Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Advancing Knowledge.
    #1935861 - 09/20/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Im a bright kid, a real bright kid, far advanced beyond my age...always have been, and i always had the highest professional aspirations. Then i got into my *down time* for a couple years, highschool drop out, too much pot...dropped out completely on life, lost all social skills and willingness to participate in *the game.*
I was too hardheaded while i was in school to take college prep seriously, and ended up finishing school through a *learning centre.*

Now...i know ive fucked up...

Im ever so willing to play the game, I know im going to go somewhere and i know i can do great things, but i need to make up for my past, and i know its a big set back.

My thrist for knowledge has returned, and my brain is in peak shape, i am ready to sacrifice and go hard, i want to learn and i want to succeed. Im thinking about upgrading my sciences and taking Chemistry and Biology 12, aswell as Math 12..either through night school, or at the university.

I want to go to university, and i think i want to focus on psychology and philosophy...life long love affair with the subjects. I have this unending *hunch* that i will end up doing something in the field of addiction therapy...but how can i do this now? I have no idea, i am so in the dark... i dont even know how to go about doing things.

Ive researched my local university as much as i can online (my mom also used to teach there), and if i got accepted into their programs i could do 2 years at home and then move down to UBC for the rest of my programs...or something.
I need direction from people who, have gone through this. What do i do first? Upgrade? Then speak to unversity counselour and explain my situation, and what my intentions are? Can i do this? I have to be able to get out of this hole ive dug, and succeed in my new found legal adult-dom.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: Advancing Knowledge. [Re: PDU]
    #1937082 - 09/21/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Good to see youre willing to get your life on track again.

I'm not too sure what your asking here... just advice on getting into the profession you want or, what?

If you want to go into addiction therapy, then I dont think you'll even need to take Math and all that other stuff, unless it falls under the faculty of sciences.

I myself am at UBC, first year student and what I'm doing is taking some courses that are qualified as "Arts" courses (psyc, philosophy, etc.) and just getting a taste of what's out there. If you wanted to, you could even take some science courses and eventually transfer over to that faculty. At UBC they have this thing called arts advising where they can direct you and help you make the right choices for your career path. Very helpful. And you don't have to be a UBC student. AT least I dont think so.
      Sorry if this doesnt help you, but I cant really understand your situation. :crazy:

Anyways good luck! You could PM me if you want more info on this shit cuz I just went through it all a few weeks ago. :nut:

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Advancing Knowledge. [Re: manna_man]
    #1937456 - 09/21/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

pdu are you my long last clone? my life was exactly the same story.

i went back to college and its good shit. the first time round you dont care and just want to get outta there and go home. but now second time round and i really want to educate myself im actually enjoyin it.

if i where you i would go back to school so you can move on to the stuff you really want to do. good to hear your getting back on track. just go get a cencus find the courses you need for where you dropped out and go down and enroll yourself asap. no good thinking about it just do it. do it now!

learnings good man.

dont do drugs, stay in school AND ALWAYS BRUSH YOUR TEETH 3 TIMES A DAY

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Advancing Knowledge. [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1937698 - 09/21/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Learnings the best!

Basically what i was asking is: Where do i go from here? Im obviously too late to for this year. So do i upgrade, and out of the blue make an appointment with a college counselour over the next year?

As i said i was too hardheaded...I guess i just need to speak to a councelour...And ill tell them what happened and what my intentions are, and set me up in the right programs? Right?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1937731 - 09/21/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

God damn, would you look at this:

UCC open house and career day - Saturday October 18th. "grade 12 students: apply to UCC" Meet with a UCC academic advisor and fill out your application for admission.
-program info
-hands on fun
-interactive displays
-information sessions
-career oppurtunities....

Score!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1938109 - 09/21/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Nearly identical situation. I graduated high school with low marks out of sheer laziness (I probably spent about 10 hours total doing homework in my entire high school career, if marks were based solely on assignments I'd have flunked out, but I managed to do well on tests and exams), and then I went on to community college which I hated and dropped out of. I spent time after that doing nothing, and working a bit. Over this summer I've changed a whole lot, and basically realized that if I didn't go to university I'd be wasting my intelligence, and that going to school is exactly what I want to be doing.

So now I'm taking a few high school courses through correspondance so I can get my grades high enough to get into a good university, and if all goes as planned I'll be starting next September at a good school.

It's not that hard to do, the only challenge is making myself do it, which is a hell of a lot easier now than it was in high school. I guess that's just maturity.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1938132 - 09/21/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

go to a school counselor and tell them what you told us:

"I have to be able to get out of this hole ive dug, and succeed in my new found legal adult-dom."

They'll be more than willing to work out a "plan" with you

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Advancing Knowledge. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1938230 - 09/21/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I dont even have my diploma yet, my school fucked up and i never got my Government exams...so until November i wont have my diploma..I need to look into corespondence or going back to the learning centre to do some upgrading. It sucks...I dropped out 3rd term grade 11...had a good 2 first terms and then things just went sour...My councelour made sure i got through my courses but theyre all between 51 and 56%...pathetic. Ive got alright grade 12 marks..but ive i can pull of good science marks, which i can...i think itll make me alot more eligible for college.

I think ill basically go to the open house day and talk to a counselour there...and let them know the situation.

University seems like so much fun...such a brilliant oppurtunity. Ive got the money for it, and ive got the brains for it...i dont know how i got so offtrack.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order