Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
I think we should start talking about methods
    #1935782 - 09/20/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: I think we should start talking about methods [Re: World Spirit]
    #1935827 - 09/20/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think its a good idea.

Every trip this summer has been therapeutic and life affirming. It started Canada day...Im a dweller; i sit, and i think and i think and i think and ever possibly thought about something, and...after being minorly depressed because of the world and cutting myself off from it for a bit over a year...i was getting into a negative headspace of lonesomeness and lack of existance.

When i trip, these thoughts which have played out so many time's...get integrated into the experience, and the trip acts as the catalyst for change. Im nearly dependant upon it, for severe life change's...but i can make a drastic turn around with a trip, and it does me real good.

The dwelling is my preparation, weeks and weeks of intense thinking..and then expecting, anticipation to start acting on my thoughts...and the trip straightens it all out, lets me solve my problem and move on to the next.

It works well for me.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous #1

Re: I think we should start talking about methods [Re: PDU]
    #1936359 - 09/20/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

when i was taking a poo today, i was singing the "badger badger badger, mushroom song"

my roomate said are you saying "badtrip badtrip mushroom?"

i said of course not, there is no such thing as a bad trip... because chances are that bad trip showed you more things then any "good" trip could, don't be subjective... especially with mushrooms.

so yes, i think they can be used to heal yourself from within... but i think someone who is experienced with mushrooms could do this much easier than a noobie... plus this therapy is not for everyone.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: I think we should start talking about methods [Re: ]
    #1936444 - 09/20/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, I think a person needs to have a somewhat basic understanding of how tripping effects the senses and a history of how psychedelic therapy works. They also need to have a firm belief in their substance, and not take it as a last hope...but as their first tool to help.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1937333 - 09/21/03 06:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1938541 - 09/21/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"From Chocolate to Morphine, everything you need to know about Mind-Altering drugs." page 202

Psychedelic therapy - "as a clinical psychologist who has treated hundreds of patients with psychedelic drugs over the past twenty-face years, I consider LSD, MDMA, magic mushrooms, mescaine and the rest to be the most valuable therapeutic tools I know to show people how they change in positive directions.... I am very careful in selecting patients for this kind of treatment, very careful in preparing them for a psychedelic session, in conducting the session, and in following it up with the kind of work that enables patients to make practical use of the insights they gain. Conventional forms of psychotherapy often enable people to understand how their habits of thinking about themselves and others produce frustration and pain, but you can spend years in therapy gaining all this insight and keep on being the same frustrated, neurotic person. One good psychedelic session can make you FEEL what you are doing and show you how to do it differently. IN the right hands and setting these drugs can convince you that the worst problem in your life can be solved by changing your own attitutdes and ways of perceiving and can motivate you to make the necessary changes."

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1940103 - 09/22/03 08:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1943836 - 09/23/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
If people are already taking mushrooms AND they're posting in SGC, I think we might as well offer a few techniques for making progress. That is my main point.

Care would have to be taken to not offer to much advice. What I mean is that everybody has a different relationship with psychedelics and different ways they obtain results. Trying to give to  much direction could be bad . A case in point would be dosages. You and me have completly different ideas of what a productive dosage is. You say high doses are vain and dangerous. I say low doses are vain, dangerous , pointless and for those who can't handle the truth. I'm not going to say either of us is right because different people will benifit from each path. The point i'm trying to make is that I see no harm in giving people some advice or slight direction, but trying to set strict guidelines as to how to "properly" use psychedelics would be counterproductive for some people.. Leary proved this. What i'm saying is there is no one proper way for results.
As for offering suggestions as to help guide people to the possibilitys thats fine and why we have the trip tips forum. :smile: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think we should start talking about methods [Re: chinacat72]
    #1943901 - 09/23/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1944026 - 09/23/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

My point is this: I think we should humbly but clearly share tips for getting through BAD TIMES in this particular forum. The "Trip Tips" forum is aimed at people who aren't going thru tough times; they're a whole different audience in some regards.

I got ya. I misunderstood your intentions. I thought you were talking about a guidebook of exactly how one should take psychedelics.

Quote:

BTW ~ the dosage amount I WOULD be willing to consider if I could witness someone doing it on video tape (atleast for a few minutes, in complete anonymity) so I can understand what happens. You can't expect me to just consider putting an entire gram or a half gram of compressed, crystalline LSD without first knowing the ramifications physiologically and psychologically. There's also a lot of concern over short term after-effects and long-term after-effects, not to mention "who" would be considered an appropriate candidate for such an  experience.

By large dosage i'm not refering to thumbprints. Those are for a select few people for a select purpose. What I mean by a large dose is a dose large enough to give the full psychedelic experiance(ie. 500mcg-1000mcg LSD ,4-5 grams mushrooms,50-60 mg. DMT). Again dosages are a touchy subject to advise people of esspecially if you don't know them. And also peoples preferance of dosage amounts can change at different points along the psychedelic path. As for witnessing people doing this thats going to require seeking them out. The rainbow trail or the Dead family is a good place to find people that tend to choose to dose on the high side. Also we seem to get better benifits from dosing high because there is a loving trusting support group there to help one through the experiance(just as the indians do). People that have no such support group might not be as likely to benifit from going in full steam, though some lone wolves do it without problems.

/loves ya back :heart: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think we should start talking about methods [Re: chinacat72]
    #1944302 - 09/23/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous #1

#1944312 - 09/23/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by user's request.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I think we should start talking about methods [Re: ]
    #1945439 - 09/23/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate