Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Looks good
    #1932598 - 09/19/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

out of all my 5 cakes on my first grow, this one left (sad i know lol), is actually looking ok. At first it was contaminated but i left it alone and the mycelia started taking over the green and covering it, i was happy that it won the war against evil contamns. Well after i cut off the contamns i put it right into this like maybe 2 or 3 gallon plastic bin with a lid and perlite on the bottom. I give it a few hours of light every day and fan like 3 times a day. It is like 2 or 3 days later now from when i birthed, and the missing spot from where the contamns were has colonized with nice white healthy mycelia. And also, there are like 6 or 7 very small pins on one side, and maybe 1 or 2 on the other side of the cake. I was planning to dunk all along but i guess i didnt really get a chance to. My questions are:

-I wanted to dunk all along, now that there are pins, should i wait till 1st flush is done then dunk?

-They are pretty small pins now, but they look healthy, can see little caps on some and shit. How long do you think it will be until they mature?

Tommarow I will have pictures of this cake, i want to make sure it is moist enough and shit. Peace guys.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery
Re: Looks good [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1932899 - 09/19/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have dunked a cake with pins on it, and they grew to be very large. This was something I wanted to experiment with, and I had good results. The pins were very small, mind you, and only 2 of them. They didnt seem to be harmed by cold shocking or dunking. If you dunked them and they continued to grow I'd say 5-6 days.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Looks good [Re: Smaug]
    #1933116 - 09/19/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, pins usually withstand being dunked. Don't dunk longer than 24hrs though; dunking too lon might cause damage to the whole cake.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Looks good [Re: koraks]
    #1933594 - 09/19/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ok i think i will dunk tonight, do i need to steralize the water i dunk in? Would using a normal metal pot be fine? peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1933647 - 09/19/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Use the jars that your cake were in. Fill your jars 1/4 with purified water. Put the cakes in and press them down with the lids. Refridgerate.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Looks good [Re: SixCee]
    #1934009 - 09/19/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

do i have to steralize the jars? they have just been sitting around with old peices of verm and mycelia in them.

--------------------

InvisibleDanKnugget
Mysterious Traveller
Male

Loc: On a boat
    #1934037 - 09/19/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

it might be a good idea to wash em out and microwave some water in them to sterilize it, but cakes are pretty contam resistant.

--------------------
My 3 proverbs:
1. School is for people who don't know stuff.
2. Jobs are for losers.
3. Reading is for people with nothing better to do.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Looks good [Re: DanKnugget]
    #1934122 - 09/19/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Would it be ok to use a clean pot and fill it with distilled water, put the cake in, let sit 12 hours with lid on pot, then take out and back to fruiting chamber? thanks for help guys, peace.

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #1934635 - 09/20/03 03:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'd stick with what 6C suggested. If the jars the substrate colonised in aren't available anymore, look for some containers you can easily sterilize like DanKnugget said.

A clean pot would be ok too, but IME, the pots in my kitchen aren't all that clean...

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Looks good [Re: koraks]
    #1935131 - 09/20/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Alright well heres what i did. I used this big coffee mug, cleaned it well with hot water and soap, filled it with cold distilled water, then i put the cake in. I put tinfoil over the top of the mug, and put the whole mug into a little rubber container (this was also washed with hot water and soap, i have the container closed and in my cabinet. Its around 11:30 now, so i plan taking it out later on tonight like around midnight or so. Does this all sound good?

Oh and one more thing, since my fruiting chamber is empty for like 12 hours do you think it would be a good time to take out the perlite, clean the container, and put new perlite and new water in? Just wondering. Thanks for helpin guys, peace.

--------------------

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

#1935764 - 09/20/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

bump, does the coffee cup thing sound like it will do the job fine. I'm living with my mom so putting it in the refrigerator for cold shock wouldnt be too easy, there are already pins on it though and i thought cold shocking was to induce pinning. Peace, shroom on.

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1935772 - 09/20/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah your dunking method sounds fine to me. If your perlite smells funky than yeah replace it. Also mix in hydrogen peroxide with the water that you soak your perlite in.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Looks good [Re: SixCee]
    #1935850 - 09/20/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hm i dont think theres hydrogen peroxide in my bathroom, and asking my mom for it might be kinda sketchy. I could try to get some though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom