Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dessicant, Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Making mushroom blocks
    #1939790 - 09/22/03 05:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This information is probably totally useless, but just in case anyone can is interested I figured a cool way to dry mushrooms. It's kind of more funny than useful.

I do my drying with a discident chamber filled with damp-rid. It's in the Shroomy FAQ.

I put them in the D.chamber and got them out when they were almost dry, still a little bit spongy. I then wrapped them up really, really tightly in alfoil like rolling a cigarette, leaving both ends open of the alfoil.

Then put backin D.chamber overnight. Remove and close ends of alfoil really tightly.

When you unrap the alfoil, the mushrooms have dried in a really hard, cylindrical block. Like I said, pretty useless bay it may amuse someone.

As a sidenote, it probably does a lot to minimize unwatned air contact when preserving shrooms.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Making mushroom blocks [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #1939879 - 09/22/03 06:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i bet that takes forever.

fan dry your shrooms for 12 hours,
put in dessicant chamber for 12 hours.
cracker dry shrooms in 24 hours.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #1939882 - 09/22/03 06:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

btw, handling them too much promotes oxidation of the active indoles.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Making mushroom blocks [Re: 40oz]
    #1939888 - 09/22/03 06:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It takes overnight, just like drying them normally. I mean making blocks about the size of a cigarette for 1 or 2 doses. When rolled into a block, they should be 95% cracker dry already. Just damp enough so they don't snap like crackers.

I takes about 12 hours to get them "spongy" and then after they are rolled tight, it takes overnight.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (09/22/03 06:50 AM)

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #1940322 - 09/22/03 12:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm... one of my hobbies is pyrotechnics, and I have a press for making blackpowder. You can't just mix the ingredients, you have to mix them, then press them together into a solid block (d = 1.7g/cm3, to be precise!), then break the block up into grains. But anyway...
Normally you add about 2mL of water and 2mL of alcohol to 100g of the dry ingredients, and then press it together and the result is a hard block, which sets totally rock-hard in a day or two. It ends up like a ceramic.
I bet you could do exactly the same thing with shrooms, if you wanted to. Dry them totally in a dessicator, powder them in a coffee grinder or something, add a dash of water/alcohol and then press them into convenient blocks of whatever size you choose.
You can press stuff with some copper tubing, two bits of wooden dowel that slide snugly into the copper tubing, and a good bench vice. Put one bit of dowel into the tube, load it up with what you want to press, put the other bit of dowel in and then squeeze the two bits of wood together in the vice. You'd probably want to cut the bits of wood to a certain length, and load it with the same amount each time, so that you know that all the blocks are consistent if you press it until the bits of wood are totally inside the tube.
Then knock it out of one end with a little hammer and put it back into your dessicator.

I'm not experienced enough in this area to say if it's a good idea or not, I'm just saying that's how I'd do it if I wanted to.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dessicant, Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation