Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
negative thoughts are way too fast
    #1934583 - 09/20/03 04:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm shroomin right now :smile:, so wonderful anyway...

have you ever watched people go to work? I was just thinking about earlier today when I saw hordes or people going to work this morning (I was working at the time mind you), they looked so miserable.  I was playing some metal (opeth I believe) in my car and was screaming away and I was stopped at a light.  this older lady looked at me and just rolled her eyes at me, and dude on the other side of me when I looked at him, honked at me in disproval. I jsut smiled and waved at them.

can you feel someone judge you?  In one way I am saddened because it kinda does suck that people are too preoccupied with negative thoughts and I realize that my mind feeds off of this negative thought. it was only recently that I learned this about myself. Ever say hello to someone or smile at someone when the egotistic sare down commences?  what I mean is when you are walking somewhere and some one is looking at you, when you stare them in the eyes, do you look away?  do you stare back? do you smile?  have you ever done any of these, if so what response did you get?  what response do you think youid get?  you know you can really make someone's day just by smiling at them and give them a happy wave.  I've seen it, as well as I've had people do it to me. I don't about people where you guys live, but people here have a thing about trust and everyone is constantly mugging someone else.

ever noticed the speed of negative thoughts?  oh so fast and oh too easy to get caught in. at the start of this trip I kept telling myself to be mindful of my thoughts (thank you Star Wars!) and I finally relized why my trips beforehand were so hazy, I was dwelling too much.  i feel so clear now. 

anyway, have you ever looked into the eyes of someone and knew they were judging you?  I swear their eyes shift so much, like I said, negative thoughts are hella fast.  I'm going out for a walk now. 

:smile: *waves* 

Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
StrawberryFields Forever
Loc: England
Re: negative thoughts are way too fast [Re: kaiowas]
    #1934946 - 09/20/03 07:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It is easy to slip from a positive state of mind into negative one. Not so easy to do the opposite.
I'm always looking straight at people. Most of the time, they look away quickly, I guess it makes them nervous. Occassionaly someone will look right back and smile a little. It's great when that happens.

"Why dance to the music when we are all slouching toward the same, inevitable conclusion."
Elizabeth Wurtzel

"So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
Where the spirits go now,
Over the hills where the spirits fly."

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: negative thoughts are way too fast [Re: lunatic_in_my_head]
    #1934984 - 09/20/03 08:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I get this almost paranoid 6th sense! lol

I think I can either read other peoples mind or know exactly what their thinking no matter how far away they are. But with my friends recenlty the thoughts have been real negative, even when they're not saying anything I still hear them talking, its wierd.

I've decided to stop tripping now because the unwanted side effects are to high for me.

altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: negative thoughts are way too fast [Re: kaiowas]
    #1935379 - 09/20/03 02:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

anyway, have you ever looked into the eyes of someone and knew they were judging you?

I know what you mean. The incident that comes to mind is when I was boarding a plane recently. I made a joke to a lady I didn't know. She laughed and when I looked to my left this guy was looking at me with the most mean look. I guess he he didn't want any sun to shine on his parade..dunno. Luckily his sour face was smashed into insignificance because you see, I was on my way to see Michael Jordan play, and it so happened that on this flight two seats ahead of me was ANOTHER of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time holding a magazine with MJ on the cover!! The synchonicity was stunning. I had a great conversation with this man. I still haven't come completely down from that.

I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Re: negative thoughts are way too fast [Re: Jellric]
    #1935454 - 09/20/03 02:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I try to say hello and smile at least one stranger a day. You'd be surprised how many smile back!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology