Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
zwan broke up.
    #1933946 - 09/20/03 12:25 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I've been experiencing a great many signs lately, "omens" if you will... like little synchronicities or lessons that I learn from really visual/ "real" life type things... I hope someone knows what I mean.

so I started listening to this band called zwan about 3 or 4 days ago, I don't know if I can really trust my memory... this really amazing girl let me borrow her copy of their cd, and I kept meaning to return it to her before she left to case her muse (she's a poet) on the road, but circumstances prevented it's return... long stories all, but not what I want to talk about.

I want to talk about this sign. I really like this band zwan, they "speak" to me in what I consider to be a very profound manner. and they broke up on or extremely close to the time that I found them.

the reason I didn't get the CD to this girl before she left was I was ameliorating a broken relationship with a friend who I had a huge fight with before he left to another city, he transferred. I came to a few conclusions about this... that sometimes the ostensible reasons for things happening aren't what's important, that change can have unforseen (but positive) consequences. I think it was a really good thing for us both (the male friend, not the poet) to give each other some space, some room for personal growth, as we used to hang out with each other too much (we share a similar animosity towards the dominate culture of our region) and I think we both benefited greatly from the separation.

now, this cd that I still have (and the cd I gave her, a wookiefoot cd that I was listening to all the time before she lent me this zwan cd) are like attachments in a way, like I'm still connected to her, which is something that makes me feel good.

the point? well, I related this all to the smashing pumpkins breaking up, thinking that change was necessary, that if they hadn't zwan would've never been formed... I'd never have gotten to hear these songs that I find so meaningful... like the relationship with my friend who transferred, like this quasi-separation I went through with this poet girl (quasi because this exchange of music is a connectiont that didn't exist before she left) are all testiments to this truth, that change is a good value.

that zwan itself broke up, that I'll never hear these songs live, is (to me) a sign that change is not the supreme value. some things are meant to be eternal. billy corgan said that he didn't feel the sense of family with zwan that he did with the pumpkins.

so... value your families, kids, not your necessarily your biological ones, but your real family, however you happen to find it.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: zwan broke up. [Re: Malachi]
    #1934351 - 09/20/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow an excellent post - this coulda fit into spirituality :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1935330 - 09/20/03 01:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I'm glad Paz is not part of any band now (someday soon, she will be in another one). I miss her violin in APC.

:frown: 

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1935391 - 09/20/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Wait a minute...Zwan broke up?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!! Not again! I missed my chance to see SP, and now I won't get to see Zwan either. I hope I get my chance to see Billy Corgan perform someday. I did get to see James Iha in APC, but I really wanna see Billy.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: zwan broke up. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1935550 - 09/20/03 03:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ok i guess im stupid because I thought Zwan was the carey,claypool,belew thing

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: zwan broke up. [Re: Grav]
    #1935585 - 09/20/03 03:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

smashing pumpkins are teh better!

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: zwan broke up. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1936755 - 09/21/03 01:52 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Wait a minute...Zwan broke up?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!! Not again! I missed my chance to see SP, and now I won't get to see Zwan either. I hope I get my chance to see Billy Corgan perform someday. I did get to see James Iha in APC, but I really wanna see Billy.

I'm gonna try to get out to chicago for corgan's poetry reading... thinking a bus would be the way to go, save $ and wear on my car...

it's so moving, in such a stagnant time.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media