Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepurenergy
see you spacecowboy....

Loc: one is all, one is none, ...
does past life regression really work?
    #1937231 - 09/21/03 04:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

is it all suggestion under hypnosis and/or vivid imaginations. the mind is a powerfull tool. alien abductes truley believe they have been abducted (study).

--------------------
one has lived from an endless past and will live into an endless future. at this very moment one partakes of Eternal Life-blissful, luminous, pure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: does past life regression really work? [Re: purenergy]
    #1937306 - 09/21/03 05:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think it is possible, but hey, I don't know anything about scamming people out of their money.. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1937704 - 09/21/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Depending how deep you allow yourself to go, and how much you trust your hypnotist.. past life regression works very well.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: does past life regression really work? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1937733 - 09/21/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

(visions of victorian horse-drawn carrages rolling on wooden wheels through mud-paved streets dance through doctorj's head)...

yep, it works!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: does past life regression really work? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1937736 - 09/21/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
(visions of victorian horse-drawn carrages rolling on wooden wheels through mud-paved streets dance through doctorj's head)...

yep, it works! 

Are you sure you just didn't see that on televison?! :grin:

Seriously, I know nothing about this at all, but I assume there are a lot of scams out there involving this. I really don't know if it is possible or not, not exactly my area of expertise... however... (looks at Sirius, my bass).
:grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1937781 - 09/21/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

In my first 100 hour hypnosis training, my teacher told us that if a client insists that a problem began in the year "1412" (I still remember the year he used in 1989), don't argue with the client, just listen. In somnambulism, (the 'working state') subjects may draw material from deeper strata than the subconscious, namely the personal unconscious or the collective unconscious. The same unconscious mind that creates the most detailed, emotionally-laden dreamscapes, also can contribute to the scenarios that emerge in hypnosis. This can be dangerous for hypnotists because we have been sued for causing people to remember the events they came to us for - and then claim that we re-traumatized them! Sometimes, for example, incest memories are merely Oedipal-Electra fantasies that Freud described, and subjects have unjustly accused innocent parents of a heinous crime.

Bottom line is that there are alternative explanations for past-life 'memories.' I do not advertise doing this, even though there is money to be 'taken' from gullible souls. Most people, for example, do not consider that there is a great difference conceptually between Buddhist 'rebirth' and Hindu 'reincarnation.' Or, that transmigration of the soul in Jewish Kabbalism is uniquely the result of having failed to produce children in life (which means that I'm coming back). I'm not denying the possibility of subjects becoming aware of other lives - there is this collective unconscious, or the occult version of the Akashic Record (from Yoga, Theosophical Society adoption of it, and Edgar Cayce). Becoming aware of something through inner vision, and identifying with it are two different things.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: does past life regression really work? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1937818 - 09/21/03 12:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't advise anyone doing this under the guidance of another person.  Just do it by yourself, that way you can factor out fraud and the only variable you have left is self-delusion.

you can hypnotize youraelf with a pre-recorded tape, although its not really necessary

just remember what you did yesterday, then last week, last month last year...  keep going backwards...  and backwards...  eventually you will hit a wall, but the wall will eventually dissolve with gentle coaxing.  It might take a few sessions before you can even fully recall your early childhood.  but eventually you'll get there.

even if you don't remember any past lives, its still good to remember the life you're in now.  I can remember being born and have confirmed certain things with my mother (color of the room, objects within the room, what the doctor looked like, etc...)

am I crazy?  quite possibly.  but it hasnt caused me any problems yet :smile:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1937860 - 09/21/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
just remember what you did yesterday, then last week, last month last year...  keep going backwards...  and backwards...  eventually you will hit a wall, but the wall will eventually dissolve with gentle coaxing.  It might take a few sessions before you can even fully recall your early childhood.  but eventually you'll get there.

Holy fucking shit!! I have never even thought about that.. holy shit!

I mean, I recoginze that everything that we have ever thought or experienced is somewhere in our brain, it is just "getting the access code", so to speak, to the information...

What you are describing is an actual system designed to extract the information, and I have never even thought about setting such a system up, although the benefits are fucking worth it!!

It makes me think of a trip report I read on here once, where the guy actually remembered back to his crib, and he like he verifed it as truth by describing the room and the wallpaper to his mom, who said they only lived there for like a month and that there were no pictures that he would have seen...

But yeah, thanks for mentioning that! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1937877 - 09/21/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"just remember what you did yesterday, then last week, last month last year... keep going backwards... and backwards... eventually you will hit a wall, but the wall will eventually dissolve with gentle coaxing. It might take a few sessions before you can even fully recall your early childhood. but eventually you'll get there."

Psychologists used to use techniques such as this, but after a bunch of people ended up being charged with sexual assaults and abuses from years earlier that in reality never occurred, they realized that people were fabricating memories, which they believed whole-heartedly.

So I think it would be a little bit foolish to think that your memories that you get from this technique are accurate.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: does past life regression really work? [Re: Phluck]
    #1937899 - 09/21/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

those psychologists should have blamed themselves, not the patients, for being suggestive.

I've heard about this same stuff before in court casesI forget the name for it... "subconsciously implanted memories" or something similar. some little girl's psychologist (who worked for the state, BTW) hypnotically suggested her into fingering her father for a rape or something. totally bogus.

another reason why you shouldn't trust anyone but yourself whilst under hypnosis (and even then you gotta question yourself a little)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1937905 - 09/21/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"(and even then you gotta question yourself a little) "

Why a little?

They did a study a while back about the credibility of witnesses in court cases. They would show someone a short video of a robbery, and have them come back a week later. Some of them would be questioned straight forward about the robber's appearance, and some were questioned under hynosis.

They both gave wildly inacurrate descriptions, the people who had been placed under hypnosis were just more sure of their answers.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1937924 - 09/21/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

as a psychology major working towards a masters in nueroscience, of course I am familiar with those studies.

my questions are:

how much of a suggestive role did the hypnotists play?  If they were using standard police interrogation tactics, its a good bet they played a suggestive role.

how self aware were the subjects?  most people don't have good memories because they don't use them that often.  I know people with objectively verifiable photographic memories.  Maybe we should use them as the benchmark :wink:

How familiar were the subjects with hypnotism?  you cant expect results out of one session.  these skills tend to improve with time and use.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1937925 - 09/21/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
They did a study a while back about the credibility of witnesses in court cases. They would show someone a short video of a robbery, and have them come back a week later. Some of them would be questioned straight forward about the robber's appearance, and some were questioned under hynosis.

They both gave wildly inacurrate descriptions, the people who had been placed under hypnosis were just more sure of their answers. 

This isn't about our perception skills, this is about accessing our memories. :grin:

Seriously, if I could gradually work my way back through my life and experience once again what I have already experienced, I would do it. And, apparently, I gradually can. The mind is a powerful thing, designing an information extraction program is within our capabilities..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
Re: does past life regression really work? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1937961 - 09/21/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

All I know to say is that it has worked very effectively for me.
The proof lies within the heart of the believer. Each experience will vary according to the individual.

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: does past life regression really work? [Re: Clover]
    #1937990 - 09/21/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Clover said:
All I know to say is that it has worked very effectively for me.
The proof lies within the heart of the believer. Each experience will vary according to the individual. 

Past life regression, or systematically working back through memories? Or both? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1937996 - 09/21/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This was a study related to the memory. Immediately after the event, they were able to recall the appearance of the robber accurately.

The hypnotist simply had them describe the appearance of the robber.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1938002 - 09/21/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
This was a study related to the memory. Immediately after the event, they were able to recall the appearance of the robber accurately.

The hypnotist simply had them describe the appearance of the robber.

But the problem isn't the memory of the robber's image, it is how skilled they are at recalling this memory, accessing it..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1938009 - 09/21/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Regression to early childhood is easy and can be done within the span of half an hour on the first visit in most cases.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
    #1938041 - 09/21/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

[quote ] Past life regression, or systematically working back through memories? Or both? :grin:
Peace. 

I would think it would be the same! As one regresses, one is basically working back through memories :grin:
I keep a journal in which my past life regressions are recorded. Perhaps someday there will be a connection I am able to tangibly SEE, perhaps not. I will have to wait and see as my journal is young and so are my visions  :smile:
In my experiences with PLRs - I have never "seen" full stories or situations, rather, snapshots with very rich detail. I have never been shown that I was Joan of Arc or anything resembling greatness to that degree!! 

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1938042 - 09/21/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So all memories are stored perfectly and flawlessly then? And we know this for sure?

We don't even have the slightest clue as to how memories work, and you claim to know for sure that they're flawlessly stored.

I'm more than a little curious as to where you got this information.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom