Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSkaloser
yes, it's true
 User Gallery

help with pressure canner
    #1937338 - 09/21/03 08:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This is from an post describing the problem.

"Okay, This is the second time i got a broken pc off of ebay. I ordered an all american pressure canner like 2 weeks ago for $165. That was my first mistake. I just wanted it to work. It had a weird bolt in the back right behind the handle...i tried to use the pressure canner and all it did was leak pressure from the bolt. The bolt looked like it was sealed in the middle with liquid nail...and upon further inspection i think it was. I asked on the forums what i could do and they suggested that i might be missing a vent pipe and pressure regulator weight, so i ordered the parts but they don't fit because of the bolt. It looks like the hole was widend and the bolt was added, since all the wholes on the bottom of the pressure canner look the same except for where the bolt was....which was bigger and wider, when i looked at the bottom of the lid. Before i email this guy and bitch and ask for my money back...is any of this normal? Maybe i'm paranoid after getting a broke pc last time on ebay."

I ordered the pressure weight and the vent like somebody suggested...but i don't think it's supposed to go with it, because it didn't fit. So now i'm a little stuck, I have this pressure canner, the guy won't give me a refund...and i don't know how to fix it. My room mate took out the bolt that was in the hole and lost it i think, It was leaking steam very bad from it so i think if it belonged there it was faulty anyways. Can anybody give me a hint on what to do?

heres a picture, you can see the hole type thing right behind the handle:

Mine has the petcock type thing, instead of the vent and weight. Thats the only differnce.

Thanks

--------------------
This was unlike the story
it was written to be
I was riding its back
when it used to ride me.

And we were galloping manic
to the mouth of the source
we were swallowing panic
in the face of its force.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: help with pressure canner [Re: Skaloser]
    #1937556 - 09/21/03 11:47 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If you are talking about the hole I circled above what you need is an All American Over Pressure Plug . That should fix your problem. It sounds like someone blew out the plug and tried to rig it. That is an extremely bad idea.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSkaloser
yes, it's true
 User Gallery

Re: help with pressure canner [Re: z@z.com]
    #1937612 - 09/21/03 12:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks dude. Is there anything i need to know to fix it? or do i just push it in or something?

--------------------
it was written to be
I was riding its back
when it used to ride me.

we were swallowing panic

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1937623 - 09/21/03 12:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It should just pop righ in from the underside of the lid.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: help with pressure canner [Re: z@z.com]
    #1939744 - 09/22/03 04:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

if you buy anything off of ebay that is broken,complain to ebay.
when starting up a sellers account you must provide valid CC details.
the reason for this is so ebay can refund your money by debting the sellers credit card.dont let people shit on you and sell you broken goods.....get intouch with ebay and hound his ass.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinefungulus

Re: help with pressure canner [Re: Hanky]
    #1945430 - 09/23/03 07:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That's Sooooo fucked up that someone would actually sell a PC missing parts on E-Bay. That's beyond irresponsible, and extremely dangerous. Practice caution Skaloser and happy Shroomin'.

OfflineSkaloser
yes, it's true
 User Gallery

Re: help with pressure canner [Re: fungulus]
    #1952950 - 09/26/03 01:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

okay i got the plug....is it okay if water is bubbling up..like water bubbles coming from the hole that the plug covered up? Or is that a bad thing? I would think any loss of water would kinda defeat the purpose of the keeping pressure inside of the canner.

--------------------
it was written to be
I was riding its back
when it used to ride me.

we were swallowing panic

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast

#1953040 - 09/26/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If it holds pressure i guess it wouldn't be much of a problem. How much is it bubbling? My pc is different but I wouldn't imagine any bubbles would be good but hey whatever if its working ya know.
Is it possible you put it in backwards or something? My sympathy to you for getting shafted on that deal with ebay man thats fucked up. People like that should be banned or something. Like Hanky said, raise hell, don't let him get by with that shit.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation