Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: why you should believe in god [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1932401 - 09/19/03 12:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"We are just Creators forming our own reality within the reality formed by a greater Creator."

This is where we differ - I see this "greater Creator" as fucking government and religion and all of these boundary-building organizations.. They are creating reality for most modern people; MANUFACTURING VIRTUAL REALITIES for us to be guinea-pigs in. We're their little "AI" beings, only some of us are realizing our programming (I'm barely learning how much I was programmed early on by television [corporations], schooling [government] and church) but the majority of us is still AI, weaving through school with no specific direction, because it is "the way to go," going to church because "it is the place to go," and going to the Mall because it is the "place to $pend."

I think we need to get rid of these notions of God and guides and creators because THEY'RE NOT GOING TO HELP US even if they ARE there, so what's the point in furthering our confusion and slowing down the progress of science...

SCIENTISTS ARE GOING TO SAVE THIS PLANET; NOT THE FUCKIN POPE.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (09/19/03 12:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
    #1932494 - 09/19/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

If something feels "real", to you, then isn't it actually real? A guy in an institution that lives in his head and has imaginary friends that appear real to him is living in his reality, and his reality is real to him. We might say that it isn't, since we don't experience his reality, we can easily just say "it is just his imagination over-reacting" or some shit, but the reality that we experience in our OWN heads is at least somewhat different than the reality expeirenced by others..
Peace. 

This is a good point, Fire.
God or no God, your reality is YOURS, it is real to YOU. (did anyone see "A Beautiful Mind"?) Your reality may not be the same as the guy reading the newspaper next to you on the bus, but certainly to you, it is real.
There will forever be debate over whether or not there is a god. It will be argued until the end of time (whenever that may be). The only certain thing at all is the cycle of nature: Birth, Life, Death and Rebirth.
If there is a god that dictates all that for you, then fine. If it gives you hope for the weak moments in your life, more power to you. If not then, it is up to you to find hope and power from within. Both are valid.
People find a way to get comfort in many things, god not excluded. However, people's perceptions of god are certainly not above reproach.     
Just my $.02 after a long absence....... :wink: 

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: why you should believe in god [Re: Clover]
    #1932749 - 09/19/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"If something feels "real", to you, then isn't it actually real?"

No, not as a part of "collective reality" if nobody else feels it. Just like if somebody felt that on 9/10/03 there was going to be an attack the next day, and they told everybody they knew, who replied with "bah shut up Ted, you suck" then it isn't real until it actually is verified by the "collective."

If Ted is in an institution because he claims there are gnomes all over the place - they're not real. If ted is there because he claims HE SEES gnomes all over the place, then this is a real situation - ted sees gnomes - that's real. But there aren't gnomes.

The perception is always "real," but the percieved is rarely precise.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: why you should believe in god [Re: Strumpling]
    #1933167 - 09/19/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
This is where we differ - I see this "greater Creator" as fucking government and religion and all of these boundary-building organizations..

That is all the reality that we ourselves have shaped. When I say that we are Creators, I mean every human. The "greater Creator" would be who ever is enertaining the thought of us for just a second on his time-scale... heh.

I know what you are getting at when you talk about the collective consciousness, but if almost everyone is led to believe in a lie, than the lie is true..

Anyways, my reality consists of some good fucking metal and my new bass guitar, Sirius. The rest of you can do what you want.. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1933177 - 09/19/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Clover said:
Just my $.02 after a long absence....... :wink: 

Heh, it was worth the investment, and glad to see you are back!

I was going to get into some stuff here, but it is really not on this topic specifically and is demanding of a new post.. which is, of course, fighting my hands' urges to pick up Sirius.. I think.. I can resist.. for a bit longer..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #1936183 - 09/20/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Yes, that is exactly what I am implying...
We are just Creators forming our own reality within the reality formed by a greater Creator. The "real world", like the physical attributes of this planet and so forth would be his reality, but we can bend and shape his creation to our own whims..
If something feels "real", to you, then isn't it actually real? A guy in an institution that lives in his head and has imaginary friends that appear real to him is living in his reality, and his reality is real to him. We might say that it isn't, since we don't experience his reality, we can easily just say "it is just his imagination over-reacting" or some shit, but the reality that we experience in our OWN heads is at least somewhat different than the reality expeirenced by others..
Peace. 

I see what you mean. Thanks for elaborating.

Quote:

Clover said:
This is a good point, Fire.
People find a way to get comfort in many things, god not excluded. However, people's perceptions of god are certainly not above reproach.     

Well... I do believe in godhood, I dislike the term God, however, because a notion of supremacy, judgement and whatnot are always tied to it.
God to me is the collective of all souls. We cannot know it, because the human mind is limited. We can only be submerged into it and experience our own and perhaps other parts of it. It does create, but it does not create the world without, and has never done so.
Anyway, I don't take comfort in this fact, I never ask God or whatever for help in esoteric gibberish. It's just not my style.  :cool:

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
    #1938044 - 09/21/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

[quote I think.. I can resist.. for a bit longer..
Peace. 

Resist the temptation, Fire!!!!
Thanks for the welcome back  :wink: 

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1938055 - 09/21/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Clover said:
Resist the temptation, Fire!!!!
Thanks for the welcome back  :wink: 

I have given myself now to Sirius.. heh. I find that the best thing to do is to have it continously in my lap, and play while reading or waiting for new posts (programming on Guitar Pro used to take up that time)...

I find that I cannot resist the temptation to play, as playing is what completes me.. I do eventually set it down, though, as a sign that my hands have taken way too much for the time being...

Why should you believe in God? Because of the existance of bass guitars. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder