Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheTumor
The Sultan
Loc: Toiletbowl, PA
Trip Report:Meeting lady Salvia - not as nice as youd think!
    #1935723 - 09/20/03 05:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone else is telling everyone about their profound salvia experiences, so I feel kinda as if i should share my first trip as well.

I had bought an ounce of dried leaf and smoked it over a period of 2 or 3 months earlier in the year. I could relate to a lot of peoples experiences. Mainly just the physical though - heavy breathing, heavy heart beating, but I never was able to smoke enough to completely feel the effects of the trip. I usually had to stop after the second bowl of leaf beucase I was already tripping and was afraid to get allow myself to become any more distant from reality.

So, until I bought my first gram of extract, I never really salvia tripped before.

My first experience with it was on my back porch. I Stuck a leaf at the bottom of the bowl, and then poured about an 8th of the bag on top of the leaf. My idea was to use the leaf as a screen so I didnt waste any of the extract.

I chilled out, made a quick mental check, and hit it. It was also the first time i used a bubbler with salvia. I got an incredibly deep hit and was for the first time able to acheive that 30 second breath. Before I exhaled I already was experienceing visual effects. It was as though I was lifting my head up and down in a very fluent motion, but couldnt take grasp upon anything - how i described it to my friends was I compared it to an old Nintendo. Remember when you would put the game in and it wouldnt go in quite right? The title screen would scroll down from the top, and as soon as it would fit the screen, it would start back with the scrolling down again? It would never scroll up, just from the top to the bottom, from the top to the bottom, and it would happen every half a second or so. That, honestly is the only way i can describe the visuals.

I started to have a sense of regret, as I was already tripping my balls off. Imagine the world, the whole world from your eyes, just a drape, working and aging in front of you, but you staying the same, completely absent from reality, just there, sitting and observing...

TIME FOR ANOTHER HIT!

The seond hit was probably twice as strong as the first, and before I exhaled I had broken though, no longer was I watching the world, I was completly absent from reality. THe trip began to become way to strong. I didnt feel any relevance between the stimulation of my chair on my back, to a physical sense. I was feeling - but there was no reason, because there were things around me, but i... i couldnt understand.

I had a very quaint homely feeling of a female presence up and till now. Then the regret turned into a sense of horror - i was still getting worse. I was worried of never coming down, and it was so possible that I might not.
Then That female presence - Leaned behind my ears - and started laughing. A sisnister howl of dominance. It cried out mid chuckle: "You fool! How could you be so stupid to smoke something that someone sent you in the mail!"

My feeling at that point was that this wasnt salvia - and was something fatal. I may not be here long.

I stood up fast - the back of my knees slid the chair out against the wall and I ran inside. There was no intermediate time or actions from when i was outside to when I was inside. I passed a mirror that was on the wall, then I had a picture of Lady Salvia. Tall - in a black leather overcoat that covered all of her except for her face and long hair - She was still laughing at me. In a horrible, evil villan hollywood-style laugh.

I burried my head in a pillow and began to feel as If the trip was too much. That I may not ever come down and I would have to ajust, relearn everything I now know about reality, and live forever in this new reality. It was quite frightening.

Then, with my face still in the pillow, I visualized the world. A blue orb of energy, calm and dossil, spinning. Then the face of earth became covered by small clusters of red dots. All bright neon red. And slowly, a few migrated from the surface of the planet, the floated up, hovering above the surface. There were several all around the planet conducting this kind of behavior. Then Slowly, as new dots rose, the orriginals floated back to the surface, becoming another in the clusters covering earth.

This vision calmed me down. The vision reminded me that the effects are temporary, right now there are others all across the globe feeling the same way I am. Part of the same dissconnection - pioneering the new universe. But soon enough, we will all reconnect, reasume our positions in reality, in society, in all that is normal.

I took a few heavy breaths and walked outside again. This time to the front yard where my dog greeted me. I was coming down, and my dog comforted me very much. I started to think it was because of the salvia, I was assuming my dog something that its not, more human, more full of caring personality. But All in all I think my trip was a rather hectic one, quite full of intense feelings and trauma. And I think that Jude, can comfort me after anything like this.

I came down and had to call everyone I knew to tell them about the experience. At first I told myself I would never salvia trip again.. I havent since then, but I think that this drug is more or less psychadelic, not to be taken for recreational use, and like all psychadellics, have a sense of set and setting before administering the drug.

There are lots of little things that I taught myself over this trip. I think that Its a good idea to write out you experience afterwards. Help you to see the lessons that can be learned.

The followup is that im planning a salvia trip tonight. And jude is doing fine, I just took her to the vet for a checkup wendsday.

--------------------
Never end a scentence with a preposition!
"INCORRECT: Wheres your warrant at?
CORRECT: Wheres your warrant at mother fucker!?"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: TheTumor]
    #1936799 - 09/21/03 02:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Great trip report...this makes me even more interested in trying to tango with Lady Salvia however.  :smile: 

Offlinepoopyone
Isn't my titlecool?

Loc: Canada
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: MOTH]
    #1937197 - 09/21/03 05:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Whoa! That's all I have to say about that. You know what would be funny? If one of us got rich, and paid for a commercial that promoted salvia by recreating trip reports like this. Actually this report probably wouldn't be the best promotion tool for salvia, but you get the idea.

OfflineTheTumor
The Sultan
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: poopyone]
    #1938046 - 09/21/03 03:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, definately - i just dont know how any of us would go about putting something like this into video! One of my first clean thoughts after the trip, I was thinking about how I got scared about smokeing the salvia that came in the mail, I just couldnt beleive that I came up with that. "You fool smoking something that someone sent you in the mail!" Couldnt beleive that I reasoned like that all the sudden. Im always worried about people lacing my weed, to increase the effects, and Im very concious about things like that, and I never would have thought that that extract was anything but salvia extract. Until someone whispered it in my ear, lol. The reflection came on like when you wake up from a very good, complex, long raveling dream, kinda having trouble beleiving how busy your subconcious is.

Anyway - promotioal salvia ads, aired during primetime Reality TV commercial breaks - good idea.

--------------------

Edited by TheTumor (09/21/03 03:58 PM)

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #1938176 - 09/21/03 05:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Heh if you actually made honest Salvia ads it'd scare away about 99.5% or more of the audience.  I don't know many people who watch "Friends" that would want an infinately reflected version of self compressing upon itself to sign the end of all time.  Not to mention by this point you've forgotten you've taken a drug and see this as reality.  Yea well, anyways, Salvia is a teacher....not an entertainer that's for sure :smile:

OfflineNimbus231980
Tripper
Loc: PA
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: Digs]
    #1939995 - 09/22/03 08:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey luke, I have to come over sometime and salvia trip on that extract.  You got any left?  :nut:

Chad

--------------------
If I ate grass like a cow does, would my poop be good enough to grow shrooms?

Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: Nimbus231980]
    #1941042 - 09/22/03 04:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hi, never tryied this but intend to someday.
was just wondering how to put the extract in the bowl without it fallint into the screen?
his leafe thing sounded weird, wouldnt it fall when the leaf burn?

thanks

Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: salazare]
    #1944658 - 09/23/03 04:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ok forget it i found a solution and will put like 2 more screen.

see ya

OfflineTheTumor
The Sultan
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: salazare]
    #1952275 - 09/25/03 09:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ya, the extract will burn before the leaf. The leaf will be stuffed in the bottom, and then the ectract on top. If you do it it'll make sense.

And in response to Digs, do you know any set, or way to put yourself in a situation where you use Salvia not as a recreational drug? I admit, when I use anything, there is always a certain lull surrounding the expereince, that destroys my mindset. Concentration is all i cant think of, and it all fades away when I hit the bowl. Any salvia trip tips?

--------------------

InvisibleGCDestruction
one time mindfor your
    #1952772 - 09/26/03 12:21 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

good report. im not really a fan of salvia.
as far as tips, id say to have a familiar setting with as little movement in the room as possible.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: GCDestruction]
    #1954093 - 09/26/03 01:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I dont much enjoy the salvia trip for recreational purposes. Salvia is a good tool, and has medicinal value, do not forget this, and remember to have complete and utter respect for the plant or you will get taken for a ride, and never allowed back on again =]

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisiblestarseed
professional lurker

Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: tak]
    #1954181 - 09/26/03 01:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

salvia kicked my assonce... and it was the last time ive taken it...
i had ordered an oz and smoked occasionally.. nothing too major..
then the extract came. i think it was 10x...
anyway my friend told me of his extract experiences (my favorite being him interviewing hillary clinton while she was on tv, and she would answer his questions) so i decided to try it out. what the hell, thought i... ive smoked the regular leaf, i can handle the extract...
HAHAHAHA oh my goodness no...
he packed some regular leaf in a bong for me, then threw some extract on top. a lot came out, and he snickered maniacally "oh man you're in for it"...
we go into his backyard, and i sit down at the table outside. its a metal mesh table that you can see through, and the chairs are the same.
i exhale and prep myself for the hit. i light it up and take one. IMMEDIATELY i feel a verrry high salvia trip, but i still take another rip...
at this point, reality turns into silly putty and i lose about 10 minutes, but i can tell the story from my friends eyes...
i take the second rip and halfway through i say "its too much, i cant go on" and i try to set the bong down. only, since im so altered, it tips over and spills water all over me. i shoot up like a rocket out of my chair and it flies backards. im reaaaallllly tripping a this point... i see myself being sewn into a tarp that is orange with water droplets all over it... it is making itself into a bunch of ovals, and my neck is in one of the spaces... i thought that if i closed my eyes, i would be sewn up forever...
while this is going on, my friend is asking me what i see, and all i can do is laugh that psychotic acid laugh that all you trippers know (and if you dont, pm me and ill send you a sound clip of the twisted laughter) and it kind of freaks him out...
i see a female form in the distance, which i assumed was my friend's sister.. upon regaining a foothold in reality, however, i find that no one has come out of the house...
anyweay, i ended up on the grass in his backyard, sprawled out under the moonlight.. i sort of come to and chain smoke cigarettes to try and ground myself... i start looking at the mesh table and it turns fully 3-d.. really trippy...
i smoke about 4 cigarettes in 8 minutes and try to piece together what i just experienced, but i am at a total loss.. i was so scared at the time, and yet so enthralled... the tarp thing i saw was like the afterlife, and a different soul was in each hole....

also at one point in the trip i could feel myself only as a diagonal line, attatched to my body at the third eye region.

quite a trip... i've still not yet got the nerve to do another high end salvia trip...

--------------------
:poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison:

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: starseed]
    #1954261 - 09/26/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, sounds pretty crazy

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

#1954526 - 09/26/03 03:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheTumor said:And in response to Digs, do you know any set, or way to put yourself in a situation where you use Salvia not as a recreational drug?

Honestly, I may not be the best person to answer this, but I'll give it a go.

I honestly don't see how you COULD use Salvia recreationally.  It's not a good feeling at all, per se. :smile:

Before you dose, take time to try (haha) to understand what you're getting into.  Where the psychedelics I've done seem to kind of show you the way gradually, Salvia yanks you from your reality and instantly displaces you wherever the fuck it wants to.  Total and instant loss of control (if you break through) to wherever the salvia gravity takes you.  It's really quite a harrowing experience, I honestly could not prepare myself with words for it.  If you try it be ready for a complete displacement of.....well, everything.  Try to learn from it, be safe :smile:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: Digs]
    #1954529 - 09/26/03 03:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

> It's really quite a harrowing experience

Exactly!  Well said.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: Seuss]
    #1954866 - 09/26/03 05:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

My experience with salvia sounds pretty common I guess... several unsuccessful attempts to break though, then one crazy experience with 12x, and I'll never do it again. I cannot remember much of my trip, but everyonce in a while I'll get little flashes of the experience, and I remember another part of it. I remember I was given the task of putting reality back together, otherwise I'd never be allowed to return. Every second that went by, reality became more unrecognizeable. I was using some weird dimensional mathematics to fix everything, and physically switching dimensions around and putting blocks together with my hands. From my two friends' perspective, I was shoting things like "7, 7, 9, 10, switch levels, dimension 5, switch 9. negative" I remember grabbing the windowsill and trying to stop it from turning and multiplying, only I didn't know it was a windowsill. From my perspective it was a disturbance in space time with dimensions multiplying and spilling out, destryoing the universe. I forgot what real life was, I forgot about the existance of people. It was just me and these superior beings who traversed the interdimensional worlds with no effort. I was so unworthy compared to them.

Then I came out of it slowly and I was euphoric for a couple hours, just happy to live in ONE dimension, ONE universe, and not have to worry about it coming apart on me. I woudln't have mided the experience, except when I'm tripping I'll get salvia flashbacks and panic, and it really sucks. I"ll be laying there watching the visuals, and if they get too salvia-esque, I start to get nervous, and I open my eyes, and theres more salvia stuff, and it makes me panic.

--------------------

OfflineTheTumor
The Sultan
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: Noviseer]
    #1960066 - 09/28/03 05:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Noviseer, I get the same way, I feel like Salvia has ruined every drug for me. Even when I smoke dream stimulating herbs, stuff that has no effect on conciousness, even when i do that I get really scared. The same way with grass. I just wig out right at the beginning, and sometimes pause with the notion that I might not be able to do it.

I havent salvia tripped since, but I think the negative aspect of the trip all came after I started to reassure myself, that all that was happeneing was a chemical moving around on my brain, and soon those chemicals would float by and I would return to reality as I knew it. I feel now that It is that way, but while tripping, I think that you should agree with the feelings that you are getting, the ones that lead you to believe that salvia has a distinct personality, dont 'groove' on it, but beleive it.
Like I said, I havent salvia tripped since the last report, but I am anxious to try it again. And I think that this time I will try an utilize that feeling - an acceptance of whatever is going on. I think when you dont do that, you get a bad trip, like Lady salvia's punishment, keeping those away that cant handle the possibility that there is a seperate reality, that of the salvia realm.

Im rambling.

Let me tell you another theroy ive conjured up.
It sounds like something people come up while they're smoking grass with their friends, but just try and understand, and if you dont beleive it, then tell me you disagree, its rather farfetched, and easily dismissable.

When I was rereading my trip report, a few things that I said stood out, like all i could do was watch, and observe and grow. Like I was here, and everyhthing else was somewhere else.

Imagine what life would be like if you were a plant. Imagine the boundaries of your thought, you couldnt analyze things the way humans do, your mental structure probably wouldnt even permit you to see things anywhere close to the way humans think. Do you think that Salvia may make people's brains function more like a plant? Like a tree or of the sort?

I thought about this for a long time, and then started to do a little more research, didnt find anything written that resemble my new found beleif of the role that salvia plays on the brain, but I did find a picture which depicted lady salvia, looking out from a pattern of salvia leaves, I dont really know what about this picture stood out, but it just made me feel like, she was looking out from a plants perspective.

The whole thing is fucked up, but the more I think about it the more at ease I feel with the whole idea. I dont know, but I do have a new apreciation for salvia the plant, and salvia the experience. And maybe trying analyze and break it down, simplifying the deal, isnt the best way to go.

Maybe the whole thing has just fucked me up!

--------------------

Edited by TheTumor (09/28/03 05:40 PM)

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

#1960410 - 09/28/03 07:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, the plant analogy would really explain my trip well.

I was totally confined to one space, just like, "oh well, I'm stuck here the rest of eternity".  That's one funky way of showing a plant's perspective but that's an awesome theory of Salvia's message/intentions. :smile:

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1962595 - 09/29/03 02:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There are a lot of people who imagine themselves as a plant on Salvia. But also a lot who turn to another inanimate object like a tableleg, or paint. I fused and became my bed once.
A human would never think like a plant, because plants don't think. You might think and feel that you are thinking like a plant, but you're not.

It might be good if you used Salvia again and start with a low dose. If you can get good trips then your Salvia-fear of other drugs may be gone.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Meeting lady Salvia - shes not as nice as youd think! [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1962686 - 09/29/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

> A human would never think like a plant, because plants don't think

Only a human would have the ego to assume that plants don't think...  :smile:

Unless you have been a plant, how do you know that plants don't think?  Have you never sat and listened to the trees talk?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports