Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline19x
lachrymologist

Loc: up your ass and around th...
update on my pf grow :) B+, golden teachers, and PE6
    #19346116 - 12/30/13 12:37 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i promised that after christmas id post an update on my progress. i posted a thread about a  B+ shotglass cake that i birthed about 9 days ago. im also experimenting with a small candle jar about 3 times the size of the shotglass. the candle jar was knocked up a couple days after the shotglass with PE6, which i was told by the trusted supplier that the strain was "on steroids". incidentally the B+ seems to be far more aggressive as the candle jar with the PE6 took almost 2 weeks to germinate, whereas the shotglass was completely done and consolidated 10 days after inoculation. anyway heres some pics of that candle jar.. (i dont see anything rhizomorphic yet.. does that mean its weak mycelium?)

http://

i also have at least 4 jars of B+ that are close to 90% colonized. they were dont in different batches about 3 days apart from each other. also the subs were mixed differently for each batch. i know this is incorrect but i was blazed out of my mind, and for the first batch i mixed the water with the BRF first, and then stirred in the verm. oddly enough this was the batch that germinated first and seemed to have a leading start on all the other jars. the second batch was mixed correctly first soaking the verm and then coating it with the BRF very evenly and thoroughly. the second batch has since caught up, and based on what is seen in these pics i  expect to be able to birth in about 10 days or so after consolidation. the first pic is showing the side of the jars that is least colonized, and the second pic is showing them turned around to the other side. the two jars on the right basically only germinated at one spot on one side each, and then proceeded to wrap all the way around the jar meeting at the other side. is that aggressive or what? :smile:

now for the golden teachers. i knocked these up about a week ago in 1/2 pint glasses capped with foil and the bottom layer of foil taped down with electrical tape. no it didnt even start to melt when steamed, and by the way all of these jars were steam sterilized. 3 different batches, 4 to 5 jars each batch, and theres only one jar not showing any signs of growth. i ran out of mason jars by the time i got to the golden teacher syringe, so i just used these glasses i had lying around. the first pic im putting here is a square glass. i knocked it up right in the corners of the jar so it would be really easy to see. all 4 corners look very healthy to me. any comments?

one last pic i want to post is the PE6 that was done up about 2 weeks ago. it showed a small fuzzy white germination spot (about half the size of a pea) after about a week after knocking it up. 2 weeks later and this is what that spot has turned into.. looks healthy to me but seems to be growing very slowly. my trusted supplier told me that PE6 was "on steroids", not literally, just a euphemism for being very aggressive, but the B+ and the teachers seem to be beating the crap out of it in that department. anyway heres the pics of the PE6 jars. in the second pic, the jars i am referring to as PE6 are the 2 jars all the way to the right. very weaker looking than the B+ to its left considering theyve all been germinated for at least 2 weeks already  no?

anyway thats my update :smile: i almost gave up because i did this whole post and then fucked up and hit the back button on my mouse and lost it all when i was almost done. instead of saying fuck it i went and took a couple of bong rips though and just started thinking about my jars. after staring at them stoned for a few minutes i couldnt help doing it all over :smile:

--------------------
"all the money in the world could'nt buy me a second of trust, or one ounce of faith in anything youre about.. FUCK YOU AAAAAALLLLLL!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
Re: update on my pf grow :) B+, golden teachers, and PE6 [Re: 19x]
    #19346134 - 12/30/13 12:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Looking great man. Keep us posted. What are you birthing your cakes into? Lemme know and a wet weight / dry weight final result would be much appreciated when the time comes.

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #19346135 - 12/30/13 12:41 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

no rhizzo's doesn't mean weak mycelium:thumbup: those look good from my eye and way to a be a dedicated stoner

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: update on my pf grow :) B+, golden teachers, and PE6 [Re: Webster10]
    #19346222 - 12/30/13 01:00 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i think the tub im using for my FC is 20 gallons. note that i did not drill the holes in it. it was given to me like this. holes all around the bottom of the 4 sides about an inch apart each. also a couple of holes on each side above the bottom row. i dont have the properly fitting lid so i duct tape strips of plastic wrap to a cardboard tube with the free end of the plastic wrap taped to the other side of the tub. i keep a lid thats not for that tub on top to hold the edges down the cardboard tube is basically a handle so i can open easily to fan. i dont have a hygrometer but the temp in there is staying between 75 - 80 using a heating pad underneath. when i stick my hand in it feels like very moist air :smile: and there are droplets everywhere on all sides. ive been fanning 4 to 5 times a day and its getting indirect sunlight from my bedroom window for about 12 hours a day. also the last 2 weeks have been quite cloudy so ive just been leaving my bedroom light on all day as well. hope thats not too much light.

--------------------
"all the money in the world could'nt buy me a second of trust, or one ounce of faith in anything youre about.. FUCK YOU AAAAAALLLLLL!!!"

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: update on my pf grow :) B+, golden teachers, and PE6 [Re: cronicr]
    #19346252 - 12/30/13 01:09 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i meant the opposite of what you were saying buddy. i was trying to say i  was told by the hawk man that the pe6 were "on steroids". im realizing also that MSS is quite a gamble, meaning you might not get 2 very compatible spores to find each other on every attempt. thats what im gathering from it. but so far its been 2 weeks and my pe6 jars only show that tiny growth, while the B+ look VERY rhizomorphic and aggressive. not that i can say that im surprised as i have heard time and time again that B+ is a "go to" strain. i still have a little more than half of that pe6 syringe. hopefully ill get a better "roll of the dice" the next time i make up a batch.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19346260 - 12/30/13 01:11 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

get into cloning and you won't have these issues, and it's also the best route for any PE IMO

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19346421 - 12/30/13 01:56 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

im very excited about cloning and working with agar. unfortunately i dont  have the funds for the materials needed right now. ill have to yet again be patient. i do however have a little project going that i havent mentioned up until now because im not really expecting anything good to come from it. after i used up the rest of that B  syringe i capped it up immediately after it came out of the last hole knowing that there would still be spores inside the hopefully still sterile needle. all done in a sterilized glove box btw. didnt cut any corners right there. i then made a "just for kicks" attempt at a liquid culture media using just what i had on hand. i put a teaspoon of ordinary table sugar in a 1/2 pint tupperware, and filled it a little more than halfway(to make up for evaporation) with the hottest tap water i could get. cleaned out my microwave VERY well with lysol, and let it dry. then i microwaved for 3 minutes 5 times letting it cool for about 2 mins each time in between. the lid was on tight in the microwave and i had poked a hole with a needle from another empty syringe in it and had placed electrical tape over it immediately upon opening the microwave. all this wearing gloves sterilized with 91% booze :smile: then after it cooled for about 8 hours i took out my glove box, sterilized a new pair of gloves and got to work. here i had no choice but to have hope and not re sterilize this needle because that would obviously kill any spores inside it. i merely gave it a swab and waited a couple seconds in the still air box for it to evaporate before pulling back the electrical tape only as far as i had to. i inserted the syringe, tilted the container to get the needle submerged and then filled the needle, and then immediately replacing the tape. i then took the needle out again recapped it. took it out of the glovebox and shook it up something fierce. then i re sterilized my gloves, went back into the glovebox with the syringe, uncapped the needle, swabbed it again, and let it evaporate as i pulled back the tape one more time. then i just inserted the syringe and shot up the whole thing. that was about a week ago and i do see growth... not sure if its healthy or not. take a look. i shook it up right before taking these pics. sorry for the crappy quality. the best lighting i could get was from a windowsill.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19346439 - 12/30/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

run a test jar when its ready but don't hold your breathe lol, and 70% booze is always your best bet so maybe water down what ya got

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleHypnotoadCroaked
Retired, but will check MSGs

#19346589 - 12/30/13 02:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

The other week I microwaved 4 different no pour jars AFTER pressure cooking.  Now keep in mind that I used 1/10 bleach to clean it out a few hours earlier.

The jar had lids on and tight packed polyfill ports.  100% contamination across the board.  What was neat is that I had 2 different contams.  One was bacterial and entered into 2 jars, while the other was a red colored slime, in the other 2 jars.

The only purpose was to test out how dirty my microwave is....apparently its disgusting. 

The other jars that did not get microwaved are being colonized right now without issue.

Kitchen microwaves (kitchens in general) are dirty.  I wish you the best, but I certainly would not expect much.  Hopefully you experience success.

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19346629 - 12/30/13 02:39 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

yeah im not expecting too much. that one jar i have that still hasnt even shown germination after 2 weeks i plan on resteaming and knocking up with  this little experiment in a couple days. best case scenario the jar will colonize ultra fast. worst case ittl contam and ill just bury it in the woods. i figure i have enough LC in there for at least 3 syringes, so once again its likely to be a roll of the dice again until i get down to my nearest homebrew store to buy some liquid malt extract to brew and make agar with. i also have taken up the hobby of brewing ale and wine in the last two years. its nice to have hobbies with common factors, and both will only increase my experience with an elevated level of sterility.

--------------------

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19346688 - 12/30/13 02:59 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

ahh i figured the rating system out now. keep bullshitting with me here and ill rate you for all your coaching dude. i need 5 more posts to get to the 50 minimum to rate. thanks again :smile:

--------------------

Edited by 19x (12/30/13 03:00 PM)

#19346717 - 12/30/13 03:06 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
ahh i figured the rating system out now. keep bullshitting with me here and ill rate you for all your coaching dude. i need 5 more posts to get to the 50 minimum to rate. thanks again :smile:

Good luck:  I don't have ratings.  I choose to "opt out".  I cannot rate, nor be rated.  Generally most people are great about how they rate, but all it takes is a few trolls to ruin it for everyone.  When I started getting trolled, I simply opted out.  There is no advantage for me to be a part of it.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: update on my pf grow :) B+, golden teachers, and PE6 [Re: HypnotoadCroaked]
    #19346808 - 12/30/13 03:29 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

your a five in my book whip:thumbup:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: update on my pf grow :) B+, golden teachers, and PE6 [Re: HypnotoadCroaked]
    #19346895 - 12/30/13 03:47 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i just want to share and soak up as much good information on this seemingly mycelial network of hobbyists and enthustasts. im so excited to have found a place where i can be excited about such geeky shit without putting my peers to sleep. my girlfreind is seriously getting sick of me comparing everything and anything to growing mushrooms. the other night when we were fucking, after i came i said in buttheads voice "uh.. uh huh huh huh.. i just inoculated you." this was followed by a rolling of her eyes and an unamused sounding sigh.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19346917 - 12/30/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:lmafo: always use a good sterile technique, if she contams, sterilize at 15 psi for about an hour, no g2g either just birth:thumbup:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

#19347247 - 12/30/13 04:46 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
Im so excited to have found a place where i can be excited about such geeky shit without putting my peers to sleep. my girlfreind is seriously getting sick of me comparing everything and anything to growing mushrooms

This is why I ended up here.  There is no place "in my real world" where a conversation about mycelium is interesting.  Also, Your girlfriend knows too much.  I am saying that you should really be careful, because scorned women have been known to rat out their ex on a number of occasions.  When a woman starts telling the police about jars and needles, that is enough to knock down doors.

Quote:

cronicr said:
your a five in my book whip:thumbup:

Id give you at least a 7 but they don't have that high of ratings.

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19348114 - 12/30/13 07:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i always try to be as sterile as i can be given what i have. i hate cutting corners with things that require precision to do correctly. i dont have a PC yet. im saving up for one though. after that theres no turning back. i will start PC'ing and knocking up anything containing the correct ratio of sub, nutrients, water, and space. (note my experimental nature.. im inspired by RR colonizing and fruiting bibles, bras, teddy bears etc..) ill be an official mycophiliac soon enough(i think i just invented a word) lol :smile:

--------------------

Edited by 19x (12/30/13 07:45 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates