Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinesTePpInGoNsToNeS
Influ(x)
Loc: Canada
Riding the wave of Life off the edge of the UNIverse
    #1937994 - 09/21/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If you take away society do you take away reality?

I was really high the other night and I realized that all I am is a picture floating above and between my eyes, not to mention fragmented beliefs and ideas of how things work... oh yea, and a handful of senses-
without the "real world" grounding me I became very detached from my physical body... so much so that my physical body seemed to blink in and out of existence...

Lately my eyes have been blurring out of focus- so much that the world on the "other side" of my sight seems to exist only in my mind... and then I realize that it does only exist in my mind becausae if I wasn't there to think it exists it wouldn't... do i make the universe by believing that there is a universe??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Riding the wave of Life off the edge of the UNIverse [Re: sTePpInGoNsToNeS]
    #1938000 - 09/21/03 03:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sTePpInGoNsToNeS said:
... do i make the universe by believing that there is a universe??

Technically, yes... but you only make it for yourself, and possibly others, if you pass on your beliefs and thoughts...

In any case, it might not be a good idea to go floating out and beyond quite yet.. :grin:
Peace-

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Riding the wave of Life off the edge of the UNIverse [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1938151 - 09/21/03 04:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"but you only make it for yourself, and possibly others, if you pass on your beliefs and thoughts..."

right on - some people say the universe exists is one can think it, but some would argue that the universe only exists if you make other people believe in it (or think they believe in it), externalizing the universe, as government and other organizations work towards, all with different and conflicting internal visions

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Riding the wave of Life off the edge of the UNIverse [Re: Strumpling]
    #1938182 - 09/21/03 05:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It is all about the flow of ideas.

And the same idea is understood at least a little differently than any other person. This is why religion's messages that meant so much to the originator and held a lot of truth, even those that were spoken so that others could more or less realize what it is they were saying, end up being distorted and having wide and varied meanings to a lot of different people...

Let's speak of Jesus' teachings. What he said made absolute sense to him, and since he was more than likely very insightful and had a very clear perspective, what he said made a lot of sense and rang true in a lot of other people. Think of the thousands and thousands of people that were directly exposed to his messages, and all the people that heard the word from those people. There were groups of people that so strongly believed in other things (the Jews in control) that they simply could not understand or simply did not want to understand what he had to say.

Hell, perhaps his messages were directed at the little men, the poor and the workers, was because they were the ones that weren't getting something for nothing, they were the ones that didn't have much to believe in in the first place. Spreading the message to the people that were in control and had a lot power was pointless because they were blinded by their toys.

There were a few people around Jesus that had the most experience with him that recorded his ideas, and they were of course influenced by their own thoughts and beliefs..

The thing with Jesus' messages were that they have been exposed to trillions of people. The flow of the ideas of his have passed through so many different streams going in different directions and brancing off from them streams in so many directions that it is really hard to pick up much of anything from his wisdom.

We can no longer jump into the ocean and swim, the water has been syphoned and distributed through so many unclean lands that the water that IS left is so tainted and contaminated that it no longer is pure water... if you catch the analogy. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: