Heim 1972:173).
However, in the second trial, the ingestion of a powder made by crushing the fresh of B. Manicus was followed by "the appearance of several luminous, fleeting visions during the course of a dream" (Heim 19072: 173)

Evidence for the presence of indolic substances in B. manicus can be found in the description of both the visual and auditory effects of these mushrooms (Reay 1977). After ingesting B. manicus Kuma men experienced "Lilliputian hallucinations [sic]" (Reay 1977: 59). Similar hallucinations have been reported with other species of Boletus (Stijve 1997: 33). In China, the ingestion of uncooked boletes has been reported to produce hallucinations of "a whole regiment of 2 cm tall soldiers marching over the table-cloth" (Stijve 1997: 33). "Lilliputian hallucinations [sic]" have also been experienced with the use of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) (O'Rorke 1998: 32). The Kuma experienced "Lilliputian hallucinations [sic]" of bush-demons flying about their heads (Reay 1977: 59). The Kuma regarded bush-demons as "tiny, two-dimensional, and often transparent creatures . . . [and] always identified cartoon figures . . . readily and positively as representations of bush-demons" (Reay 1977: 59). Such demons would "buzz" about their heads. It was reported by one Kuma man who had eaten B. manicus that these demons also made a "strange and terrible noise 'inside his ears' which he interpreted as a bush-demon boxing his ears" (Reay 1977: 59). Psilocybin often produces a similar "buzzing" noise (Beach 1996-1997: 13).

If any of the unidentified indolic substances in B. manicus are psychoactive, then they must be as potent, if not more potent, than LSD (Ott 1999). Assuming that B. manicus contains 1% of these indolic substances, which is a much higher concentration of indoles than Hofmann found in Mexican Psilocybe mushrooms (Hofmann 1960), a 1% concentration would represent less than 0.6 mg (600 ?g) of these substances (Ott 1999). Jonathan Ott has suggested that "we know of no fungal indole active at this level" (Ott 1999). The only substance that could explain psychoactivity at or below this level is LSD (Ott 1999). It is, of course, possible that B. manicus might contain LSD. If it does, it is difficult to understand why Albert Hofmann was unable to detect its presence in B. manicus samples that he analyzed in his laboratory. For this reason, it is unlikely that B. manicus does contain LSD. It is possible, however, that B. manicus contains an as yet unidentified psychoactive indolic substance that is more potent than LSD.

* independent anthropologist, Queensland, Australia.
Please address correspondence and reprint request to Benjamin Thomas, P.O. Box 392, Ashgrove, Queensland 4060, Australia.

References
Beach, H. 1996-1997. Listening for the Logos: A study of reports of audible voices at high doses of psilocybin. Bulletin of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies 6 (1): 12-17.
Dobkin de Rios, M. 1984. Hallucinogens: Cross-Cultural Perspectives. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press.
Emboden, W.A. 1972. Narcotic Plants. New York: MacMillan Co. Heim, R. 1972. Mushroom madness in the Kuma. Human Biology in Oceania 1: 170-78.
Heim, R. 1965. Les champignons associ?s ? la folie des Kuma. etude descriptive et iconographie. Cahiers du Pacifique 7: 7-64.
Heim, R. 1963. Diagnoses latines des esp?ces de champignons ou, nonda associ?s a la folie du komugl ta? et du ndaadl. Revue de Mycologie 28 (3-4): 277-83.
Heim, R. & Wasson, R.G. 1965. The "mushroom madness" of the Kuma. Botanical Museum Leaflets (Harvard University) 21(1): 1-36.
Hofmann, A. 2001. Personal communications.
Hofmann, A. 1960. Die psychotropen Wirkstoffe der mexicanischen Zauberpilze. Chimia 14: 309-18.
O'Rorke, I. 1998. Welcome to the leisure dome. The Idler February-March: 30-34.
Ott, J. 1999. Personal communications.
Ott, J. 1993. Pharmacotheon: Entheogenic Drugs, Their Plant Sources and History. Kennewick: Natural Products Co.
R?tsch, C. 1998. Enzyklop?die der Psychoactiven Pflanzen. Botanik, Ethnopharmakologie und Andwendungen Mit einem Vorwort von Albert Hofmann. Aarau: AT Verlag.
Reay, M. 1977. Ritual madness observed: A discarded pattern of fate in
Papua New Guinea. Journal of Pacific History 12: 55-79.
Reay, M. 1960. "Mushroom madness" in the New Guinea highlands. Oceania 31 (2): 137-39.
Schultes, R.E. & Hofmann, A. 1980. The Botany and Chemistry of Hallucinogens. Second Edition. Springfield: C.C. Thomas.
Schultes, R.E. & Hofmann, A. 1979. Plants of the Gods: Origins of Hallucinogenic Use. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Stijve, T. 1997. Hallucinogenic boletes in China? Eleusis: Journal of Psychoactive Plants and Compounds 7: 33.
Thomas, B. 2000. Psychoactive card Xlll: Boletus manicus. Eleusis: Journal of Psychoactive Plants and Compounds 4 (n.s.): 167-74.

--------------------

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

Invisiblelighthouse09
Stranger thats mr. stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hallucinogenic puffballs [Re: GreySatyr]
    #19401478 - 01/10/14 10:33 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

This is a puffball i ate this year it did give a little bit a energy but i do not beleive i triped or that of the many people that eat these none have told me they are hallucinogens, never heard that before i would look i nto mexican ones i suppose....?.
http://Puffball shroom

--------------------
<--This fuckin guy

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder