Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
"The Mushroom Speaks"
    #1938767 - 09/21/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The mushroom speaks, and our opinions rest upon what it tells eloquently of itself in the cool night of the mind:

"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life. The mushroom which you see is the part of my body given to sex thrills and sun bathing, my true body is a fine network of fibers growing through the soil. These networks may cover acres and may have far more connections that the number in a human brain. My mycelial network is nearly immortal, only the sudden toxification of a planet or the explosion of its parent star can wipe me out. By means impossible to explain because of certain misconceptions in your model of reality all my mycelial networks in the galaxy are in hyperlight communication across space and time. The mycelial body is as fragile as a spider's web but the collective hypermind and memory is a vast historical archive of the career of evolving intelligence on many worlds in our spiral star swarm. Space, you see, is a vast ocean to those hardy life forms that have the ability to reproduce from spores, for spores are covered with the hardest organic substance known. Across the aeons of time and space drift many spore-forming life-forms in suspended animation for millions of years until contact is made with a suitable environment. Few such species are minded, only myself and my recently evolved near relatives have achieved the hyper-communication mode and memory capacity that makes us leading members in the community of galactic intelligence. How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds. You as an individual and man as a species are on the brink of the formation of a symbiotic relationship with my genetic material that will eventually carry humanity and earth into the galactic mainstream of the higher civilizations.

Since it is not easy for you to recognize other varieties of intelligence around you, your most advanced theories of politics and society have advanced only as far as the notion of collectivism. But beyond the cohesion of the members of a species into a single social organism there lie richer and even more baroque evolutionary possibilities. Symbiosis is one of these. Symbiosis is a relation of mutual dependence and positive benefits for both of the species involved. Symbiotic relationships between myself and civilized forms of higher animals have been established many times and in many places throughout the long ages of my development. These relationships have been mutually useful; within my memory is the knowledge of hyperlight drive ships and how to build them. I will trade this knowledge for a free ticket to new worlds around suns younger and more stable than your own. To secure an eternal existence down the long river of cosmic time I again and again offer this agreement to higher beings and thereby have spread throughout the galaxy over the long millennia. A mycelial network has no organs to move the world, no hands; but higher animals with manipulative abilities can become partners with the star knowledge within me and if they act in good faith, return both themselves and their humble mushroom teacher to the million worlds all citizens of our starswarm are heir to."

By: O.T. Oss & O.N. Oeric

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Re: "The Mushroom Speaks" [Re: Effed]
    #1938795 - 09/21/03 10:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Who else has spoken with the "other" ?

Anonymous

#1939276 - 09/22/03 01:15 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i have

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: "The Mushroom Speaks" [Re: ]
    #1939294 - 09/22/03 01:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Not intimately. Next time you encounter him, please send my regards and express my desire for a visit.

That'd be a good line for Stone Philips to quote, aghast with outrage.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1939486 - 09/22/03 02:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have commune with the etheric intelligence/awareness. Beyond time and space... on the borders of our spinning DNA.. a catalyst of consciousness. It's wisdom is that of the universe, and the connection of all things within it.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: "The Mushroom Speaks" [Re: Shroomism]
    #1939866 - 09/22/03 06:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ahh yes, I once came across this on a website that was based on Mudvayne's philosophys, which I later found out was made by chodamonkey! is that fucked up or what?! This was long before I even came to the Shroomery, let alone the forums..

I thought that this was Mc Kenna, though, and that it was the only thing by him that I read, guess I was wrong, and I guess I am in need of reading something by him.. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1940142 - 09/22/03 11:04 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

thats is... bad ass! I have learned a tiny fraction from the shroom, communication is strange. And Since my last time, its been hell trying to re adjust my brain for normal thinking. Heh, the first time i was took shrooms, i thought everything was like a radio, one big damn network. And we as humans with our individual perceptions, are just tuning the stations, trying to get the best frequency, sometimes we even like to dance :wink:.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: "The Mushroom Speaks" [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1940148 - 09/22/03 11:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It is McKenna, I believe he wrote that book under a different name.

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #1940438 - 09/22/03 01:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have communicated with the other on two very strong mushroom trips. The entity was very powerful and condeming, held no punches when it came to my earthly shortcomings. The other is forgiving, however, to the awakened ones

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1940510 - 09/22/03 01:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ahh yes, I once came across this on a website that was based on Mudvayne's philosophys, which I later found out was made by chodamonkey! is that fucked up or what?!

LOL! That's so cool man, my research into Mudvayne's philosophy and album themes lead me Terence McKenna and the wonderful world of magic mushrooms, which then inevitably lead me to Erowid and The Shroomery!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: "The Mushroom Speaks" [Re: chodamunky]
    #1940522 - 09/22/03 01:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chodamunky said:
[LOL! That's so cool man, my research into Mudvayne's philosophy and album themes lead me Terence McKenna and the wonderful world of magic mushrooms, which then inevitably lead me to Erowid and The Shroomery! 

Yeah, I was utterly amazed when you told me you ran that site back in that post about my IN FLAMES and Mudvayne concert... my jaw dropped. I think you sent me over some stuff from your website then, too.

It certainly is a small world web, isn't it? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

#1956413 - 09/27/03 04:34 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well, Im glad you are both here.  :cool:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1956682 - 09/27/03 07:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Effed said:
Well, Im glad you are both here.  :cool: 

Heh, how could I be here? :grin:

A great and wonderful place, this one... too bad the feds and such monitor it, to which I now say to them: "Fuck off and Fuck George Bush!!!!"
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology