Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
The Lone Mushromm, Me and the farmer
    #1937766 - 09/21/03 01:52 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Okay, I was up early in the morning, about 7:30 am and I was lying on the ground taking pictures of a P. antillarum shroom with some cubensis growing from the same manure heap.

Here is that first image.

After picking the cubes, I got up and walked around a few paddies and then i saw this tall panaeolus antillrum sticking out of the grass so I too a picture of it, totaly unaware that I was being approached by a lone Samui cattle tender calling to me as I took this shot o f the lone P. antillarum shroom in the middle of Ban Hua Thanon, Koh Samui.

Well this rfarmer came up to me asking me if i wanted 'hed kee kwai'. "of course I do," I replied and so lhe led me across this friggin fireld for about ten minurtes through more than 50 or 60 padidies out of the direction of where I wanted to go.

Here is that Samuie cattle tender and discoverer of the lone shroom.

So anyeay he walks me all over to nowhere from wher ei was and ther ehe points to this paddie, one of several filled with many Panaeoous antillum.

I tell him these ones antaray (Dangerous) make Ben ba (Go crazy), etc. and this is the paddie he led me to but not the lone shroom coming up.

here is the image of the P. antillarums. There were four or five or more of these with buffalo shitt and shrooms all over in each one., Hard to phtograph without a wide angled lens,

He then kept pointing to the corner of the field near a fenced area, very rare in the paddies. this one was fenced off with bamboo poles, a private plot of land, most likly owned by a foreigner, although if you are not Thai you cannot own land in Thailand, many foreigners marry Thai girls and get property intheir names and it is the foreigners who fence in their belongings.

He pointed to the ground for me to come see his lone hed kee kwai, the single shroom I walked half a mile to find.

And then he wanted twenty baht for showing me the shroom.

Here are three images of that lone shroom, very pretty inthe ground. I used my scissors to cut aay the grass so to take a nice picture.

Here is the lone shroom fom three differenct points of view.

a few inches away from that fresh lone P. cubensis were some old dried uyp from rain and weather conditions and of no use for spores or eating. I photographed them to show the aging process of shrooms just left to wilt becasue no one saw them when they were fresh, except for the young penial shaped cube photographed above. Here are the dying decay brothers and sisters of the lone shroom/.

And so I gave this fine Samui Cattle Tender his 20 baht reward for leading me across the paddies for this single lone mushroom.

So I decided to walk over near the trees and coconut tree areas where the farmers live inthe bush and walk along the outer paddies of the wooded area of the field.

This extends for about thirty km into the interior from one end ot the other and another thrity km back to where I was.
It is a wide range.

After about ten minutes I came upon these two beauties,

And thus began my morning daily shroom hunt for spores and specimens for the university in Bangkok/.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (09/21/03 02:17 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: The Lone Mushromm, Me and the farmer [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1937828 - 09/21/03 02:22 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Awesome pics MJ,Im thinking about comming to Thailand next spring.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification