Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
The 'magic' is gone
    #1909421 - 09/12/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.pharostribune.com/cgi-bin/LiveIQue.acgi$rec=12228?lp_story

The 'magic' is gone

Publication date:
Wednesday, September 10, 2003

By KRISTINA BAKER

Pharos-Tribune staff writer

Cass County authorities have shut down an alleged psilocybin mushroom grow operation, believed to be the largest in Cass County history.

On Monday, authorities arrested 71-year-old John Frushour of 1305 North St., after officers executed a search warrant of his home at around 4 p.m.

During a probable cause hearing held in Cass Superior Court 2 Tuesday morning, Judge Richard Maughmer found probable cause for Frushour's arrest on the felony charge and set bond at $10,000 cash/$50,000 surety.

According to Cass County Prosecutor Kevin Enyeart, four counts have been filed against Frushour, including two counts of Class A felony dealing in a Schedule I controlled substance, a Class C felony charge of possession of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a park and a Class D felony charge of maintaining a common nuisance.

Frushour's wife, Joan, also faces charges of possession of a controlled substance, a Class C felony, and maintaining a common nuisance, a D felony. Enyeart said although Joan was not arrested on Monday, she will be charged in the case.

According to Enyeart, the Class A felonies were elevated from a B felony and the C felony was elevated from a D felony because the alleged offenses occurred within 1,000 feet of Riverside Park.

Enyeart said Frushour's arrest was the result of a controlled agent buy that took place on Monday, prior to the search. The transaction with the undercover agent then led authorities to obtain a search warrant for the home.

"It was a substantial grow operation," said Enyeart. "It was quite a find."

In the search, police confiscated a large quantity of spores used to grow mushrooms, as well as several mushrooms in various stages of growth, he said. Some of the finished product in addition to an amount of marijuana also were seized. Authorities are in the process of determining the exact amount or weight of the confiscated drugs.

With the street value for mushrooms at about $100 an ounce, the alleged grow operation had the potential of grossing well over $5,000 a month, according to Cass County Drug Task Force officers who investigated the case.

Although officers still say drug cases stemming from psilocybin mushrooms are rare, they have begun to see an increase in the drug's usage in this area within the last year.

"We have noticed several of the last drug raids there has been evidence of mushrooms," said Drug Task Force member Rick Hopper.

Psilocybin, commonly called "magic mushrooms" or "shrooms" is a hallucinogen that has an effect similar to that of LSD and a high that lasts approximately seven hours. According to information from Partnership For a Drug-free America, psilocybin mushrooms, like other hallucinogens, distort reality, producing images and sensations of being detached from one's body. Experiences may vary, however, among individuals and dosage amounts.

According to Drug Task Force officers, an average dosage of about 2 grams is able to produce the hallucinogenic effects.

The mushrooms are ingested either by eating them or grinding them up to make a tea.

"Mushrooms are a hallucinogen, so it's a very serious offense," said Enyeart. If convicted, Frushour may face several years in prison. The prison term for a Class A felony alone ranges between 20 to 50 years and carries a maximum $10,000 fine.

According to law enforcement officers, Frushour is suspected of having grown mushrooms for several years. The arrest stemmed from an ongoing investigation by the Task Force.

Although police say mushroom usage is not as common as other types of illegal drugs, Monday's bust is a significant find. "It's the largest mushroom operation I've ever seen," said Hopper.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: motaman]
    #1909739 - 09/12/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"The prison term for a Class A felony alone ranges between 20 to 50 years and carries a maximum $10,000 fine. "

WTF?

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Hans_Moleman]
    #1911054 - 09/12/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Meanwhile.........a rapist runs the streets with impunity.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Learyfan]
    #1911397 - 09/12/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Meanwhile.........a rapist runs the streets with impunity.

[image]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:9ZTP-QGPBjEC:nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/shrooms/Images/oe49.gif[/image]

I get very upset knowing my tax dollars are going toward arresting 71 year old men. Our country needs money for many, many different things that are way more important. If theres one things we've all learned its that war doesnt solve anyting, except all of americas problems.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #1917644 - 09/15/03 08:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

let the old man trip.. he's not hurting anybody..

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1920495 - 09/16/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"
With the street value for mushrooms at about $100 an ounce, the alleged grow operation had the potential of grossing well over $5,000 a month, according to Cass County Drug Task Force officers who investigated the case.
"

50 ounces a month, wow thats an op.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1920691 - 09/16/03 04:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

FFS

I always read the posts here in the news forum, and in almost every one is an instance of a wildly OTT American law. I have to say: "I am so glad I don't live in the USA" If I did, I'd probably revolt!

Your founding fathers are probably turning in their graves with what the US is becoming!

:nonono:

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1920982 - 09/16/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

20 to 50 years? Do the US have minimum penalties? :shocked: :frown:

If you kill someone in Holland and the chance for repetition is small, you will go to prison for max. 18 years.   

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Annom]
    #1921404 - 09/16/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> Do the US have minimum penalties?

In the mid 80's the US decided to get "tough on drugs" with the help if Nancy Regan. The executive branch (they enforce laws) decided that judges were being too soft on illegal drug offenders. In their infinite wisdom they decided to impose mandatory minimum sentences for illegal drug related crimes and allow the government to confiscate personal property when illegal drugs were involved.

The results speak for themselves. The US prison population has more than quadrulpled since 1982 when the Regan's started their get tough policies. The US now has more people in jail or under judicial supervision (per capita) than any other nation on earth, ever. More than 5.6 million Americans are in prison or have served time there... that is 1out of every 37 adults living in the US. Nearly 1 in 3 women in prison in the US are serving sentences for drug-related crimes. By the year 2010, the number of American's in prison is expected to be 7.7 million, or 3.4 percent of all US adults.

In the US, a black man has a 1 in 3 chance of goign to prision during his lifetime. A hispanic man has a 1 in 6 chance, and a white man has a 1 in 17 chance.

Welcome to the land of the free...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Annom]
    #1921559 - 09/16/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
20 to 50 years? Do the US have minimum penalties? :shocked: :frown:

If you kill someone in Holland and the chance for repetition is small, you will go to prison for max. 18 years.   

very recently here in australia a psycho was released from a mental ward, went straight to  his ex-wifes home and slit her throat then sued the board who let him out and got a $300,000 claim.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1921576 - 09/16/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

they probably have dry/wet confused, as well. heh.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Raadt]
    #1924944 - 09/17/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Raadt said:
they probably have dry/wet confused, as well. heh. 

:lol:

Are you gonna explain it to them, or shall I? :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: ]
    #1927570 - 09/18/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

very recently here in australia a psycho was released from a mental ward, went straight to his ex-wifes home and slit her throat then sued the board who let him out and got a $300,000 claim.

lol

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Fungushungry]
    #1937239 - 09/21/03 04:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Raadt: i've heard of cases where they included substrate weight aswell...

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDragon1
Stranger
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Hans_Moleman]
    #10922529 - 08/23/09 08:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I am posting because I am the subject of this bust and was just wondering how you came up with this newspaper article.  I served 21/2 years for this and had been doing it for 9 years. I had never been busted for anything else in my life. I am now 77 years old and was the top mycologist in at least the state of Indiana.

Anything you want to know about shroom growing?  Well just ask.

Dragon1
Dragon1
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/23/09 08:26 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Dragon1]
    #10923593 - 08/23/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Wow that is fucking ridiculous! I can't believe they sent you to prison for 2 and 1/2 years considering that you had no prior record, not to mention your age! Insane. :sad:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #10923681 - 08/23/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, a 71 year old shroomer. I wonder if he smokes weed too.

Offlineshopdropper
Professional Psychonaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Sailing the sea of cheese
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Le_Canard]
    #10923793 - 08/23/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i think so they say they confiscated some weed too.

--------------------
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME: no guarantees can be made about the accuracy of the information herein. The information dicussed in these posts is purely hypothetical, and for intelectual purposes only. Any similarity between internet chat and real life is pure coincidence.

:google:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: shopdropper]
    #10923913 - 08/23/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It was probably his, then. I hope I'm still toking up at 71. :gethigh:

InvisibleLord Mayonnaise
 User Gallery

Loc: Sub Country Flag
Re: The 'magic' is gone [Re: Le_Canard]
    #10924957 - 08/24/09 06:39 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Oh I get it, this article is almost 6 years old.

2 and a bit years ain't so bad for 9 years of tax free income. :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck